R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   drivers ethics while racing.... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/228063-drivers-ethics-while-racing.html)

nitrodude 06-23-2008 08:59 PM

Just, dont suck.:D
GLITCH!!!

Francis M. 06-23-2008 09:03 PM

When you are getting lapped for the 4th or 5th time in a main pull it in and tell your pitman to lean it out!!!!!!!!! Leaning it out fixes everything....

nitrodude 06-23-2008 09:05 PM

Yeah, what Francis said. Then after your engine blows you have an excuse as to why you were slow. "Man, that engines sucked major butt":D

Zac Project 06-23-2008 10:09 PM

There are alot of racers that are racing expert; that are suppose to be racing in the sportsmen class. They should develope a system where you have to win 5 races in sportsman, in order to jump up to expert. I know alot of guys in sportsman that just switch over to expert just because they think they can hang with the expert guys. These guys end up becoming backmarkers and also taking out alot of the fast guys.

V for Victory 06-23-2008 10:19 PM

I got one....be considerate to new racers! We were all like that once and try to take your time to help them out. If someone hits you, stay cool cuz stuff like that happens, just try not to make it a habit. Were all out there for fun so keep the atmosphere that way!:D

mcsquish 06-24-2008 04:27 AM

+1

Also if you let someone get by, don't take them out in the next corner.......unless that's why you let them go, I guess:sneaky:

Francis M. 06-24-2008 06:58 AM

No video game passes..... Anybody that played Gran Turismo knows what I'm talking about...lol

Roelof 06-24-2008 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley (Post 4568062)
About the fast guys telling you off if you hit them, that is completely unprofessional and it was their fault for letting you hit them in most cases. The faster drivers are faster for a reason, that reason is control.

The faster guys with such an attitude seems to have forgotten that their selft were once a beginner with the same problems.....

shadow102 06-24-2008 07:02 AM

Here is a good one....qualifying heats are NOT races

maskedrider 06-24-2008 07:32 AM

dont eat gum while on middle of heat or main race...

cos you might swallow it when your car being hit or fly off when u loss control out of the mist sudden :D

gashuffer 06-24-2008 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by V for Victory (Post 4569794)
I got one....be considerate to new racers! We were all like that once and try to take your time to help them out. If someone hits you, stay cool cuz stuff like that happens, just try not to make it a habit. Were all out there for fun so keep the atmosphere that way!:D

Stop defending yourself VVVVVV!!:lol:

gashuffer 06-24-2008 08:13 AM

If your in second place not to far behind the leader and standing next to him, on the second to last lap slowly start to wave your antenna in front of him but don't make it obvious. That always does the trick.

V for Victory 06-24-2008 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by gashuffer (Post 4570956)
Stop defending yourself VVVVVV!!:lol:

:sweat:HAHAHA im trying to stop!!! :lol:

RocketRob40 06-24-2008 10:17 PM

don't eat beans or burritos the night before a race day

rccartips 06-25-2008 06:26 AM

just my own thoughts, newbies ignore faster drivers. race fee is same for everyone, you deserve to run without worrying about anything else.

faster drivers, learn to overtake newbies, else might find races to be 3 - 4 people per heat as newbies will quit. racing is about racing, not about moving over for 30 minutes letting faster drivers pass.

maybe getting rid of the "lapping" rule/etiquette will encourage slower drivers to keep racing cauze after a while it gets boring worrying about letting faster drivers pass. its exciting for the newbies as they can experience real racing defending their position even if they are being lapped. for faster drivers, it can be practise to improve their overtaking skills and increase racing battles in the heat.