R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-09-2004, 01:01 PM   #481
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
This is for the guys using the one way front diff.....

I've just put one in my car, checked & adjusted tweak and droop etc etc.

I'm currently using 60wt front shock oil, kit springs etc etc..

I have backed off the brakes to make them less severe, but however gradually I apply them , the car wants to swap ends, and the rear end always slides to the left.

It never did this when running constant 4wd, irrespective how hard I had setup the braking.

the only way I can stop this from happening is to back the brakes off to the point that the car almost has no brakes.

I shudder to think, but could this be something to do with the "shaft drive" torque transfer?

has anybody else experienced this?
This is the trade off of the one-way. I don't know if you driven other cars with a front one-way so you have a point of reference but generally you trade brake for corner speed.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:43 PM   #482
Tech Adept

I've just put one in my car, checked & adjusted tweak and droop etc etc.

I'm currently using 60wt front shock oil, kit springs etc etc..

I have backed off the brakes to make them less severe, but however gradually I apply them , the car wants to swap ends, and the rear end always slides to the left.

It never did this when running constant 4wd, irrespective how hard I had setup the braking.

the only way I can stop this from happening is to back the brakes off to the point that the car almost has no brakes.

I shudder to think, but could this be something to do with the "shaft drive" torque transfer?

Food for thought! I felt that my oneway wasn't going to be worth a damn when I first put it in based on the same problems you described. I tuned the brakes first then at the track I relized that the increased traction of a clean racing surface curied most of my problems. Try your oneway at your local track with good tires and see if this helps out. It did for me. LOL!

coldeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 10:45 PM   #483
Tech Adept

Food for thought! I felt that my oneway wasn't going to be worth a damn when I first put it in based on the same problems you described. I tuned the brakes first then at the track I realized that the increased traction of a clean racing surface cured most of my problems. Try your oneway at your local track with good tires and see if this helps out. It did for me. LOL.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:47 PM   #484
Tech Adept

opps!
Old 02-09-2004, 10:54 PM   #485
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by coldeye
Food for thought! I felt that my oneway wasn't going to be worth a damn when I first put it in based on the same problems you described. I tuned the brakes first then at the track I realized that the increased traction of a clean racing surface cured most of my problems. Try your oneway at your local track with good tires and see if this helps out. It did for me. LOL.
exactly!
that is one of the reasons why people say that one ways should be used on tracks with better/ decent traction. Only there, you can get sufficient braking to slow down the car!
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 03:20 AM   #486
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
1-no torque steer
2-on the tracks tat i run both clockwise n anti clockwise....electronics n pipe hve not fail me yet....only caused by other cars but still intact...tis car is tough
i've driven v1-s,v1-rr, v1-rr evo, mtx3....man i love 05R!!!!!!!
Hi there, what do you mean by torque steer? Thanks.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 06:52 AM   #487
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
:
:
:
:
Hey Lu,

Tried these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 92986 (y400).jpg (29.0 KB, 206 views)
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 12:23 PM   #488
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Gav,

No, but I think they will definitely help the problem.

Quote:
if you have never ran with one way before, the first time running it may be tricky, as you cannot apply as much braking.
Thanks for your advice guys, I have raced on-road electric for many years and I am aware of the driving style required, the biggest problem is that on both the tracks I race on, there is very little traction.

I also managed to adjust my VoneRR to brake without going sideways on these same tracks...
Old 02-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #489
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila
Default First spur-gear stripped

Hi all,.. new to the group,... quite amazed by the amount of posts about FW-05....

my opinions about FW-05 are,...

great car, low CG, great handling, neutral steering, but weaker spur-gear material,... (got mine stripped yesterday, the day i got it on a parking-lot track at the first time) , I've seen some posts about stronger gear material, may I know what's the maker? I desperately need some very strong replacement,.... or is my TR(P)T too strong for the gears? hehe,....

One of my friend got his pinion AND spur stripped at the same time, lucky it didn't happen to me (lucky?!).... I dunno, is it the sandy-dust,.. the engine,....or both,... he's using RB X12 Rody,...

both engines are set for high torque since we're running them on a small size, twisty parking-lot track,...

so what do you guys think?! shall I keep the FW or ....?!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:16 PM   #490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

try to set the pinion n spur gear meshing a bit closer.....mine don't stripped but the amount of the 0.8 gear wear is there. Waiting to see if there a hardened version of the pinions.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:44 PM   #491
Tech Master

Quote:
try to set the pinion n spur gear meshing a bit closer.....mine don't stripped but the amount of the 0.8 gear wear is there. Waiting to see if there a hardened version of the pinions.
first..you need harden ring gears and now you need harden pinions! hopefully kyosho releases a FW05RR which comes with all these goodies
hurhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:46 PM   #492
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by hurhur
first..you need harden ring gears and now you need harden pinions! hopefully kyosho releases a FW05RR which comes with all these goodies
the ring gears are out ...I hve them in my 05R...but the pinions......
Old 02-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #493
Tech Adept

Quote:
the ring gears are out ...I hve them in my 05R...but the pinions......
Hey vones, any harden pinon available locally?
apmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:50 PM   #494
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe Team Active makes aftermarket pinions for the 05

www.active-hobby.com

check em out
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2004, 07:51 PM   #495
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by apmk
Hey vones, any harden pinon available locally?
not yet...not in Singapore.