R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-08-2004, 12:58 PM   #1591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Dunno. The design mey give better top end, and it may be more fre than the LD3. That and there will be fewer issues with the pipe. the snail pipe works, but i'm still unsure if it works better than a regular pipe.

I want one because it takes the work and price of upgrading my LD3 any further. I get my gears, swaybars, centax and graphite all in one box, like Ofna should have done with the LD3 pro (and they did with the Champ edition, but I couldn't swing the $400 it would have cost to get it in the US).
Old 07-08-2004, 02:00 PM   #1592
Tech Regular

In my case the major reason for the change would be the fact the motor is on the right side, this makes the car have the most weight on the inside of the right hand corners, since most of the faster corners are right handers (we run clockwise) favors the handling. Now if most tracks here ran counter clockwise, I'd stick to my LD3.

Another thing is the car is simply cheaper parts wise, and built well. Don't see why spend more for something you can get to runas well for less...

As for copies... how bout the fact both HPI and Carlson C&Y had the design out before Kyosho?

Not a big deal for me anyways I like the design and I like the fact most of my spares will work on both. I'll prob keep one of each

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 07:49 PM   #1593
sup
Tech Addict

i too will still be sticking with my ld3. but when the gp4 comes out (august here in our area), i think ill be leaning towards that car coz parts support for the ld3 is scarce here. will still be keeping the ld3 though for our small track (and maybe rally).
the cd3 looks good. as the factory guys are saying, an advantage of the cd3 is the pipe which uses the conventional type ones.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:41 PM   #1594
dtm
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to dtm

Quote:
Originally posted by havy
..........As for copies... how bout the fact both HPI and Carlson C&Y had the design out before Kyosho?
HPI was still an Option house with no car to its name when Kyosho was making their cars! .....you have to go a little further back than the RS4.....
dtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:59 PM   #1595
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Ofna Ultimate Pit Bag

Anyone know if they're in stock yet or when will they come out?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:15 AM   #1596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Ofna Ultimate Pit Bag

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Anyone know if they're in stock yet or when will they come out?
The bags are still out of stock...It may be a couple more weeks before we see any.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:21 AM   #1597
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks for the update. I tried emailing them and no response. I guess their swamped with email.
Old 07-09-2004, 08:03 AM   #1598
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by revzalot
Thanks for the update. I tried emailing them and no response. I guess their swamped with email.
No problem...Sorry to hear you didn't get a response.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:55 PM   #1599
Tech Adept

Hey how much pressure line do you all use on your LD3's ? I'm running the kit pipe and about 6" of line....would surging (not coming off the pipe) after a full throttle pass be a symptom of not enough pressure line you think ?

My engine is blubbering rich too so this has kinda got me scratchin my head, no apparent air leaks...added and removed head shims...changed plugs...fuel

Last edited by SteveG; 07-11-2004 at 05:01 PM.
SteveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:44 AM   #1600
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Doulbe the length of my fuel line...

Question: Does the type of pipe you have cause the engine to run leaner or richer? I swapped pipes before the race without touching the needles and burned up 3 O'donnel plugs. Went back to the old pipe, no problems.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #1601
Tech Adept

Yea a pipe change will slap your needle settings most times...

So I tried a longer pressure line last night and it made my problem worse I think I might try relocating the pressure nipple to a new location....where's my JB Weld
Old 07-12-2004, 02:10 PM   #1602
Tech Apprentice

Default Chewed up spur gear

Had the car out at the track yesterday, I was dialing in the car before I started to race. On a few laps the car started getting slower & slower ?? Adjusted the needle settings thinjing it was a feul problem, took it back to the line getting ready to start and it just stays there man.The car was reving like it was in neutral and crawling real slow. Took the shell of and saw the spur chewed down. The engine mounts are tight locked those down w/ lock tight night before. Any ideas as to what could of caused this?? It was the 42 tooth spur. I got a next one just don't want to put it in and it dose it again
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:38 PM   #1603
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You probably had the clutchbell and the spur too far apart. If they barely touch when the car is not on, then when it is on the gears will not mesh b/c they are moving fast and are wearing so they become further apart. When the clutchbell and spur don't touch, then you got a no-go. Have you checked your clutches lately? They might be gone too.
macnkitty2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:49 PM   #1604
Tech Adept

melted my 42 tooth yesterday also
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:54 PM   #1605
Tech Adept

Keep an eye on the 2 speed tranny's oneway bearing...if it blows and locks up you'll rip a spur gear up real quick.