R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2003, 08:04 PM   #16
Tech Fanatic

Default PS

You pay the same price but what you end up with is a coin toss!!! They just dont tell you this before you purchase It is advertised as a NOVA ROSSI REAR EXHAUST.12 TURBO W/SLIDECARB,SG SHAFT This is clearley false advertising! but I'm not gona persue that issue how ever I will continue to warn people about : as I now call them MUGAN RACING RIPPOFFS And by the way I want to thank all of you for not complaining about my spelling sorry about that!!!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:15 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Just out of curiosity,what made you think they were #1 anyway?...
Old 08-05-2003, 10:46 PM   #18
Tech Fanatic

Default well fast harry

I have found that there is normally one car at each of the tracks Iv'e been to that smokes every other car and if u get a chance to look under the body 9 out a 10 you will see a MTX-2 and ever since I switched to the MTX-2 I have had the same results! Weather its the best car I dont know But I love it However the Mugan support sucks big time!!! And I think discontinuing the MTX-2 was a big mistake and ill bet they regret it! I have had my share of good races with 705s and other mugans and a few others but I dont remember a TC3 ever finishing on the same lap with me!
Old 08-05-2003, 10:54 PM   #19
Tech Regular

No comment on your support issues as I've only had great experiences with them. But with regards to your comment about them regretting discontinuing the MTX-2... don't know about that. Have you driven an MTX-3?
Old 08-06-2003, 12:17 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Default MTX-3

If you are purchasing your mugan parts from muganracing u r paying way to much they only like dealing in wholesale and there retail prices are about 20% higher then u can get from places like nitro house and I'm sure many others have had good luck with them but I didn't... As far as the MTX 3 goes a guy let me drive his once and i liked it but didn't think it was even close to the MTX2 but bear in mind I only drove it for 14 laps and my MTX2 is highley modified and I'm Useto it so I really shouldent b judging the MTX3
Old 08-06-2003, 05:12 AM   #21
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

You should just go in and say im sick of this crap i want my money back...
Old 08-06-2003, 06:12 AM   #22
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: well fast harry

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
I have found that there is normally one car at each of the tracks Iv'e been to that smokes every other car and if u get a chance to look under the body 9 out a 10 you will see a MTX-2 and ever since I switched to the MTX-2 I have had the same results! Weather its the best car I dont know But I love it However the Mugan support sucks big time!!! And I think discontinuing the MTX-2 was a big mistake and ill bet they regret it! I have had my share of good races with 705s and other mugans and a few others but I dont remember a TC3 ever finishing on the same lap with me!
well,if your ever in Edison NJ,bring that car by and we'll go racing...

you'll see one then
Old 08-06-2003, 06:14 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Such a pity, Coz Mugen in Australia is totally awesome with parts and support.
Old 08-06-2003, 07:00 AM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Oops I guess that would help

Quote:
The engine I purchesd was a MT12SG-S turbo! Instead of replacing this one they sent me a stock MT.12 with a turbo glow plug! And you are not going to believe this but when I complained they told me that some of the turbo 12s they sell only have a turbo head button (like the one they sent me) and some are real turbo engines IE turbo crank ect. like the one I sent them to replace!
well, there are actually engines with Turbo Head button only (w/o Turbo scoop on crank) and engines with Turbo head button (with Turbo scoop on crank).
RB taged their Turbo Headed Button engines (w/o turbo scoop on crank) as 'TURBO' too!

I dealt with Mugen Seiki Japan last month, their service is excellent! My mails got replied promtly and i received replacement parts within 3 days at no cost at all, no question asked!
Old 08-06-2003, 07:46 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs down Yeah right

It seems funny to me ever since muganracing found out about me telling the truth about them so to speek out of the blue theres a few excellent reviews!!! what timing!!! Nice try RClover but don't you think the muganseiki emblem under your name is a small give away? Excellent service my &%#@ Chris at muganracing probley told you to say that! what's next ?
Old 08-06-2003, 08:54 AM   #26
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rod_b
Default Re: Re: Oops I guess that would help

Quote:
Originally posted by RClover
...RB taged their Turbo Headed Button engines (w/o turbo scoop on crank) as 'TURBO' too!
I own one and there is actually work done to the inside of the intake window. True, there is no scoop on the face but there is work done that is not obvious to the naked eye. Whereas the Mugen MT12 Turbo engine has a "turbo" crank that has a scoop in the face and some material taken off the face to light it a tad. Not intake mods.

HELLION - No, I don't think the timing is funny. You post that you had a bad experience and people are just coming out to say that they have not had the unfortunate displeasure that you have. It doesn't mean people are being sent here by Mugen as "damage control." Not too many people go on here starting threads raving about great customer service because it's expected. However, when someone comes on here and says "X company gave me bad service" expect happy customers to reply. I personally think it sucks that you've had to endure the negative aspects of the customer service process. I've never had to deal with Mugen personally but know people who have and have never heard of anyone getting such a level of poor treatment...even going so far as to say "take it or leave it." That's just out of character by Mugen.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:28 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

First of Hellion, why don't you at least try and spell their name correctly, it's MUGEN not Mugan!

Secondly, the two times I had to deal with Mugen USA, it was not the most pleasent experience.
They never replied to e-mails and when I called they sounded bored by my complaint about defective parts.
I did get my replacements though.

I think Mugen USA has the same problem than Yokomo USA.
Both have awesome mother companies in Japan with excellent products and great customer service.

Both their subsidiaries in the US on the other hand simply suck.

GM Racing had the same problem with GM USA a few years back and their reputation was badly damaged.
They are making a comeback since they are with a reputible distributor that offers service and repair.

I run a transplant of a German company here in the US and I know what it takes to give American customers what they expect.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:44 AM   #28
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Yeah right

Quote:
It seems funny to me ever since muganracing found out about me telling the truth about them so to speek out of the blue theres a few excellent reviews!!! what timing!!! Nice try RClover but don't you think the muganseiki emblem under your name is a small give away? Excellent service my &%#@ Chris at muganracing probley told you to say that! what's next ?
nope dude! i aint no Mugen guy, you mistaken what i wrote...

I never dealt with Mugen USA, i know none of them!

well, i can understand your pain and agony but that how i was treated.

PS: of all the unpleasant complaints that i'd made in my life, there all good turnouts with happy face on both parties in the end..maybe just my luck..
Old 08-06-2003, 09:54 AM   #29
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Oops I guess that would help

Quote:
Originally posted by rod_b
You post that you had a bad experience and people are just coming out to say that they have not had the unfortunate displeasure that you have. It doesn't mean people are being sent here by Mugen as "damage control."
agree!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Default IM a Mugan fan

I love my mugan MTX2 And if I could deal with Mugan Japan I would in a second but if you live in the US they forward everything to muganracing I thought I made this clear and they don't normally sell to the public! they are the distributor for the hobbyshops that you get mugan parts from! The only reason I had to deal with them is the place I got my engine from (nitro whearhouse) said I had to send it to mugan racing (the true con artist) so I hope that clears it up for some of you! RCLOVER if your going to deny being a Mugan fan perhapps you should remove that muganseiki & MTX3 logo under your name! STEFON: I could care less how the names spelled and if you think about it why on earth would I go out of my way to badmouth mugAnracing If it wasen't true I have nothing to gain Im just gona wright it off as a loss but I can and will continue to warn people about muganracing in Cali. I hope that clears it up for a few of you. And yes I suck at spelling and computers so I appreciate you pointing that out Stefani "opps" I mean Stafon And if someone out there could help me with downloading pictures on this site I have some great ones of the so called NEW crankshaft they sent me! You have to see it to believe it words just can't describe it! Rob B if you put water in a 7up can and sell it as 7up thats false advertising no mater how you word it ..... da HELLION
Closed Thread