R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-20-2004, 06:30 AM   #1501
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by C Verano
Not to sure about the "real manufacturer" but I know it's a great box. Compact, light, and powerfull.
where can i get one and how much?
Old 06-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #1502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Team-RTR
where can i get one and how much?

The box should be available soon through all the normal OFNA dealers such as www.nitrohouse.com and www.ace-hobbies.com.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:58 AM   #1503
Tech Apprentice

YEa man the car was running perfect untill one day it had a date with a wall. The car had just shifted into second and the corner just came to fast for me next thing SMACKK. Bent the front cva, Rear dogbones, and pushed in the pipe, so i smacked it real good. After all of that and the car stayed running wich was very amazing I didn't knoe the extent of the damage untill I got home and checked it out. But like I said I checked the 2 speed ttras. twice already and everything seems in order it just hasen't shifted in over a month now. ANY IDEAS ?
Blaze1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:01 PM   #1504
Tech Adept

Monday rant ...

I raced my LD3 Pro yesterday and again failed to complete a race. This was my third weekend out with my new LD3 and EVERY heat something has broken.

Week 1: 1st heat - rear-most hinge pin holder; 2nd heat - T-boned by a rookie, the engine mounts moved and I stripped the spurs, no Main since I didn't have a new set of spur gears on hand.

Week 2: 1st heat - left rear upper A-arm broke; 2nd heat - the front Rear hinge pin holder breaks - Again no Main

Week 3: Practice - lft front lower pillow ball breaks; 1st heat - same as 2nd heat week 2 except the hinge pin/a-arm only popped out instead of breaking; 2nd heat - another Lft front lower pillow ball, as I'm driving it around to take it off the track the part on the carb barrell that the throttle linkage ball link hooks to came off and my car went WOT into the retaining wall ... the set screw holding it on came loose.

I can honestly claim some credit for the breakage, I tend to find the limits of my car by exceeding them. Even so, I ran it no harder than I did my trusty OB4 Pro for two seasons with none of these issues. Did I get a lemon? Did I get an early version of the NTC3 in an Ofna wrapper - this kind of problem is what I heard bad stories about with the early NTC3's?

I'm pretty discouraged with my LD3 Pro ... did you guys go through this in getting the car dialed initially? Anybody else run into a problem car like this? Most of the hits haven't been "that" hard, it seems like I look at this thing cross-eyed and something breaks.

Crud!!
Luckyman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #1505
Tech Adept

Sorry to hear of your frustrations but honestly those things happen and it sounds to me like you need to start stocking spare parts
IDrinkNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:42 PM   #1506
Tech Apprentice

I had the same cruddy feelings about my LD3 when I first got it, that was because I didn't know any better. Now I try not to smack it around as much but my parts wasn't going out llike that. Yesterday I ran the car straight into my truck rear wheel split the front of the body (shell) and thats it nothing got dammaged foam bumper to it all like a champ.. Maybe you need to check all of your screws before you go out and race it'll help you out a whole lot .......
My moto rock'em till the wheels fall off
Old 06-21-2004, 02:55 PM   #1507
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Luckyman4
Monday rant ...

I raced my LD3 Pro yesterday and again failed to complete a race. This was my third weekend out with my new LD3 and EVERY heat something has broken.

Week 1: 1st heat - rear-most hinge pin holder; 2nd heat - T-boned by a rookie, the engine mounts moved and I stripped the spurs, no Main since I didn't have a new set of spur gears on hand.

Week 2: 1st heat - left rear upper A-arm broke; 2nd heat - the front Rear hinge pin holder breaks - Again no Main

Week 3: Practice - lft front lower pillow ball breaks; 1st heat - same as 2nd heat week 2 except the hinge pin/a-arm only popped out instead of breaking; 2nd heat - another Lft front lower pillow ball, as I'm driving it around to take it off the track the part on the carb barrell that the throttle linkage ball link hooks to came off and my car went WOT into the retaining wall ... the set screw holding it on came loose.

I can honestly claim some credit for the breakage, I tend to find the limits of my car by exceeding them. Even so, I ran it no harder than I did my trusty OB4 Pro for two seasons with none of these issues. Did I get a lemon? Did I get an early version of the NTC3 in an Ofna wrapper - this kind of problem is what I heard bad stories about with the early NTC3's?

I'm pretty discouraged with my LD3 Pro ... did you guys go through this in getting the car dialed initially? Anybody else run into a problem car like this? Most of the hits haven't been "that" hard, it seems like I look at this thing cross-eyed and something breaks.

Crud!!
Sorry to hear about your problems. I highly recommend the aluminum hinge pin carriers. I think it's a weak point on the car, so the hop-up part will help with your durability issue.
kevink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 06:05 PM   #1508
Tech Master

Quote:
Get the alloy lower arm holders, they are great. RE: engine, get some good tools and to the screws up tighter! Ive broken a crank from hitting a fence fence (engine took the full hit) and the engine did not move (the chassis did but! hahaha)

Quote:
I got no idea how your busting the upper arms, in almost 12months racing (and seeing a lot of air at times) I have not broken one.

RE: holders - again, get the alloy, best $14 (x2 for front/rear) you will spend

Quote:
Week 3: Practice - lft front lower pillow ball breaks; 1st heat - same as 2nd heat week 2 except the hinge pin/a-arm only popped out instead of breaking; 2nd heat - another Lft front lower pillow ball, as I'm driving it around to take it off the track the part on the carb barrell that the throttle linkage ball link hooks to came off and my car went WOT into the retaining wall ... the set screw holding it on came loose.[/B]
Man ur having some bad luck, I don't know about a lemon, sounds more like u got a cursed LD3 !! lol
Ive had some BIG hits and thought the LD3 was built like a TANK..
BTW - Alloy sway bar holders will also help increase lower arm strength, not that you have broke one?

Regards
Stephen
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 07:46 PM   #1509
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

Ouch. I agree you probably just had a string of bad fortune with your ride. While I have broken almost all the parts you mentioned, never at the rate you did (No pivot balls, and rear upper arms? Front, yes. Rear, never). I don't believe it is indicative of the LD3, ad the general consensus is the car is quite solid, but for a few items (lower arm holders, diff screws).

While it has been said and you may think we're picking on you, it is a good idea to stock up on spares. When my track had their championship race last year, my spare parts bin was the only thing that kept me alive the first day, as every qualifyer I ended up breaking something. Order up a set of upper and lower arms, front and rear knockles and you should be set.

Blaze, still no clue on the tranny, although I can't see how it would be locked in 2nd gear. What engine are you using? It may sound really stupid, but if it is a newer engine and it's not fully broken in, it will not get up to the RPM needed to shift. While I doubt that's it, I'm drawing blanks...
Old 06-21-2004, 09:09 PM   #1510
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rpmmaxxed

It seems as though the LD3 is a copy of a NTC3, Will the radio tray from a ld3 fit a tc3?
rpmmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 09:26 PM   #1511
sup
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by rpmmaxxed
It seems as though the LD3 is a copy of a NTC3, Will the radio tray from a ld3 fit a tc3?
nope.
sup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #1512
Tech Apprentice

Naw no new mill yet , still useing the stock force 12 just leaning the heck out.Wife keeps tapping the fantom funds. So i'm trying to blow this one to get the next level going. I'll make some adjustment to the trans screws later today and see what happens. Also is clutch bell housing suppose to have any play in it ? mines has a little 1/16 '' play could this be it . The gears are not being chewed up or anything like that just a lil' wiggle.. thanks for the replys .....Blaze out......1
Old 06-22-2004, 02:40 PM   #1513
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to spenzalii

should be about a 'tick' of play on the clutch bell. As long as the mesh is good, you shouldn't strip the gear.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:13 PM   #1514
Tech Regular

Default Alu servo saver question

finnally got the Alu servo saver....

Don't quit understand how it goes together though... any manual or tips? Can't believe I don't understand this. He he, my car has been practically a RTR w/ an STS motor running w/ Mugens and Serpents in the A & B mains

havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:04 PM   #1515
Tech Master

My STS D5 goes pretty hard I like it alot..
au_Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote