R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-24-2005, 08:42 PM   #5026
Tech Regular

Default R/RR comparison

Ok. Time for a breather, folks. Enough of the xRRR and FWxRR comparisons.

Being relatively new to nitro and the FW-05RR being my first ever brand new nitro kit, I find myself asking or being asked this question: What's difference between the FW-05R and the FW-05RR?

Your feedbacks would be a great help in distributing this knowledge.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:14 PM   #5027

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

my car was a 05R and is a RR now. the difference?

Better steering. it has new front hubs, new rear hubs, and a new front upper A Arm mounting method. and because of that the radio tray gets replaced.

other than that, I dont think much else is different.

It just makes it's steering more crisp I think.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:03 AM   #5028
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg
my car was a 05R and is a RR now. the difference?

Better steering. it has new front hubs, new rear hubs, and a new front upper A Arm mounting method. and because of that the radio tray gets replaced.

other than that, I dont think much else is different.

It just makes it's steering more crisp I think.
you forgot to mention the VZ004C rear lower suspension arms
they have a deeper hole so the pillow ball can be screwed in further, and also the rear upper suspension arms that can have bearings in them for a smoother action.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 02:23 AM   #5029
Tech Adept

I upgraded my RR to 37T ring gears ....APP02 Break pads...top gearing....OS TZ 05 engine with a JPL pipe.

Now Since I have put in the top gearing the max on the spec sheet. with 37T ring gears would it cause some problems or is it ok. Do i need to keep anything in mind ? what could go wrong...

ZiiZo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:34 AM   #5030
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
I upgraded my RR to 37T ring gears ....APP02 Break pads...top gearing....OS TZ 05 engine with a JPL pipe.

Now Since I have put in the top gearing the max on the spec sheet. with 37T ring gears would it cause some problems or is it ok. Do i need to keep anything in mind ? what could go wrong...

ZiiZo
37T ring gears are the correct gears for the car, you can now play around with your gearing as you could well find you do not need the maximum size.
Even with the Kyosho GS15R Pull-Start on a 155ft main straight I used the default 21/26 pinions and it did not rev out (did with 25).
I have yet to use my 23 & 28 pinions as I cant find a track big enough.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:29 PM   #5031
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
fw-05r suspension arms...?

Are the fw-05r suspension arms (front and rear) same as the v-one series. where can I get spare suspension arms for this kit? I looked at RCMart and they dont have any for the fw-05 series but I see they have some for the v-one series. please help!?!

Anthony
Old 08-26-2005, 04:24 PM   #5032
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozauta619
Are the fw-05r suspension arms (front and rear) same as the v-one series. where can I get spare suspension arms for this kit? I looked at RCMart and they dont have any for the fw-05 series but I see they have some for the v-one series. please help!?!

Anthony
VZ004 ( /B/C) will fit V-one (not RRR/S3) and FW05 all models.
FW05 fronts are made for FW05 only.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #5033
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
37T ring gears are the correct gears for the car, you can now play around with your gearing as you could well find you do not need the maximum size.
Even with the Kyosho GS15R Pull-Start on a 155ft main straight I used the default 21/26 pinions and it did not rev out (did with 25).
I have yet to use my 23 & 28 pinions as I cant find a track big enough.
Hi Nimo

Thanks.. just came back from the Parking lot .... and boy ! this car is a rocket now. Infact the power of this engine is so much that the car almost spinsout if you punch the throttle..... gotta be a bit easy on that.

i did couple of full speeds bursts since its a new engine, 6tank... kept the temps at around 103C only... I think i can take this engine to a freaking 125 or so....if i am not mistaken- wanna see how much speed it would do then.
Only wish if it could take up a 1/8 th stock serpent ? if it did then it will be bit fun with the 1/8th new bies !

hopefully will update once i visit the LRT.

ZiiZO
Old 08-27-2005, 12:40 AM   #5034
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad
Default FW05RR

Check this out. I'm selling it for a friend
Old 08-27-2005, 01:14 AM   #5035
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi Nimo

Thanks.. just came back from the Parking lot .... and boy ! this car is a rocket now. Infact the power of this engine is so much that the car almost spinsout if you punch the throttle..... gotta be a bit easy on that.

i did couple of full speeds bursts since its a new engine, 6tank... kept the temps at around 103C only... I think i can take this engine to a freaking 125 or so....if i am not mistaken- wanna see how much speed it would do then.
Only wish if it could take up a 1/8 th stock serpent ? if it did then it will be bit fun with the 1/8th new bies !

hopefully will update once i visit the LRT.

ZiiZO
Sounds like you need to fit a stiffer rear roll bar. This is to prevent the rear corner from squatting under power which in turn prevents the lift of the opposite font corner losing you front drive.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:53 AM   #5036
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
Sounds like you need to fit a stiffer rear roll bar. This is to prevent the rear corner from squatting under power which in turn prevents the lift of the opposite font corner losing you front drive.
I dont have/use any roll bars in the rear and front...both are removed to give me more grip since we have a really sandy track ! The boys at the track do this...... is this ok or should i use lighter bars ?? which one is lighter ? is it possible to give me that no.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:36 PM   #5037
Tech Champion

Quote:
I dont have/use any roll bars in the rear and front...both are removed to give me more grip since we have a really sandy track ! The boys at the track do this...... is this ok or should i use lighter bars ?? which one is lighter ? is it possible to give me that no.
Me neither.... I don't use front and rear anti roll bars. I don't need them and it shaves some weight.

What oil weight do you use uaerc ? 40W ? 70W ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:07 AM   #5038
Tech Fanatic

Charge Pipe

I'm trying to sell the Charge pipe locally in the bay area if outside buyer is interested they have to pay for shipping. This is a brand new in the box never been used Kyosho FW-05R in-line muffler set with a 6mm tip from Charge. The pipe is made for a .12 rear exhaust. This pipe is rare here in the US and its very hard to get. This pipe is only avaiable overseas. I got this pipe overseas when I was on vacation. I just recently sold my Kyosho FW-05R on here. This pipe never touch any fuel or been mount. Sorry no trades.

Please note this is pipe for a ride side exhaust.

I'm asking $75 shipped.

Pictures:

Aluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #5039

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

my local track just canceled the season early because racer numbers were too low.

Fucking hell. Seems as if Nitro Sedan is going the way of CAN-AM racing, just too expensive, with no rules to put a limit to the spending people do. That sucks.
Old 08-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #5040
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg
my local track just canceled the season early because racer numbers were too low.

Fucking hell. Seems as if Nitro Sedan is going the way of CAN-AM racing, just too expensive, with no rules to put a limit to the spending people do. That sucks.
Entries for the UK National Foam series last year was low as they were allowed to use any shell and any .12 motor, this year only 4-door Touring shells and 3-port .12 motors are allowed resulting in some meetings being overbooked (100+) with drivers on a reserve list.
The down side is the 3-port .12 Rubber series has shrunk to less than half of last years entry.