R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-16-2004, 11:53 PM   #541
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When I was at Toykar last week, they still have some of the 39T stell gears. I have been running OS TR all this while in small to med track, for bigger track Sirio is a good choice.

As for your question regards to the whether to run 39T/40T crown gear, by using the 39T you will be give you a internal ratio of 3 and the 40T will be 3.07. With the lower internal ratio and with the same gearing your car wil lbe a little faster at the top end.

As for pipe stinger diameter - 5.2mm will provide better low end, where 7mm will provide better top end. However, the most important area is to get the correct pipe and monifold length to match the engine you use.
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:04 AM   #542
Tech Adept

Hi guys , I drive a V-One RR at the moment and am looking to go to either the Evo or FW05R. So I would like to ask a few questions , particularly about the FW05R.

1. How is the chassis rigidity with the FW05R ? From what I've seen the top deck only runs halfway on the left side of the car. Does the chassis tweak easily ? Ie there doesnt seem to a be alot of chassis support on top unlike the V1RR/Evo.

2. For the FW05R , what is the difference specifically between the 39 and 40 teeth crown gears ? Aside from the obvious fact of the change in ratio surely there must be some other major difference ? Ratios can be more easily tuned with pinions/spurs and im sure there must be a significant reason why kyosho offers this option to justify the tooling costs. Does it mesh better ? perhaps the 39t is a bit lighter as it has one less tooth !!???

Thanks, happy racing !
RCSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 01:33 AM   #543
Tech Adept

Default Re: gee! thanks Joe!

Quote:
Originally posted by foampervert
Salutations Earthlings!
thanks for the tip Joe!
makes me feel worlds better, i can tell you that!
although, it seems that everyone is out of the hardened gears...
ben is sold out.
is there a major difference between the 39t and 40t gears?
and also, would you personally recommend the os TR or sirio?
for that matter, which pipe too, 5.2mm or 7 mm?
-FP
thanks a bob!
Hobby Paradise just came in with a lots 39t/40t steel gear sets. Check it out.

PHANTOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 02:27 AM   #544
Tech Elite

Is FW05R better than V1RR Evo? in what expect?
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:16 PM   #545
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Joehwee
When I was at Toykar last week, they still have some of the 39T stell gears. I have been running OS TR all this while in small to med track, for bigger track Sirio is a good choice.

As for your question regards to the whether to run 39T/40T crown gear, by using the 39T you will be give you a internal ratio of 3 and the 40T will be 3.07. With the lower internal ratio and with the same gearing your car wil lbe a little faster at the top end.

As for pipe stinger diameter - 5.2mm will provide better low end, where 7mm will provide better top end. However, the most important area is to get the correct pipe and monifold length to match the engine you use.

Hi Joehwee, how do you find this right side pipe - OS T1031,
and from which LHS do you got it.

Cheers!
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 08:37 PM   #546
Tech Master

apmk: Where are you from? I got my OS T1031 from my LHS here in Singapore, I believe Tower Hobbies also have them in stock. The pipe have very linear powerband from low-mid-top, I am using it on my OS TR for Small to med track, and the pipe is really strong. If you want to get a pipe that last a long time, the T1031 is the only choice.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:33 PM   #547
Tech Master

esham: There are no such thing as which car is better, how the car drive and handles depends on how the car is built and setup. Every driver have different driving style and will require a different car or setup.

However one of the main different between the FW05R and EVo in terms when driving is the 05R seem to have carry more speed into the corner as it's shaft driven, therefore you will require a different braking point.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:49 PM   #548
Tech Elite

Quote:

However one of the main different between the FW05R and EVo in terms when driving is the 05R seem to have carry more speed into the corner as it's shaft driven, therefore you will require a different braking point.
Joehwee, i'm looking such a line of word about the different of FW05R compare than my MTX3/RR Evo. Impress on your achievement on previous race in JB ..i think. I want to give it a test as i thinking to let go my MTX3. Thanks..
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 PM   #549
Tech Master

Esham: Thanks for your compliments and I look forward to race in JB again. MTX-3 is a good car, just bear in mind that if you are switch from belted to a shaft driven car, you will require a different driving style and setup.

Just like what I have wrote earlier, the FW05R which will apply to all shaft driven car, will carry more speed into the corner as there are less drag. As a results you will require a different braking point. However this doesn't mean that the belted car like the MTX-3/V1R is slow in the corner, the drag effect from the belt actually allow more precise cornering as the drag from the transmission work like a drag brake.

End of the day, all you need is to find a car suits your driving style.
Old 02-17-2004, 10:27 PM   #550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by RCSavant
Hi guys , I drive a V-One RR at the moment and am looking to go to either the Evo or FW05R. So I would like to ask a few questions , particularly about the FW05R.

1. How is the chassis rigidity with the FW05R ? From what I've seen the top deck only runs halfway on the left side of the car. Does the chassis tweak easily ? Ie there doesnt seem to a be alot of chassis support on top unlike the V1RR/Evo.

2. For the FW05R , what is the difference specifically between the 39 and 40 teeth crown gears ? Aside from the obvious fact of the change in ratio surely there must be some other major difference ? Ratios can be more easily tuned with pinions/spurs and im sure there must be a significant reason why kyosho offers this option to justify the tooling costs. Does it mesh better ? perhaps the 39t is a bit lighter as it has one less tooth !!???

Thanks, happy racing !
1. the top deck connects to both the front and rear diff bulkheads, and other supports mounted on the chassis. i don't think the chassis will tweak easier than any other car. although, i haven't crash hard enough to do so yet.

2. i heard that the 39t gears provide a better mesh and is smoother but i think the main reason for it is that there isn't too much spur and pinion gear options. you can modify mugen 0.8 pinion gears to work on the kyosho bell. they have 28 and 29 tooth available.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:30 PM   #551
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Esham: Thanks for your compliments and I look forward to race in JB again. MTX-3 is a good car, just bear in mind that if you are switch from belted to a shaft driven car, you will require a different driving style and setup.

Just like what I have wrote earlier, the FW05R which will apply to all shaft driven car, will carry more speed into the corner as there are less drag. As a results you will require a different braking point. However this doesn't mean that the belted car like the MTX-3/V1R is slow in the corner, the drag effect from the belt actually allow more precise cornering as the drag from the transmission work like a drag brake.

End of the day, all you need is to find a car suits your driving style.
very well said.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:35 AM   #552
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

Yo foam boy,..

I am using OS TR(P)T w/ Kyosho's header-pipe combo (5.2) on a medium track,... I am not a good driver, but managed to smoke an expert driven TR(P)T powered RR, a CEN CT4R w/ Novarossi S5, and having a very tight competition w/ a Nova S5 powered Serpent 705,... waiting for my buddy's FW to get fixed,.. it's X-12 Rody powered, and sounds powerful before he hit the lane-marker, flyin' high, lots of rolls, with a completely damaged front-end.....

IMHO, 12TRs are not the best powerhouse, but it's an easy engine,... love it......
Old 02-19-2004, 02:28 AM   #553
Tech Adept

Quote:
apmk: Where are you from? I got my OS T1031 from my LHS here in Singapore, I believe Tower Hobbies also have them in stock. The pipe have very linear powerband from low-mid-top, I am using it on my OS TR for Small to med track, and the pipe is really strong. If you want to get a pipe that last a long time, the T1031 is the only choice.
Hi Joehwee, me from S''pore too, pls tell me which hobby shop you get it, i like to get one too, at least i dun need to go
hunting around.

Cheers!
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 07:44 PM   #554
Tech Master

apmk: Singapore Hobby Supplies at Fook Hai Building, Btw Toykar also have the new Kyosho Chrome 5.2mm JMRCA tuned pipe available.
Old 02-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #555
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02

i was wondering what is the center strut for it part number is vsw012.??? is it for the bumber?
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote