R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-26-2004, 12:39 AM   #571
jas
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: FW05 v V1RR

Quote:
[i]
Just thought I'd share, since Kyoshos in the US aren't that common or at least in my area. [/B]

I used to live in Grand Prairie, TX. I had Kyosho Spider Mk2 which I brought over from HongKong. You are right that Kyoshos aren't that common in that part of the country.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 03:55 AM   #572
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: FW05 v V1RR

Quote:
Originally posted by jas
I used to live in Grand Prairie, TX. I had Kyosho Spider Mk2 which I brought over from HongKong. You are right that Kyoshos aren't that common in that part of the country.
One thing has changed, kits/parts for the Kanaii buggy are pretty easy to find now. Especially wiht the off raod tracks; Indy RC, Wild Bill's and Johnny Cool Guy [very nice track].

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:47 AM   #573
Tech Apprentice

Default Hi Guy's.

Hi, Im Robyn. and I'm really thinking about getting a Fw-05r. Im currently racing a Mugen Mtx-3 but would like to try something diffrent. I hear great benifit's with having a shaft drive as to a belt drive. My question is, Is driving a shaft driven car more difficult than driving a belt driven car? What are some of the carateristic's that are diffrent from the two? Any help will be greatly appreciated.. R.
freefallgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #574
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Driving style

It's all about driving style.

Acceleration and deceleration will be different, you'll see a quicker response, or at least that is my experience with shafts. Can't vouch for the Mugen, since I'm only familiar.

There's a V1RR thread that they touched on this same subject a few days ago! You might, could check it out. One of the replies gave a good extensive post.

It's really a matter of your particular driving style and preference. That's what it really boils down to.

T&T in Plano is running on the 7th [concrete, temp track] and you could see for yourself. Some are running drive shaft-cars but the FW05, or any other Kyosho road car, aren't really popular down here.

RCFiles.com has the link(s) for T&T. It's the Texas version of rctech.net.

Last edited by Tom G; 02-29-2004 at 05:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2004, 09:58 PM   #575
Tech Adept

Hi all shaft drive lover, let me introduce myself, I race 1/10 for 6 years, from Impulse switch to MTX3 and then plus a 710 recent, I love both, last month my friend told me he will get a FW05R, after I try it what a fantastic experience, great! So I own a first shaft drive car now, FW05R (I dont like NTC3), a litter tips, I use Kyosho option, front one-way, and steel ring gear front 39T, rear 40T to local small track. Kyosho blue 1.8 spring F & R.
I use TCD gear also, I feel that I drove faster that who not use with it, local track more than 20--05R car now!!

boy2rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 10:56 PM   #576
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Very nice!

The graphite upper plate part of the kit or an add on?"
Old 02-28-2004, 11:24 PM   #577
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that version of the kit comes with the carbon upper deck
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 05:34 AM   #578
Tech Addict

Cool, tanx!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:27 AM   #579
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

sweet,... I think I should upgrade now,... mine looks quite dated already,... (the first foam-version,... all stock 'cept foams and shorter rear bones)

btw, a bit OOT,... what makes a pipe legal,... I'm making my own currently,... did 2 single-chamber prototypes already, based on OS' left-side pipe (will post pics soon), low-to-mid punch (torque) is boosted, but loosing a bit of top-end (I normally run on a small-mid local track, using taller gear-ratio... low traction surface)
things that I doubted was, the regulation on size (mine is really fat (62mm) but kinda short (91mm), compared to the Kyosho' pipe for the FW (52mm) mine's well hung, hehehe... oh,.. and it's rather loud as well (115+ db at 5 meters),... it's made of sheet metal (love the tone actually, has "rrriiinggg" sound between the deep-warbling tone on-throttle) .... I have another proto w/ silencer pipe manufactured currently (like full-size 2-stroke pipes) not tested yet, maybe next weekend...

if you're in the know about reulations, please educate and share otherwise I'll consider the pipe as an outlaw one-off pipe, hehe...

cheers folks
Old 02-29-2004, 03:11 PM   #580
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Francesco Tironi just won the preworlds with a FW-05R ... look my last posts on the yokomo gt4 thread ...

cya !

E-Mail : [email protected]
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:37 PM   #581
Tech Adept

Default Harden pinon

Hi guys, anybody know of any harden 0.8 module pinon
that fit the kyosho centax clutch.
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 07:53 PM   #582
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

check out team active ones

www.active-hobby.com

I believe those are hardened
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 08:47 PM   #583
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

if your new to shaft drive you'll need to get used to the acceleration because their is less drag .have fun with it and don't forget to buy the one-way.
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 02:18 AM   #584
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by boy2rc
Hi all shaft drive lover, let me introduce myself, I race 1/10 for 6 years, from Impulse switch to MTX3 and then plus a 710 recent, I love both, last month my friend told me he will get a FW05R, after I try it what a fantastic experience, great! So I own a first shaft drive car now, FW05R (I dont like NTC3), a litter tips, I use Kyosho option, front one-way, and steel ring gear front 39T, rear 40T to local small track. Kyosho blue 1.8 spring F & R.
I use TCD gear also, I feel that I drove faster that who not use with it, local track more than 20--05R car now!!
Hi there, I wonder why you have 39T in front and 40T in the back? wouldn't that make your front wheels rotate faster than the rear? What does that do to the handling of your car?

The other question I have is the TCD gear set. What difference does it make compares to the stock diff?

Thanks!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 03:08 AM   #585
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Hi there, I wonder why you have 39T in front and 40T in the back? wouldn't that make your front wheels rotate faster than the rear? What does that do to the handling of your car?
I think it's a great idea to overdrive the car by this method because before this, there would not be a way to change the front and internal drive ratios of a shaft driven car besides playing with tire diameter which affects the geometry of the car.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote