Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 12:25 PM   #106
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Manticore
you said it twice !
I'm out... my bit of a joke. can't stop complaining.

I'm out.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:26 PM   #107
Tech Fanatic

It sounds to me like someone cross threaded the screw and then it became tight and once in the guide someone else used a 3/4 drive air gun to tighten it and then the guide gave!!!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:29 PM   #108
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to SuperMugen

Quote:
i think he will send the whole mugen kit to Ass o for a replacement !
But before he sends it back he will race it this weekend and then afterwords beat it with a hammer, send it back and leave a note saying "this is the way it looked when I opened the box."
Old 08-20-2003, 12:30 PM   #109
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by SuperMugen
But before he sends it back he will race it this weekend and then afterwords beat it with a hammer, send it back and leave a note saying "this is the way it looked when I opened the box."
likely !

by the way, robbie still hasnt tell who is his boss !
Old 08-20-2003, 12:31 PM   #110
Tech Adept

I want to try and offer a solution.

Since shipping it back to Mugen would probably cost as much as buying a new part....

Since you need the part to race soon....

Pull the nut off, slap a washer under it so it doesn't sink into the plastic more and reassemble. Now you can run it and just buy a new one to replace it.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:32 PM   #111
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Manbik
I want to try and offer a solution.

Since shipping it back to Mugen would probably cost as much as buying a new part....

Pull the nut off, slap a washer under it so it doesn't sink into the plastic more and reassemble. Now you can run it and just buy a new one to replace it.
he cannot send in that washer for a claim, it is not in the kit !!
Old 08-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #112
Tech Adept

bah, Evo give it up dude .... perhaps you like to use air guns on your nuts? You seem to have a thing with using air drivers on them ...

FUnny since you can't even fit a bit over the nut unless you cut the plastic away

Anyways

I'm out of here ... time to go check for more steps in the manual which show the parts backwards to their actual relative positions Guess I'll have to go call Japan and ask the designer(s) what they were smoking.

Perhaps a rush job to get the kit out ... who knows; obviously a foresight .. just like the bending ackerman plates that even the Mugen drivers experience from normal operation. Not to mention the sloppy arms, unless you go out and buy some shims for it, either that or insert the plastic lower bushing backwards from what the instructions say to get rid of the slop.

I thought I was buying a Mugen? Not a Traxxas product.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:34 PM   #113
Tech Apprentice

Yea Robbie, who's your sugar daddy? chorner wants to know! j/k
Old 08-20-2003, 12:36 PM   #114
Tech Adept

Manbik ...

"I want to try and offer a solution.

Pull the nut off, slap a washer under it so it doesn't sink into the plastic more and reassemble. Now you can run it and just buy a new one to replace it."

That is exactly my point.

I have to PAY either way for a replacement part which should have been fine to begin with.

This is why I am upset after just purchasing the kit; paying for shipping and customs fees.

So I mays well just go and buy myself a new side guard .. lucky me!

This is why Associated just sends you the part
Old 08-20-2003, 12:39 PM   #115
Tech Master

I'm sorry, but now you're complaining for the price of a washer? All racers have plenty of spare washers, and with as many cars as you have, I would hope you do. Modification are often necessary on many vehicles. If you don't want to do them... stick to Associated, Losi and Tamiya.

EDIT: oh yeah, I'm out.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #116
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
he cannot send in that washer for a claim, it is not in the kit !!
No,the problem is that the washer will make a mark on the plastic which will then make his claim void!

The way he described how he tightened them is what i think and i could be wrong created the problem.I always push the screw through on those type of jobs and make sure the screw has started in the nut and then push it down into the guide and tighten.I noticed that the nut at times go on crooked and it will cross thread and tighten very quickly and then the first thing that will give is the guide cause it is plastic,where as if it was metal then the screw would strip!

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 08-20-2003 at 11:17 PM.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:40 PM   #117
Tech Apprentice

Since Mugen seems to be so lucky in getting dumb dumbs like you, if they had to replace parts free of charge for so called "defective parts", they probably would be out of business like Robbie said.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:45 PM   #118
Tech Adept

I'm sure Robbie didn't make Mugen's return / replacement policy. You have every right not to agree with it but it's still their policy that the employees must follow.

Mugen offered you a valid and reasonable solution. It's your choice now to determine the value of the part in comparison to time lost from racing, shipping and handling etc.
Old 08-20-2003, 12:46 PM   #119
Tech Adept

Dude, you morons just DO NOT get the point do you?

Common sense does lack around here ... I know that for a fact.

I'm not complaining about a messly $10 man -I still have to pay for gas to get to the store, buy the parts tree .. and come back-.

The point here ... is why should I have to pay for a defective part, when it was not my error, or 'abuse' of the product which caused the problem in the first place?

Look at it from my point .. I just spent over $1200US for everything I need to get racing. Its alot of money for a hobby; but worth it -usually- ... but regardless, after spending that much money in one shot this past week what makes you think I want to spend another $10 AND wait another week or more for a stupid plastic sideguard when I've saved up for this kit for the past 2 paycheques?

Its not only a slap in the face, and a huge length of time wasted over a STUPID plastic guard, its also VERY frustrating to know that the company you just bought from now TWICE has screwed me over with a single fualty part in two kits?

You have to understand, I've been through this bullshit already with the crap bearing they gave me in my MTX3.

Bad luck or what!?? Somebody trying to tell me to stop playing with little toy cars and go find a new hobby perhaps? Who knows ...

but I sure as heck don't see a need to spend another $10 for nothing right now.

again, let me say it ... BULL SHIT

Thank you, good day -cough-
Old 08-20-2003, 12:51 PM   #120
Tech Adept

Manbik/Jason

I know, and do agree Robbie or any of the tech guys at Mugen Racing are not responsible for the policy.

The whole reason this thread was started in the first place -before I started building my MBX5- was due to this very same problem.

Very poor support unless you happen to be lucky, and know one of the Mugen employees personally, or know somebody in turn who knows an employee.

Thats terrible that a company can't even send out a plastic side guard. Again I state, Associated has no problem ... perhaps thats why they sell so many kits, and parts support is so great??

Its a possibility.

Anyways, here goes another bit of my time and money ... yay! Oh well, live and learn.

My next buggy will be a Kyosho Atleast I have support around here for Kyosho.

I cannot even order Mugen parts ANYWHERE in the Toronto area. I'll have to order the part, AND pay for shipping from the US. Either that, or still .. pay shipping to Mugen Racing.

Lovely support boys!
Closed Thread