Community
Wiki Posts
Search

looking for the cheapest engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by 92tsiawd84
sorry to get off topic a little but I have the HPI .15 FE motor in my car. Does that mean mine can go 50 mph?
well with a 2 speed and propper gearing you could probably go 50 but compared to all the engines out there the .15FE is a overweight slow piece of shit engine.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:07 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by corvettecrazy
well with a 2 speed and propper gearing you could probably go 50 but compared to all the engines out there the .15FE is a overweight slow piece of shit engine.
what a way to rub it in
Old 08-14-2003, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

hey I run the same engine but in a MT so I can talk all the crap I want about it because it all comes back on me but in my current mood i dont care

but if you are looking for a cheap engine it sure as heck qualifies!!!!
Old 08-15-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by 92tsiawd84
sorry to get off topic a little but I have the HPI .15 FE motor in my car. Does that mean mine can go 50 mph?
I am not sure about .15 FE, I never play with that thing, just tortured it by experimenting with different oils. Tamia and Fantom (which made absolutly the same way ) go by 50 MPH. I belive if make neccesary mods and tune the car it might goes. Try to make 162 exhaust and 122 transfer with original induction and check, I think it will be much faster then you have now. But remember .15 FE is crap engine and spend time on it just doesn't worthe it. Get OS .15-very relible and easy to work with, also the carb is two needles (.15 FE carb is sucks!!!!!!!!!).