R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #1771
Tech Adept

If your busting teeth on your spurs most likely your gear mesh is off or your 2 speeds oneway bearing is pooched. Check the operation of the oneway bearing by holding your finger on the spur gears and pushing the car forward...the car should roll forward with ease...if the oneway bearing is shot it won't roll forward while holding the spurs.

The nylon spurs are just fine and cheap too, don't know of any other options in that respect.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #1772
Tech Rookie

thanks steve,yeah i think it may just be a case

of small rocks getting up in their

9.00/12.00 bucks per spur is not that bad

it is a pita to do all the frick & frack of r&r

gota do it though

SpitInMyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 PM   #1773
Tech Adept

Rocks eh...hmm I'd be choosing a better spot to run

Can't believe your paying that much for LD3 spurs They retail for less than 10 bucks up here..

Last edited by SteveG; 03-23-2005 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:57 PM   #1774
Tech Master

One thing I noticed with the 0.8 upgrade - no snapping of teeth (rocks still - and always will make a mess though)

Then when I converted to the CD3 it picked up heaps less crap compared to having the gears at the rear..
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:25 PM   #1775
Tech Rookie

what would i need to convert my ld3 to cd3

price? /parts?
SpitInMyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:29 PM   #1776
Tech Master

0.8 gear kit (to be a true CD-3 pro)
LD3-CD3 conversion kit
exhaust system
front one-way

Maybe a better idea is to buy a new CD3 and use the new parts that are the same as spares. (arms, gearbox's, diff, shocks, etc)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:44 AM   #1777
Tech Apprentice

Where can you get the CD3 Conversion?
losispeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:11 AM   #1778
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

In the US, I know Nitrohouse has them for $150, I think.

I'll probably stick with the LD3 for the first 1/2 of the season (or so) and get the CD3 in a bit. I have to get a motor. I'm torn between getting either s D5R ($180 shipped), a RB Concepts V12 ($160 shipped) or the NSR5 ($213 shipped). There are still things I want to get for the car, so the nova may be out, unless I talk myself into it. Any suggestions?

Oh, as for shocks. I was considering swapping the Ofna units for a set of Tamiya shocks (the ultra coated ones). Would it be worth it?
Old 03-22-2005, 02:48 PM   #1779
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
Oh, as for shocks. I was considering swapping the Ofna units for a set of Tamiya shocks (the ultra coated ones). Would it be worth it?
Id make sure your arms already free enough to fall under their own (single arm) weight.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:08 PM   #1780
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spenzalii
[B]In the US, I know Nitrohouse has them for $150, I think.

I'll probably stick with the LD3 for the first 1/2 of the season (or so) and get the CD3 in a bit. I have to get a motor. I'm torn between getting either s D5R ($180 shipped), a RB Concepts V12 ($160 shipped) or the NSR5 ($213 shipped). There are still things I want to get for the car, so the nova may be out, unless I talk myself into it. Any suggestions?

Get the SRS cause I want to be able to beat you!!! I went to dougs today and got some track time in but my rear end is still a bit loose.

I also fixed that picco motor so its running now. So I have the OS just sitting there. I want to hop up the ld3 all I need is the pipe and a body.

Still don'y know what I want to do yet though.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:42 AM   #1781
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Id make sure your arms already free enough to fall under their own (single arm) weight.
Well, I have to to the yearly teardown and rebuild, so when I replace the arms, I'll make sure they drop well. I may even get that shock matching tool to make sure they all line up.

As for the engine, I bit the bullet. If all goes well, nxsshogun, you don't stand a chance!

While I want the CD3, I'd have to invest in more support equpiment than I have at the time (new receiver, servos, gears, starter box), since I plan on keeping the LD3 as my backup car. As it stands, All I need is a new chasis (I like to start fresh) and pipe and I can go the whole season. There are still a few items I want to get (aluminum arm holders, sway bars, maybe the monoblock mount) but they aren't mandatory to get racing.
Old 03-23-2005, 01:06 PM   #1782
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

I finally got around to using ebay. I set up a paypal and orderd 2 of the dragon racing mono engine mounts. And a part for my r40. I still need a servo and switch for the ld3.

What kind of hopups or tuning equitment should I get for the ld3. What springs is everyone using.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #1783
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by spenzalii
...Oh, as for shocks. I was considering swapping the Ofna units for a set of Tamiya shocks (the ultra coated ones). Would it be worth it?
The Tamiya shocks are nice, but not necessary. Before Ish left for Mugen he experimented with Assoc. pistons in the Ofna shock bodies. Most of us are running the #3's, now. I had to lightly sand down the pistons to skinny them up, but they work beautifully. Chris also suggested to me to try black Kyosho bladders...
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:46 PM   #1784
Tech Adept

Thats what I use in my Ofna shocks too...AE pistons...they work great and seal up better than the stockers

Hey Kevin is Ofna USA ever going to consider getting on the electric touring bandwagon ? HongNor's OB4 Pro2 international is still a great car and the single belt version that Robtronic is marketing looks not half bad....
Old 03-23-2005, 07:20 PM   #1785
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kevink2
The Tamiya shocks are nice, but not necessary. Before Ish left for Mugen he experimented with Assoc. pistons in the Ofna shock bodies. Most of us are running the #3's, now. I had to lightly sand down the pistons to skinny them up, but they work beautifully. Chris also suggested to me to try black Kyosho bladders...
I know about the bladders. I ran Mugen bladders last year with no problem and little deforming. I may try that AE piston trick. Why would you have to sand them down?