Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:23 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I haf a question

Is the rear suspension geometry on this car the same as the EVO?

thx
Old 02-12-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
I haf a question

Is the rear suspension geometry on this car the same as the EVO?

thx
I don't know if they are identical, but they do share some parts like the rear arm but I know that at least the shock towers are different.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:50 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I thought the lower rear arm is longer?

or is that the front lower arm..
Old 02-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by B
I thought the lower rear arm is longer?

or is that the front lower arm..
I think it's the front.
Old 02-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

orangbaligila: I would like to try the Kyosho header and pipe but it's so expensive. At least Know I know it works, thanks for the feedback. On the Sirio, I must tell you that the engine is O.K. but not espectacular. I have always used JP Black Engines on my other cars (Yokomo GT4R, Mugen MTX-2) and I tell you, the Sirio is nowhere near the output of the Blackies. The other drawback (depending on your perspective) is the fact that the sleeve
and piston are made out of Aluminum (ACC) which tends to be a little difficult to mantain a constant and reliable tune, it gets hot quickly and cools off quickly. Maybe with more time and dedication on my part I can get it to run well.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

hmmm,... sirio is not that good eh,.... hehehe... dunno,... it's just interesting to see some sirios are scoring sometimes over here,... but you're right, maybe it's not too consistent in the heat dissipating department...

is the pipe really that expensive back there?! i got it from a friend who bought it in singapore for US$69 ,.. i think that's quite a good price for a pipe and manifold (try that price on Novarossi, heheh..)

after a very tight inspection, i reckon that the weaker spur-gear is only 25% of the cause of its break-down,... 70% is the sandy track (as almost all other cars that was driven on that day was damaged, only my Jamara (low-tech but expensive German made car) with Super-ten gearbox, and some other B grade cars survived (less speed, less power),... turns out that the 3 weeks prepared track was no good at all (yes, we re-treated the tarmac,... but it was crappy all along, hehe...)

I'm tearing my FW apart currently, cleaning,... cleaning... cleaning.... it hurts when you prepare an 18 hours masterpiece and it was (quite) badly damaged in less than 1/2 an hour by crappy track, hehe.... FYI, I really build my cars with care and love,... the build quality is excellent compared to others over here (but not to japanese builders, they're completely a detail-freak, hehe...) I set the susp. up even before the engine sits on the chassis,... I just "know" how this beast would handle from the box's pic, hehe..... it's snappy quick, and glued to the surface when you need it, and could be tail-happy when you tell it to,.... I like this chassis.... and the shaft-drive 4 cars now and three of 'em are shaft-drive...
Old 02-14-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thoughts on Sirio??????
Old 02-14-2004, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

you can still get ABC liners in the new range as well
Old 02-14-2004, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by madness
orangbaligila: I would like to try the Kyosho header and pipe but it's so expensive. At least Know I know it works, thanks for the feedback. On the Sirio, I must tell you that the engine is O.K. but not espectacular. I have always used JP Black Engines on my other cars (Yokomo GT4R, Mugen MTX-2) and I tell you, the Sirio is nowhere near the output of the Blackies. The other drawback (depending on your perspective) is the fact that the sleeve
and piston are made out of Aluminum (ACC) which tends to be a little difficult to mantain a constant and reliable tune, it gets hot quickly and cools off quickly. Maybe with more time and dedication on my part I can get it to run well.
I have been thinking the same thing about the pipe. The header looks good
Old 02-15-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

orangbaligila: Yeah, I have done that process twice now anyways, it helps to know the car better. At this point I think I can assemble and dis-assemble the car with my eyes closed!!
The Kyosho header and pipe combo cost around 75.00 here in the Island which I find a little bit expensive. I can get a NovaMega pipe/header for 50.00!! I think I am going to have to make the investment anyhow.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default any problems?

Salutations Earthlings
i noticed that the entire front top suspension component is attached to the car using 1 screw!
wow! is that safe? its not even a real long screw at that...
do any of you have experienced stripped gearboxes due to this?
-alexander
Old 02-15-2004, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: any problems?

Originally posted by foampervert
Salutations Earthlings
i noticed that the entire front top suspension component is attached to the car using 1 screw!
-alexander
Not true, 3 screws hold the top bulkhead which hold the upper arms. However, the bulkhead will break in a hard crash along with the stock shock tower. I think the 3 Racing bulkhead and the graphite shock tower are on the list of the must upgrades.
Old 02-16-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: any problems?

Originally posted by foampervert
Salutations Earthlings
-alexander
To finish first, first you must finish......... The idea is not to crash
Old 02-16-2004, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Foampervert: Don't worry, the shock tower mount is not screw down by just one screw, the 2 screw that used to mount the gear box cover to the gear case is also holding the shock tower mount. I was running the FW05R as soon as it was available, till now I have not break anything on my car, the only parts that I have replace was the crown gear every 3 races. Since Kyosho have the steel crown gear now, the gear should last a long time.
Old 02-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default gee! thanks Joe!

Salutations Earthlings!
thanks for the tip Joe!
makes me feel worlds better, i can tell you that!
although, it seems that everyone is out of the hardened gears...
ben is sold out.
is there a major difference between the 39t and 40t gears?
and also, would you personally recommend the os TR or sirio?
for that matter, which pipe too, 5.2mm or 7 mm?
-FP
thanks a bob!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.