R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2008, 08:12 AM   #61
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,843
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMD View Post
Yes, you're right. I'm the bad guy for trying to help new people. Maybe I should bash them like your buddy does. On second thought, I'd rather help someone new than win a race but that's just me. Hate me if you want, that's your choice. Talk to anyone that knows me though and i'm sure they'll tell you that I help more than I race. Is that a bad thing?
LOL Hes not my budy, and I disagree with him, read the thread. Just state your opinion and argue, just dont start $hit.

rccartips, if you dont let faster drivers pass, they're going to end up pushing you out of the way.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 08:50 AM   #62
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

quote from a famous pit crew chief of Cole Trickle "Hit The Pace Car Because You Hit Everything Out There I Want you To Be Perfect!"
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM   #63
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
please don't tell us any stories about marrying your sister or cousin



Just callin' 'em like I see 'em.



This was never about slammer slower cars, you really should have read the entire thread and caught hold of the tone of things and how they changed.

They changed simply with one poster....vvvvvvvv



And this was just plain dumb.............................................. .
LOL...... here we go again, another tony06
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:27 AM   #64
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Here's my take on it, take it for what you will, after reading all the posts and seeing very different views and opinions.

Every facility and their (sp) respective drivers have different ways of doing things based on the enviroment they are in or "exceptable" practices at that facility. For some new to a facility it can either be a pleasant surprise how nice and smooth things are, or a shock as to how the day went.

I have been to one facility to race where it was excepted by the race director and track owner/operator for drivers to throw out F bombs at will to the marshals who could not get to a 1/8 scale truggy fast enough because of the ballistic driving in a tough section of the track.

I have been to another were the Race Director/Owner makes it known that inappropriate behavior/actions will and are dealt with swiftly and justly, to the point of inviting drivers to not return.

Faster cars should be let by in the heats without question, we are racing the clock, not each other. That's the RD's job, to let the slower car know,IMHO, but they have to do it in a safe place on the track as not to cause a major wreck. Newer drivers have a hard time with this, they are new to the whole experience and make questionable decisions. Help them, talk to them calmly on the stand and compliment them when they do good things. Let them know which side you are going to pass them on so they don't turn into you. Offer them advice on how to hold a line, or when and where to duck out of the way.

Well chosen words of advice from the fast guys go a long way for us newbies and slow guys.

Mains should be heads up, but at the same time, somebody is always going to be faster, and somebody is always going to be a backmarker. I participated in a main that I had no business being in,27T v 13.5's, with some of the best in the area. Looked to my right and said to that particular driver, "well if you only go by me 8 times I am doing good", looked to the other and said ' I hope I can hold on for 6". We all laughed, but I recognized before the tone I was in over my head. Ran more laps than I ever had on that day, with that layout, and managed to safely stay out of the way.

Someone new is trying to concentrate on so many things at once, especially the kids running with us kids stuck in adult bodies.

IMHO, the enviroment we race in has a lot to do with how we race and conduct ourselves, whether on the stand, in the pits or on the track.

Have a great day guys, anyone here going to Vegas?
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:45 AM   #65
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
IMHO, the enviroment we race in has a lot to do with how we race and conduct ourselves, whether on the stand, in the pits or on the track.
You made some good points ercwhtsd, and one great one ^^^

The deal is that the only reason I weighed in at all, was when someone suggested something in which they suggested (in premise) to ignore faster drivers and not be courteous.

I then went on to explain the ramifications of those actions, and just how horrific an attitude I thought it was to take, and got jumped on for saying what I did. And why? Because somehow folks read between the lines and suggested I was being discourteous or unfriendly to newbies - which wasn't the case at all. What I was suggesting was the simple fact that what goes around comes around.
Yet the simple fact remains that for whatever reason people think that paying an entry fee gives them God-given rights, or should, and that regardless of their behavior or attitudes they should be given royal treatment - and sorry, but that doesn't work in real life or the race track.

In no way did I suggest mistreating or blowing off the newbies, I've probably given out more free parts to new guys than most of you combined, but what I was trying to point out that what you dish out often comes back to haunt you - and thus by not moving over for someone barreling down your neck, or potentially crashing them or just holding them up, they're going to remember it the next time and not be so gentle when moving your out of their way.

Courtesy - whether it be in every day life, on DBs, or on the race track - is a two-way street. You've gotta give some if you plan on expecting some.
RocketRob40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:53 AM   #66
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Here is my little story...... It was 3 years ago at tamiya mini cooper race, and I had no ethic.

I was racing with opponent. My opponent was leading in front of me, while I was chasing him so badly for his 2nd position. At one time the opponent made mistake when entering tight corner......, he clipped the apex, and due to my car was very close to him...... I banged him on the door side. So both cars were involved in accident. Here is the stupid thing...... As the turn marshall put our cars back on track, my opponent was still waiting on me and suddenly he saw me took off ........ my friends who watched this laugh seeing me took off. Anyway...... now I know, I should let him took off first
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #67
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Winthrop harbor
Posts: 2,293
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post

In no way did I suggest mistreating or blowing off the newbies

Hope I did not imply that of your comments, not my intention and I apologize if it seemed that way

Courtesy - whether it be in every day life, on DBs, or on the race track - is a two-way street. You've gotta give some if you plan on expecting some.

+1
__________________
Team Novak,Gravity RC,
ercwhtsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:24 AM   #68
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North Hollywood
Posts: 355
Default

a good way to solve this problem is to put newbies and pros in different heats... that way nobody gets in anyones way...
__________________
Team-Shepherd // XS Power // IDM Engines // TKO Bearings // Airtronics
00VIP001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:45 AM   #69
moy
Tech Master
 
moy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 818's
Posts: 1,043
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hers some dont's:

do not run your car the opposite way.
do not stop for fuel/adjusting your radio outside the pitlane.
dont turn you radio on,until its your turn to race.
dont drive like theres no tomorrow.

do's:

always listen to the anouncer.
drive clean.
while exiting the pit,exit cautiously.
moy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 AM   #70
Tech Elite
 
speedybill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Belpre, Ohio
Posts: 2,346
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Wink

As a small LHS owner I hear almost every 'newbie' exclaim, "I don't want to race till I get better, I don't want to hit anyone & p#$$ them off"

Here at our track [OVRCCC} we have 3 classes of 'stock touring, everyone races w/racers of the same or close ability, newbies learn by racin other newbies, the faster guys here go out of their way to help these newbies with setup, driving tips, and sometimes even coaching from the pits, this provides a positive atmosphere for these new guyz to continue to race, heck even some get better, [cept P-Nut & DC!LOL!] more than likely these newbies will continue to race, get better w/driving/setup ect and pass their knowledge to others,
Continue the sport, we stress here
HAVE FUN!!!

thatz my .02 worth
Speedy
__________________
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
speedybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:04 PM   #71
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Treat your race friends the same was you would treat yourself. In other words, be nice to others as they will be nice to you. And of course, have fun; even though if it feels like work.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #72
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
Here's my take on it, take it for what you will, after reading all the posts and seeing very different views and opinions.

Every facility and their (sp) respective drivers have different ways of doing things based on the enviroment they are in or "exceptable" practices at that facility. For some new to a facility it can either be a pleasant surprise how nice and smooth things are, or a shock as to how the day went.

I have been to one facility to race where it was excepted by the race director and track owner/operator for drivers to throw out F bombs at will to the marshals who could not get to a 1/8 scale truggy fast enough because of the ballistic driving in a tough section of the track.

I have been to another were the Race Director/Owner makes it known that inappropriate behavior/actions will and are dealt with swiftly and justly, to the point of inviting drivers to not return.

Faster cars should be let by in the heats without question, we are racing the clock, not each other. That's the RD's job, to let the slower car know,IMHO, but they have to do it in a safe place on the track as not to cause a major wreck. Newer drivers have a hard time with this, they are new to the whole experience and make questionable decisions. Help them, talk to them calmly on the stand and compliment them when they do good things. Let them know which side you are going to pass them on so they don't turn into you. Offer them advice on how to hold a line, or when and where to duck out of the way.

Well chosen words of advice from the fast guys go a long way for us newbies and slow guys.

Mains should be heads up, but at the same time, somebody is always going to be faster, and somebody is always going to be a backmarker. I participated in a main that I had no business being in,27T v 13.5's, with some of the best in the area. Looked to my right and said to that particular driver, "well if you only go by me 8 times I am doing good", looked to the other and said ' I hope I can hold on for 6". We all laughed, but I recognized before the tone I was in over my head. Ran more laps than I ever had on that day, with that layout, and managed to safely stay out of the way.

Someone new is trying to concentrate on so many things at once, especially the kids running with us kids stuck in adult bodies.

IMHO, the enviroment we race in has a lot to do with how we race and conduct ourselves, whether on the stand, in the pits or on the track.

Have a great day guys, anyone here going to Vegas?
Well said.
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 04:22 PM   #73
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: the other end of the driver's stand
Posts: 469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ercwhtsd View Post
Here's my take on it, take it for what you will, after reading all the posts and seeing very different views and opinions.

Every facility and their (sp) respective drivers have different ways of doing things based on the enviroment they are in or "exceptable" practices at that facility. For some new to a facility it can either be a pleasant surprise how nice and smooth things are, or a shock as to how the day went.

I have been to one facility to race where it was excepted by the race director and track owner/operator for drivers to throw out F bombs at will to the marshals who could not get to a 1/8 scale truggy fast enough because of the ballistic driving in a tough section of the track.

I have been to another were the Race Director/Owner makes it known that inappropriate behavior/actions will and are dealt with swiftly and justly, to the point of inviting drivers to not return.

Faster cars should be let by in the heats without question, we are racing the clock, not each other. That's the RD's job, to let the slower car know,IMHO, but they have to do it in a safe place on the track as not to cause a major wreck. Newer drivers have a hard time with this, they are new to the whole experience and make questionable decisions. Help them, talk to them calmly on the stand and compliment them when they do good things. Let them know which side you are going to pass them on so they don't turn into you. Offer them advice on how to hold a line, or when and where to duck out of the way.

Well chosen words of advice from the fast guys go a long way for us newbies and slow guys.

Mains should be heads up, but at the same time, somebody is always going to be faster, and somebody is always going to be a backmarker. I participated in a main that I had no business being in,27T v 13.5's, with some of the best in the area. Looked to my right and said to that particular driver, "well if you only go by me 8 times I am doing good", looked to the other and said ' I hope I can hold on for 6". We all laughed, but I recognized before the tone I was in over my head. Ran more laps than I ever had on that day, with that layout, and managed to safely stay out of the way.

Someone new is trying to concentrate on so many things at once, especially the kids running with us kids stuck in adult bodies.

IMHO, the enviroment we race in has a lot to do with how we race and conduct ourselves, whether on the stand, in the pits or on the track.

Have a great day guys, anyone here going to Vegas?
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketRob40 View Post
You made some good points ercwhtsd, and one great one ^^^

The deal is that the only reason I weighed in at all, was when someone suggested something in which they suggested (in premise) to ignore faster drivers and not be courteous.

I then went on to explain the ramifications of those actions, and just how horrific an attitude I thought it was to take, and got jumped on for saying what I did. And why? Because somehow folks read between the lines and suggested I was being discourteous or unfriendly to newbies - which wasn't the case at all. What I was suggesting was the simple fact that what goes around comes around.
Yet the simple fact remains that for whatever reason people think that paying an entry fee gives them God-given rights, or should, and that regardless of their behavior or attitudes they should be given royal treatment - and sorry, but that doesn't work in real life or the race track.

In no way did I suggest mistreating or blowing off the newbies, I've probably given out more free parts to new guys than most of you combined, but what I was trying to point out that what you dish out often comes back to haunt you - and thus by not moving over for someone barreling down your neck, or potentially crashing them or just holding them up, they're going to remember it the next time and not be so gentle when moving your out of their way.

Courtesy - whether it be in every day life, on DBs, or on the race track - is a two-way street. You've gotta give some if you plan on expecting some.
+1
oldschoolracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bullit Hex Drivers-OFNA Hex Drivers-GS Racing Bag glock19er R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 05-28-2008 10:05 PM
COBRA RACING LOOKING FOR A,B,C MAIN DRIVERS AND LOCAL CLUB DRIVERS COBRARACING Nitro Off-Road 259 04-18-2008 07:25 AM
Racing Ethics Steve Weiss Racing Forum 184 01-13-2008 06:37 AM
Top Racing looking for sedan drivers 1/8 racer Electric On-Road 0 06-15-2007 09:41 AM
Racing,Track & Running Ethics ozone Singapore R/C Racers 19 03-11-2003 04:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:15 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net