R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 12:36 PM   #46
Tech Apprentice

I called Mugen few times and I believe their customer serivce is excellent. Especially Robbie, he been helping me so many times. So when ever people have questions, I believe Mugen are happy to solve it.

BTW, Robbie, you still have the fully hop up MSX3 that I saw in speedline. I miss that car.

Quote:
Originally posted by ROBBIE C
As for the e-mail thing you are wright we get a hundred e-mails in a day some attached with a virus, along with our normal work load sorry they can't all be answerd.
If anyone has any question regarding Mugen produuct as I staded before on this thread give me a call I'll be more than happy to help. (949-707-5607)

I will only reply to what happend once.

Some people are to rude and out of contoll, you can beleive what you want all can say is some people will say or do what ever it takes to get what they want, this is nothing new for it happens all the time.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:16 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to hicheef
Red face

This whole thing has been stoooopid!!!
Old 08-14-2003, 01:56 PM   #48
Tech Adept

I agree .... it was my fault for starting the thread though; I take the blame.

Lets end this, I didn't intend for it to be an arguement between hellion and the rest of the gang -myself included-, I just wanted to state my experience more than anything, as I saw how much Hellion was being bashed whilst sharing his experience -however truthful I do not know- but I hate when I see that happen; honestly I don't think he went at it in the right direction -maybe not capable of doing so? hehe- but again, he had a very small ounce of credibility with his complaints, that I myself had experienced.

I do however feel, that posting your bad experience with a company will ALWAYS stirr up atleast a brew; only because 1) some people are VERY brand loyal; almost like defending your country to death 2) people cannot seem to have a civil conversation without letting a 'war' begin. and 3) some people are afraid to speak the truth for fear of acceptance; so they all gang up against the 'odd man out'

Face it, there have been problems with support; and not just from Mugen. Alot of companies need to work up a better customer relation repore. Ever tried to cancel your Sprint cellular phone account?? After an hour being on hold, I think you might have something to complain about as well.

Same deal; so why is it such a big hassle talking about user experience with RC equipment? It shouldn't be. Out of a certain amount of people, you will have a) lesser intelligence b) an actual problem with the product -especially with molded plastics, and parts outsourced from other manufacturers (ie. bearings)- c) some that have all of the above

I guess its only the more intelligent of the crew who can discuss these matters without turning it into a flame war; seems to be there are not many of those in this thread Either way, I was happy Kris actually had the time to come on the forums and put his word in, impressive

I still have yet to receive response to my problems -via Mugen support- with the bellcrank bearing I had received with the kit Alas, it has been fixed long ago regardless -at my cost- so Its not a problem anymore however. All good, no sweat although why should I pay again for something that was new and should have been fine to begin with? Anyways ... I shall shuddup! haha
Old 08-14-2003, 02:02 PM   #49
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, every company has customer service horror stories....

Hey, I work for Sprint PCS...you think Mugen is bad with customer support

Old 08-14-2003, 05:00 PM   #50
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally posted by rdlken
I called Mugen few times and I believe their customer serivce is excellent. Especially Robbie, he been helping me so many times. So when ever people have questions, I believe Mugen are happy to solve it.

BTW, Robbie, you still have the fully hop up MSX3 that I saw in speedline. I miss that car.
I gave it to a friend he race it for a couple of months then retired the car.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:08 PM   #51
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by chorner
I agree .... it was my fault for starting the thread though; I take the blame.

Lets end this, I didn't intend for it to be an arguement between hellion and the rest of the gang -myself included-, I just wanted to state my experience more than anything, as I saw how much Hellion was being bashed whilst sharing his experience -however truthful I do not know- but I hate when I see that happen; honestly I don't think he went at it in the right direction -maybe not capable of doing so? hehe- but again, he had a very small ounce of credibility with his complaints, that I myself had experienced.

I do however feel, that posting your bad experience with a company will ALWAYS stirr up atleast a brew; only because 1) some people are VERY brand loyal; almost like defending your country to death 2) people cannot seem to have a civil conversation without letting a 'war' begin. and 3) some people are afraid to speak the truth for fear of acceptance; so they all gang up against the 'odd man out'

Face it, there have been problems with support; and not just from Mugen. Alot of companies need to work up a better customer relation repore. Ever tried to cancel your Sprint cellular phone account?? After an hour being on hold, I think you might have something to complain about as well.

Same deal; so why is it such a big hassle talking about user experience with RC equipment? It shouldn't be. Out of a certain amount of people, you will have a) lesser intelligence b) an actual problem with the product -especially with molded plastics, and parts outsourced from other manufacturers (ie. bearings)- c) some that have all of the above

I guess its only the more intelligent of the crew who can discuss these matters without turning it into a flame war; seems to be there are not many of those in this thread Either way, I was happy Kris actually had the time to come on the forums and put his word in, impressive

I still have yet to receive response to my problems -via Mugen support- with the bellcrank bearing I had received with the kit Alas, it has been fixed long ago regardless -at my cost- so Its not a problem anymore however. All good, no sweat although why should I pay again for something that was new and should have been fine to begin with? Anyways ... I shall shuddup! haha
Hello Chroner give me a call I think when your e-mail is'nt answered after after a few days try calling if there is a problem with long disstance, call give me your phone number and I will call you back.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:32 AM   #52
Tech Adept

Robbie C, thats awesome you would do that -calling back due to long distance fees- I shall keep that in mind if I any problems arise with the MBX5.

Darn, it should be here today .. except there's been a huge power outage since 4pm yesterday (Thursday) and just came back on like an hour ago here (Friday, 1:30pm) ... guess no mail for today!
Old 08-15-2003, 11:56 AM   #53
Tech Master

Quote:
Robbie C, thats awesome you would do that -calling back due to long distance fees- I shall keep that in mind if I any problems arise with the MBX5.

Darn, it should be here today .. except there's been a huge power outage since 4pm yesterday (Thursday) and just came back on like an hour ago here (Friday, 1:30pm) ... guess no mail for today!
Sorry about the power outtage I heard from New york to Canada was down, when you call in leave your number if I'm not avalible I'll call back within 10min, sometimes it takes a little longer if I'm out to lunch. I've been talking to the owner about a 1-800 number, me personally I like talking person to person with people much faster than e-mails, sometimes I help guys tune there engines over the phone, much easier than doing it by e-mail lololo
Old 08-15-2003, 01:20 PM   #54
Tech Adept

haha, you seriously have guys calling asking how to tune their engines over the phone? thats funny.

Btw, I've noticed MugenUSA is a distributor for the Novarossi Rex line of engines; you wouldn't happen to know where to purchase one from would you? I can't seem to find any Rex P5's online at the places I have searched anyway!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:48 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
haha, you seriously have guys calling asking how to tune their engines over the phone? thats funny.

Btw, I've noticed MugenUSA is a distributor for the Novarossi Rex line of engines; you wouldn't happen to know where to purchase one from would you? I can't seem to find any Rex P5's online at the places I have searched anyway!
We are the distributor of the REX line, we will have more engines in a few weeks they will have the Mugen logo ingraved into the engine, the head will no longer be blue it will be gun metal gray and instead of having four sides it will have six sides Nova Rex new name from Mugen P5 Hexagon. I'll let you know when they are avalible.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:21 PM   #56
Tech Adept

Awesome

Thanks Robbie, sounds good ... I mays well wait until then to buy one Well seems now the support problem is fixed haha this is great Thanks Robbie.

I've always wondered as well, wether or not the colour of the head makes a difference with cooling. Black is the best radiator of heat, but it might be wise to obtain the opposite effect with a heatsink as it cools through induction?

Anybody know?
Old 08-15-2003, 05:08 PM   #57
Tech Master

Cool have a nice weekend
Old 08-15-2003, 07:54 PM   #58
Tech Adept

Likewise Have a good one!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:51 AM   #59
Tech Adept

OK well I've called ... had a problem on step 22 with my MBX5 when screwing in the Side Guards .... the plastic seems to be a little soft on the one side guard and when trying to tighten down the locknut in the moulded 'holder' it just spins around. Now I cannot remove it, nor tighten the screw without cutting the plastic from the darn chassis.

I made a call to Mugen .. and what the??? They will not send you out a part until you go and spend your money to send the part back to them, nor will they take a credit card # as a type of 'security' so they can send out the part the same time you send yours in?

What kind of CRAP is that??? I had a problem with the cheap screws with my NTC3, all I had to do was fax in the part #'s and they sent them to me free of charge; without me having to send them the damn screws with the crap head on them -using Hudy tools, the darn head on the screws (3 of them) were so out of shape when new, I couldn't screw it all the way into the chassis braces- Guess what AE did? They sent me a whole bag of screws, plus some I didn't even need! FREE.

Bullshit!
Old 08-20-2003, 10:07 AM   #60
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

chorner - Other companies have the same policy.

I just sent a part into Losi, they sent a replacement out once they recieved it.

HPI also has the same policy with defective parts.

It's not a big deal, send it USPS Priority mail, it will probably be there within 2-4 days.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Closed Thread