R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-12-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Alternative to rb pit box?

The rb pitbox is very kit...however the 200$ price tag is a bit much.

I rather not take the time to make one. Does anyone else make something similar but in 50$ or less range.

Cheers

Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/bla...xedHandle.html

Works great!
Old 05-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Have to side with JFCJ on this one!
You can fit all tools and accessories, fuel bottle and starter box + controller and just carry the carryall and car in each hand!
Cant beat it for the price!
Here is the one i am using!

By itchy_brother at 2008-05-13

Last edited by itchy b; 05-13-2008 at 10:00 AM.
itchy b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post

I rather not take the time to make one. Does anyone else make something similar but in 50$ or less range.

Cheers

Jamie
I have had my RB box for years, but even with inflation that box should only cost about 100.00. I bought mine for somewhere between 80 and 90 bucks. Again that was 3-4 years ago.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 11:35 AM   #5
Tech Rookie

Default Pit Hauler Bag

Hi,

Have you ever seen the F8 bag from Team Magic. It not only holds a lot it is like luggage with a cool handle and wheels.

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/Accessori...8_F8.html:lol:
rcdannyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 PM   #6
Tech Adept

I have the ofna ultimate pit bag and it's great for 1/10 scale on road. You can fit quite a bit of stuff.

http://www.ofna.com/acc-general.html
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
Tech Adept

better link:

http://www.ofna.com/shop-bag.html

I got mine for under 100$. If i remember correctly i got it from Nitrohouse.
charlesd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post

Cheers

Jamie
Go to a local Tack/Equine supply store and look at a grooming tote.The one I purchased is made by K&D Equestrian pt#127 tote and you can get it for less than 20 dollars.Check it out at www.kd-equestrian.com

XRAY NT1 2013 / FORDHAM HOBBIES / HOT RACE TYRES/ Port Jervis NY Onroad Raceway/ FLOYD BENNET RACEWAY / McPappy Racing /
shamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #9
Tech Regular

I hear you regarding price. money is tight everywhere. The totes work extremely well, and being plastic allows you to even easily customize it. However, if you are planning on travelling to races, then it becomes a bit of a bear. That is the main reason why I love the RB box. It folds away, which is great when I am flying to the Winternats, Nats, etc. The one thing try to do is pack as if i am flying to a race. I used to carry everything but the kitchen sink when i went to the local and semi-local events, then when i had to pick and choose what to leave back when I started flying to the bigger events, that was a nightmare. So now whether I am staying local or flying out of town my packing is the same. Someone made an exact replica of the RB box, but in Graphite (Carbon Fiber) and that was cool, and said it was really cheap since it only used one sheet to make the pieces. If I can get my hands on that I would gladly sell my box for 50 bucks. Strong and Light, thats whats up.
Lil Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I believe that was Blackletter that had the Carb fiber pit caddy. It was nice I pit next to Burch and Blackletter at 07 GLC and could not keep my eyes off of the caddy and it kept my mind racing on how I could make one up. To be honest I have not given up on the idea its just that so many things have come up and I am also trying to get my workshop in order before I start taking on the project. I need a few more pieces and a bit more space and the workshop will be done. If I ever get it started you will know about it

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
Tech Adept

when it comes to the rb pit box, i have had mine for about 8 years, when it comes to its flexability and it ability to build up a take down. it sturdiness it strength and it ability to last. it a item you buy once. there isn't any substitute. everybody who has one who has traveled and packed in alittle bag reach your destination build for the week then tear it down and go home. it redues to a managable size. there isn't anything on the market you can obtain to do the same thing. buy what you want but in the end after going through a bunch of different things you break or cant take with to travel, or length of service you will come back and buy it and yes i have seen it for $175.00 that it. buy what you want be unsatified and you will buy it when it 250.00 . it like when you buy one of the cars you get what you pay for it just my opinion and i did it.