Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Euro "B" championships? >

Euro "B" championships?

Euro "B" championships?

Reply

Old 05-07-2008, 11:35 AM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (30)
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default Euro "B" championships?

So my question is whats the difference between the euros, and the euro "B" championship?
rx7ttlm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:32 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
So my question is whats the difference between the euros, and the euro "B" championship?
EFRA started this last year probably because of a few reasons :-

1- the number of entries were always over-subscribed resulting in a lot of people not being able to get slots to race (slots are allocated by country).

2- the top guys are almost always sponsored and thus would always occupy the top 20 or 30 places anyway so they may as well go race with each other in peace

3- encourage more to race at the European level (with the slots vacated by the pros).

So, depending on your European ranking (top 25) you are an "A" driver and thus not allowed to race in the "B" while those who are not classified as European A can race in either the A (known as just the Euros) or the B Euros.

If I get the above wrong, they are just opinions anyway and I'm sure someone will come and correct me.

Last edited by Sow&Steady; 05-10-2008 at 01:46 AM.
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:02 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Default

It's the same like the 1/8th EC-A and EC-B
_cyclops_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:47 AM
  #4  
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,274
Default

I guess for an American it's easier to understand this way:

EC-A = Sprint Cup
EC-B = Nationwide Series

J/K
stefan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:33 AM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Veenendaal, The Netherlands
Posts: 478
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I guess for an American it's easier to understand this way:

EC-A = Sprint Cup
EC-B = Nationwide Series

J/K
lol,

for me the stuff that amazes me. World Championships stop when it rains... because the americans don't race in the wet.... the car isn't going to melt or anything from the wet :P
_cyclops_ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:45 AM
  #6  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I guess for an American it's easier to understand this way:

EC-A = Sprint Cup
EC-B = Nationwide Series

J/K
Stefan, I disagree a bit ... natioanwide implies its only one whole nation but the Euros (B or A) is for all European countries). Its quite something to race with folks from different countries.

What is the Sprint Cup?
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:12 AM
  #7  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (8)
 
Ryan41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Gold Coast, Australia
Posts: 635
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Wouldnt it be more like Champ Car - to Indy Light series ?

Champ car being the elite..


Or F1 compared to Champ Car - F1 being the "elite" - sorry, more money backed drivers
Ryan41 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:19 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,396
Default

Originally Posted by _cyclops_ View Post
lol,

for me the stuff that amazes me. World Championships stop when it rains... because the americans don't race in the wet.... the car isn't going to melt or anything from the wet :P
It's high time the Americans started fitting in with the rest of us and stop making up rules to suit themselves............

Why everyone agrees to what they say or want is beyond me. Not sure who's at fault more......... the Americans for being that way.......or the rest of the world for allowing them to be that way!???

I hold my head sometimes I really do!

British Menace
British Menace is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Originally Posted by Ryan41 View Post
Wouldnt it be more like Champ Car - to Indy Light series ?

Champ car being the elite..


Or F1 compared to Champ Car - F1 being the "elite" - sorry, more money backed drivers
Yes, perhaps that comparison is a little closer.
Sow&Steady is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:47 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (30)
 
rx7ttlm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 2,521
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Ok, not the direction I thought this would take. Think about this kids, they race the same class, same cars the only difference is the drivers... anyone know what the actual reason is?

FYI a lot of US motorsports race in the rain. Sprint Cup(formerly nextel cup) doesn't run in the rain mainly because they run on ovals. Try running an oval race in the rain and see how fun/ safe it is. Every race series I have been involved in races rain or shine (within reason) Star Mazda, Formula Atlantic, Champcar (well they don't race anywhere anymore which is a shame... ) Mustang Challenge all race race rain or shine..

and the for the americans to understand comment, that didn't even make sense and I work in motorsports. The sprint cup is a nationwide series guy..
rx7ttlm is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service