R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-28-2004, 12:15 PM   #1741
Tech Apprentice

YEa the OS cvr 18 was also a strong contender, one to be recond with but it wasn't in the budget. The next mill might be cvr 18 to see what the hype is 'bout, but I won't sleep on them Ive seen a few 12 in action from os. Question dose this put me into the outlaw class because of the size motor I got now?
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 12:21 PM   #1742
Tech Master

Depends on club rules but most places I would assume you are now illegal. Outlaw or Open normally allows more then 3 ports in the .12 size and maybe up to .15 size engines. But this depends on the club, they do vary so you will have to inquire.

Would be interesting how much runtime you get on a race track though
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #1743
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

The .21 needs some work because of the block and the header. An .18 is still in a small block case, so it would be a drop in (assuming the shaft if right for the clutch)

As for the OS .18, I'm getting one for next season, especially if it's run-what-you-brung....
Old 11-28-2004, 05:04 PM   #1744
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to nsxshogun

Hey was up spen. Im staring to get back on the scene with the rc cars. I just ordered a OS TR the 5 port one for the r40. I think that picco motor was just a dud.
nsxshogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:48 PM   #1745
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Arrow ld3 question?

i have an ld3 pro with some hop ups on it, its a good car but the thing is im having problems on too much torque steer and too less steering....what should i do?another is when I install gear diffs in the front,diff oil easily drained out..even in the rear aswell...any solution?we have low bite track here in the PI, any tips on how to set it up?

thanks again brudaz!
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 12:59 AM   #1746
Tech Elite

Default Re: ld3 question?

Quote:
Originally posted by bulldog
i have an ld3 pro with some hop ups on it, its a good car but the thing is im having problems on too much torque steer and too less steering....what should i do?another is when I install gear diffs in the front,diff oil easily drained out..even in the rear aswell...any solution?we have low bite track here in the PI, any tips on how to set it up?

thanks again brudaz!
Try softening the clutch engagement and make sure the car is tweaked perfectly...regarding the diff, I've had good luck by using a sparing amount of RTV or shoo goo around the edge of the diff housing before final assembly and also on the screws that hold it together. It makes it difficult to disassemble again afterwards so make sure you've got it built right before you shoo goo it all together.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:17 AM   #1747
Tech Apprentice

The rtv is a better solution since its silicon you can peel it off easier than the goo. Also im in a run what you-brung and hope you brung enough class out here. With this mill control is the key.Mucho,mucho torque. The next step is to step down on the clutch bell to a 15/19 to get a harder charge of the line. more fire
Old 11-30-2004, 08:54 AM   #1748
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Quote:
Originally posted by nsxshogun
Hey was up spen. Im staring to get back on the scene with the rc cars. I just ordered a OS TR the 5 port one for the r40. I think that picco motor was just a dud.
What up mayne! Good to see you back. The Picco may have just had bad carb. But that OS should be very nice. Is that going in the LD3 or the R40?
Old 11-30-2004, 12:58 PM   #1749
Tech Fanatic

Its gonna go into the R40. The picco will go into the ld3. A guy lives down the street from me can look at it for me. But i needed to konw do I need any special clutch parts before I start putting it together the picco is a Sg shaft?
Old 11-30-2004, 02:41 PM   #1750
Tech Master

Default Re: ld3 question?

Check your shocks are even, I use 100k silicone in rear diff that made the ass come around nice (hence more steering)

With the diff I put RTV around the crown gear + I put RTV under the countersunk screw heads then tighten. you only need a light coat so dont go crazy

Quote:
when I install gear diffs in the front,diff oil easily drained out

Last edited by au_Nightmare; 11-30-2004 at 02:49 PM.
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #1751
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default thanks

thanks for the tips guys appreciate it! waassup kevink2?how ya doin?so youre running the cd3 huh?!guys here in the pi kinda love hobao(gpx4).hope your tips will work for me aswell.

regards

bulldog
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 09:23 PM   #1752
Tech Elite

Default Re: thanks

Quote:
thanks for the tips guys appreciate it! waassup kevink2?how ya doin?so youre running the cd3 huh?!guys here in the pi kinda love hobao(gpx4).hope your tips will work for me aswell.

regards

bulldog
How's it going Bulldog!? Yeah the GPX is nice! Hope you get your car working well.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 05:51 AM   #1753
Tech Apprentice

Default Add life to dead shocks

Hey One quick question here, how do you add shock oil to the stock RTR shocks? I got some new springs and noticed that the oil had disapeared out of them. So i copped Some Shock oil y- day but can't seem to get them open. staight forward question for a straight forward answer. also PS. the manual dosen't realy explain how to!
Old 12-08-2004, 06:46 PM   #1754
Tech Fanatic

Pop the shocks off of the balls and just uncrew them.
Old 12-09-2004, 05:25 AM   #1755
Tech Apprentice

I tried that and they don't move. I don't want to end up breaking them or something.