Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #5311
Tech Initiate

Anyone tried to the mielke pipe?
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #5312
Tech Apprentice

Are there still FW-05RR owners here?

I just got one but it seems everybody is driving a V1RRR or MTX4.
Ecleftone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:36 PM   #5313
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecleftone
Are there still FW-05RR owners here?

I just got one but it seems everybody is driving a V1RRR or MTX4.
i still got mine here it is

buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 11:42 AM   #5314
Tech Apprentice

I feel some resistance in the drivetrains, and i really want to make it roll freely, what can i do?

Btw, what are the essential mods i got to do to this car. Its already an RR, so, what can i do to make it perform better?

Inititally, i wanted a V1RRR but i dont really want to bother with belts, so i chose the 05rr over a v1rrr. I really want to make my car race worthy although i know the new cars are really good, (v1rrr evo wce and mtx 4).
Old 02-02-2007, 11:53 AM   #5315
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

very nice car you have there buboy28!

Unfortunately it looks like nobody likes shaft-driven cars
Old 02-02-2007, 12:05 PM   #5316
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecleftone
I feel some resistance in the drivetrains, and i really want to make it roll freely, what can i do?

Btw, what are the essential mods i got to do to this car. Its already an RR, so, what can i do to make it perform better?

Inititally, i wanted a V1RRR but i dont really want to bother with belts, so i chose the 05rr over a v1rrr. I really want to make my car race worthy although i know the new cars are really good, (v1rrr evo wce and mtx 4).
The biggest difference is to repace the standard Cast Steel Bevel Gears with the costly Machined Steel ones, I put 37T ones in mine and made it a lap faster.
The main reason no one runs this car anymore is spares supply, and the fact that Belt cars are better if racing with Foam tyres (hence why I now run a Team Magic G4S), but if I were to do a major meeting with Rubbers then I would use the FW05RR as it is less nervous to drive it fast.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #5317
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceiver
very nice car you have there buboy28!

Unfortunately it looks like nobody likes shaft-driven cars
thanks, i think you are right for i have not seen any new shaft driven car this year from any of the manufacturers too bad but i will still keep this car
Old 02-02-2007, 05:20 PM   #5318
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
The biggest difference is to repace the standard Cast Steel Bevel Gears with the costly Machined Steel ones, I put 37T ones in mine and made it a lap faster.
The main reason no one runs this car anymore is spares supply, and the fact that Belt cars are better if racing with Foam tyres (hence why I now run a Team Magic G4S), but if I were to do a major meeting with Rubbers then I would use the FW05RR as it is less nervous to drive it fast.
i've also done that replacing the standard bevel gers with the machined steel ones it is pricey but worth every penny for it
Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 PM   #5319
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
whats up NiMo!! I wish that i still had my FW05R, im in the process of trying to locate one! maybe a center Kawahara conversion too!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:44 AM   #5320
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
whats up NiMo!! I wish that i still had my FW05R, im in the process of trying to locate one! maybe a center Kawahara conversion too!!
I gave up with Kawahara's central conversion after 3 drive cups snapped by the grub screw, But what is a very good hop up is this 3racing center gearbox, it cured all the braking problems like overheating and the dreaded spilt fuel on pads, the reason being that the pads are lifted to the top of the gearbox.

I'm currently taking a break from racing since being taken out big time by our local T-bone expert, car is badly damaged (chassis, pipe, complete rear corner, shell) and I have lost interest in repairing it.
Bring back the days when racing was fun
Old 02-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #5321
Tech Initiate

I love the center 3-racing bulkhead. It makes adjucting the gear timing so much easier!
Old 02-04-2007, 10:02 AM   #5322
Tech Apprentice

Aside from the steel gears, what else should i change?

I want to upgrade in phases, so it goes easy on my pockets. Im surprised that there's no further upgrades to this car. I suppose the manufacturers have stopped looking at shaft driven cars already.

With Xray coming up with NT1, i think Mugen, Kyosho shall concentrate alot on the belt driven cars.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:10 AM   #5323
Tech Master

If you want more power on steering then use the RRR 1 front hubs
Old 02-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #5324
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
I gave up with Kawahara's central conversion after 3 drive cups snapped by the grub screw, But what is a very good hop up is this 3racing center gearbox, it cured all the braking problems like overheating and the dreaded spilt fuel on pads, the reason being that the pads are lifted to the top of the gearbox.

I'm currently taking a break from racing since being taken out big time by our local T-bone expert, car is badly damaged (chassis, pipe, complete rear corner, shell) and I have lost interest in repairing it.
Bring back the days when racing was fun
sorry to hear that!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:20 AM   #5325
Tech Apprentice

I need to ask a ques, i know the FW05rr needs to use a different type of starter box to accomodate its engine placement. What about using a handheld starter?

From the looks of my engine, can it support a roto-start? I dont suppose so right? There's nothing to poke the rotostart into. But the previous owner mentioned that he used a handheld starter. Is there a handheld starter other than sth similar to rotostart that i do not know of?
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho FW-05R-n80233.jpg   Kyosho FW-05R-n80234.jpg