R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-07-2008, 10:39 AM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default IMHO

IMHO I think the ninja motors are great, especially for a new 1/8 driver. I bought the regular non-tuned version here at a LHS for $225 2 weeks ago. I own a JP FX .21 R-03 as well and although both engines are like night and day, the ninja still performs pretty well for what I paid for it. And just think, once you've gained some experience you can send it out to Murnan and have them mod it all to hell......35+ or JP FX will be too motor for a new driver IMHO....I'd go non-tuned version MR 21 R01A and start there.

Oh, and for the record, I'm currently running a Modded Ninja B01A (buggy motor) in my drag MRX-3 and I'm Killing a few of the top name brand motors out there (RB, Novarossi, Axe Rossi etc....)

Last edited by reemo_2001; 06-07-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added text
reemo_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Mugen Mr Ninja

I run three 10th scale, and three 1/8th scale cars, and sold Every one of my Nova based engines, and run Pico in everything. The tuned version in the 10th scale, and the modified in the 1/8th scale, and have absolutley no regrets at all.
Nova based engines are great, and surely not trying to put them down, but after running my Pico 9s in the 1/8th scale, when you get the modified engines, they will easily hang with anything out there.
The stock Pico 9s are around $300.00, and the factory modified are around $525.00, but I had mine modified by Team Kamikaze, they break in very easily,hold the tune, and just scream with performance.
It also depends a lot on how much you are willing to spend.
What ever choice you make, whether it be Novarossi,RB,Max,or Pico, they are all good engines.
I am sure you will find positive, and negative remarks on every engine on the market
Old 06-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bought a ninja mr21 non tuned and it is a easy break in so far.I have 3 1/2 tanks through it and it has been easy besides getting the needles semi correct for break in while dealing with my stick packs dying.This is my first onroad engine and I kept hearing lots of people on here saying how it is a real pain but I have not seen this.I am breaking the engine in the car it is about 90 degrees outside it idles in the car in the shade at 150 through the whole tank with my needle settings.I put a regular house fan beside my motor to blow air over the head for the third tank so I could raise the idle and and rev it up alittle bit and the hottest it got was 202.Like I said this is my first onroad car and I too got a mrx4x and the hardest thing for me about break in was figuring out the sweet spot for the starter box and at first I was using 2 stick packs and they dye so fast.I guess I am just spoiled from my rotostarter for my revo.I always seal my engines before before break in maybe that is why some people have problems during break in.It might not be the fastest but the finish on the engine is very nice and it only ran me 250.My engine is shimmed for 30% but I am running 20% for break in using a med plug in this heat.I would also recomend picco as that is what I have in my revo and it has tons of power holds a tune all year long and doesn't over heat or flame out.I wouldn't buy the tuned version I would get the murnan modified mr21.Hope this helps.
sm1nts2escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 07:57 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

Arrow MR 21 NINJA ENGINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugenDrew View Post
No your not. Your thinking about buying a Nova Rossi based engine. Like a 35+21 or a 35+21T, or a MAX POWER, or a J.P., or a RB something or other with a brass sleeve....
Is this going to be your first .21 on road engine? What on-road experience do you have? Help us help you...
I USE THIS ENGINE FOR A MRX3 AND MRX4

I LOVE THIS ENGINE, THE MR ENGINES ARE GRP BASE MOTORS
THESE MOTORS ROTATE AT 48000 RPMS
WITH A 3.5CC SIZE
IT IS A SCREAMER

YOU HAVE TO BE CARFUL WITH THESE TYPE OF ENGINES
THEY ARE HARD TO TUNE CAUSE OF THE HIGH PITCH SOUND
AND IT HAS TO BE WELL MANTAINED AFTER RUN
MCTYZ125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:03 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTYZ125 View Post
I USE THIS ENGINE FOR A MRX3 AND MRX4

I LOVE THIS ENGINE, THE MR ENGINES ARE GRP BASE MOTORS
THESE MOTORS ROTATE AT 48000 RPMS
WITH A 3.5CC SIZE
IT IS A SCREAMER

YOU HAVE TO BE CARFUL WITH THESE TYPE OF ENGINES
THEY ARE HARD TO TUNE CAUSE OF THE HIGH PITCH SOUND
AND IT HAS TO BE WELL MANTAINED AFTER RUN
48000rpms?no way!!!43000-44000 yes.
they are good motors but not like the nova or picco in power.
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote