R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2003, 03:13 PM   #46
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish

General question, guys.

If I were to buy an engine from a local hobby shop and found out the engine is defective. Who is liable? What is a good practice for us, as a customer, and for the lhs and/or distributor, et.

Seemed like Hellion has talked to Nitro House where he bought the engine from and was passing the buck to Mugen. Wonder if there is any "post-sale service" or "customer service" available for us these days.

Old 08-06-2003, 03:21 PM   #47
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: stefon and his boyfriend Corser

Quote:
Originally posted by Corse-R
(like the 99.99999998% of the people you will find here)
hohoho here we go again~~~

corse-r you have surpassed me (and 99.999% of all people, including that evolution guy ) by going beyond 3 digits after the decimal. good show ! you are a true pro now

take it easy corse-r, if hellion wants to bring down the rocky mountains because he stepped on one sharp stone, that is his decision, donít get a heart burn over it.

i bought a MT-12 with a short con. rod in it about two months ago, called mugen usa, the whole thing was resolved in about 15 minutes. mugen usa got no complains from me.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:25 PM   #48
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Eddie, I might be wrong, but I would expect Nitro House to deal with Mugen in a case like that.

They sold the engine, not Mugen, and they made their share of profit of it.

I understand that if there is a warranty issue out there that affects a every item of a certain product (like the rear axles on the MST1) than the manufacturer is there to replace parts.

If my VW has a problem, I don't have to talk to guys in Wolfsburg, but to the dealer where I bought it.

Just my $0.02
Old 08-06-2003, 03:30 PM   #49
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by stefan
Eddie, I might be wrong, but I would expect Nitro House to deal with Mugen in a case like that.

They sold the engine, not Mugen, and they made their share of profit of it.

I understand that if there is a warranty issue out there that affects a every item of a certain product (like the rear axles on the MST1) than the manufacturer is there to replace parts.

If my VW has a problem, I don't have to talk to guys in Wolfsburg, but to the dealer where I bought it.

Just my $0.02
That's what I had in mine, too.

here's another $0.02 in addition to yours. See how many will think the same as ours.

Remember guys, it's just the personal opinion expressed here in the forum.

Hellion, wouldn't it be better to get back in touch with Nitro House and have them support you in addition and see what BEST they can do to help you.

Good luck to you in advance and please keep us all posted.

cheers,
Old 08-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #50
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:

We all know that there would NEVER be a problem with a VW!!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:39 PM   #51
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiethefish
General question, guys.

If I were to buy an engine from a local hobby shop and found out the engine is defective. Who is liable? What is a good practice for us, as a customer, and for the lhs and/or distributor, et.

Seemed like Hellion has talked to Nitro House where he bought the engine from and was passing the buck to Mugen. Wonder if there is any "post-sale service" or "customer service" available for us these days.

In general, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to make good on a mfg defect. The hobby shop is just a provider of goods and services. Now if the mfg has a warranty policy that gives the store some flexibility, then the store can be more helpful in those cases...like an engine swap.

Then there's customer service oriented shop. I'm actually very lucky to have a few of these around me. The owner of one of the more busy shops in the area is really a good guy, and a good business man. He would take the engine and exchange it and then deal with the mfg directly regarding compensation for the defective item. It helps if the shop owner has a good relationship with the mfg or distributor.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:40 PM   #52
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: stefon and his boyfriend Corser

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
Both of you said you havent delt with muganracing So can you tell me again why your input is relevant?I have had a lot of luck posting the facts on other websites and I knew a few of them that are as big as this one would have some know it alls that just blab and to them I would say DONT BELIEVE ME I REALLY DONT CARE !!! this info. is for the honest RC car lovers like 98 % of the people in here!And for the other 2% I hope you do business with them ... morons can you spell that stefani? AND Evolution I couldn't agree with you more I do have pictures and copys of the e mails that where exchanged but I am really having problems downloading them on this site If you or any body could walk me threw this I would appreciate it or I think I can e-mail them so maybe that could work please let me know and I will post them for all of you to see! Thanks have a good day and stef quit PMSING
Uploading pics isn't that hard,i've sent you a PM about how to do it,just cool it a little bit though.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:41 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: stefon and his boyfriend Corser

Quote:
I'm sponsored by my wife. All the purchases I make will have to be granted by her approvals.

Time to learn how to be good at using WD40.
how do you treat your wife so that she lets you buy soooo many goodies??
Old 08-06-2003, 03:44 PM   #54
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: stefon and his boyfriend Corser

Quote:
Originally posted by Fire
how do you treat your wife so that she lets you buy soooo many goodies??
Use no WD40!
Old 08-06-2003, 03:46 PM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
In general, it's the manufacturer's responsibility to make good on a mfg defect. The hobby shop is just a provider of goods and services. Now if the mfg has a warranty policy that gives the store some flexibility, then the store can be more helpful in those cases...like an engine swap.

Then there's customer service oriented shop. I'm actually very lucky to have a few of these around me. The owner of one of the more busy shops in the area is really a good guy, and a good business man. He would take the engine and exchange it and then deal with the mfg directly regarding compensation for the defective item. It helps if the shop owner has a good relationship with the mfg or distributor.
hey Rod,

Would one of the cool man happens to named eddie?
Old 08-06-2003, 03:50 PM   #56
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b

Quote:
...If my VW has a problem, I don't have to talk to guys in Wolfsburg, but to the dealer where I bought it.
If you have a "verified" lemon, then you actually do have to deal with the corporate office. If there are minor defects, then you deal with the dealership which is still, to a degree, dealing with the manufacturer. Unfortunately shops only provide the goods but have no affiliation to the mfg so they share no responsibility.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:11 PM   #57
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
General question, guys.

If the distributer is cares about future sales then they better stand behind what they sell and deal with the manufacture themselves. Its just good business.
Old 08-06-2003, 04:37 PM   #58
Tech Fanatic

Default sorry

Guys I'm sorry I crossed the line a little but I just get so mad when I think about what happend And thanks for all your suggestions! I to think Nitrohouse should be responsible but they just referred me back to MR I could be a jerk and dispute the charges on my card but im sick of dealing with this hole mess! And I surley didn't mean to get any one mad at me after all my goal here is to just to warn people what happend to me and maybe it wont happen to them!
Old 08-06-2003, 05:03 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b

I think this should be common practice, because the hobby shops have much greater influence with a distributor than a private person, since they usually spent loads of money with them.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:17 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: IM a Mugan fan

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
RCLOVER if your going to deny being a Mugan fan perhapps you should remove that muganseiki & MTX3 logo under your name!
see, you got my message wrong again, HELLION! I AM NOT sent by Mugen USA to speak up for them, okay!
Sure i am a big fan of Mugen!

Ohh, i got it now! I dont think by having the Mugen emblem underneath my name suggest i am from Mugen..

But from your previous statements, suggest to me that you have some communication problems.

If you didnt like to hear positive comments on Mugen, pls say so the next time in your first post and we would avoid this!
Closed Thread