Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 07:12 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I recommend it, I think it's, and pretty easy to drive and get the hang of. Its also durrable as a cinder block... Ive never seen cars take hits like this one can and not show any damage. hits that would have shattered a NTC3
Old 07-14-2005, 08:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yeah! I know what you mean. I had a NTC3, in my opinion is a good car, but to fragile ! I was hoping on maybe buying a RR and see how it is.

Where in the U.S. can I find it online ?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Hi guys, anyone here with a spare 05RR conversion kit for sale? Or, a spare kyosho 05RR CF upper deck for sale? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:12 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan C Munoz
Yeah! I know what you mean. I had a NTC3, in my opinion is a good car, but to fragile ! I was hoping on maybe buying a RR and see how it is.

www.kyoshoamerica.com call them up and ask to buy one they will sell to you directly. Not bad prices either.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Juan C Munoz

This is the FW05-RRs product home page.
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products..._sponge-e.html

You won't find it in the kyosho america site for some unknown reason. Rumor has it that Kyosho Japan & America are not in good terms and that's why newer products of kyosho aren't in circulation in America.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Tech Regular

Snagged a conversion kit the other day, waiting to get it to put it on...

Looking forward to see how the car improves handeling wise, right now the car seems to be handeling superbly though, can't wait to see what improves.

It's a shame if the rumors are true about the Kyosho distributor disputes (if it's true). Luckly the RR shares some of the crucial parts w/ it's cusin, the RRR, so at least these parts will be available.

havy
Old 07-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by havy
Snagged a conversion kit the other day, waiting to get it to put it on...

Looking forward to see how the car improves handeling wise, right now the car seems to be handeling superbly though, can't wait to see what improves.

It's a shame if the rumors are true about the Kyosho distributor disputes (if it's true). Luckly the RR shares some of the crucial parts w/ it's cusin, the RRR, so at least these parts will be available.

havy
Speaking of parts. Some guy lent us a CVD for kyosho but it won't fit on either my RR or my friend's RRR. I wonder what kit it belongs to. :-/
Old 07-14-2005, 07:29 PM
Tech Regular

I use 3Racing CVDs, easier to find over here. I hope they fit the RR the same.

havy
Old 07-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default i keep breaking front bottom bulkhead ??

hey team

had an awesome run yesterday coming 5th in the a final out of 38 total people runinng gas.

however in the a main i smacked into a car stopping in the back street and i later found that the front bulkhead broke off with the bumper where the droop screws are.

this also happened to me abouth a month ago. what would happen if i ran the car without this part of the bulkhead in ?

is it possible to strengthen this part ? i was thinking about not screwing in the top 2 screws for the bumper to allow some flex ?

what do you guys think ?

thanks
Jhn
Old 07-16-2005, 06:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

mrgs, for rough club racing like that, I run the V-one RR lola lower bumper. It helps with tracks that have boards and with cars that are parked like boards. I wish people would actually call their car dead on the straights more often than not. I also fitted my FW with a RRR upper bumper (stock). It seems a little stronger than the stock 05 bumper brace, but I haven't hit anything to really see how it holds up. It screws on perfect. but I did Dremel it a little so I could access my droop screws easier. Try using longer screw to mount the upper bumper to the bulk head. You can also try the PDub foam bumper for the RRR.
Old 07-17-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Default front one eay bearing removal ?

hey guys

just wante dto know if it was possible to remove the front one way bearings for cleaning ?

if not how do you guys clean them

thanks
John
Old 07-17-2005, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

IF You do make sure you go and finde some Racer's Choise One Way bearing grease.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

mrgsr, try using the G4 bumper set on the FW, it fits in nicely and its a whole lot stronger. Alternatively, if you can find some carbon fibre sheet, try cutting it and reinforced the bulkhead (where the droop screws are mounted). I have seen it being done. Yup, that's the weakest point of the FW, otherwise the car is a tank!

Rgds
Old 07-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Tech Elite

Default stock setup question

hello
i run my fw 05rr stock out of the box. the only change i hve made is swapped the springs back to front to help with my lowere traction track.

the stock setup sheet says 1degree negative camber all round. isnt this very little camber ?

when i ran it with 2 deegrees negative my tyres starte dto cone outward instead of inward ..

i guess a softer rear spring would mean more negative camber ?

can someone please clear this up for me

thank you heaps
Old 07-24-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mrgsr
hello
i run my fw 05rr stock out of the box. the only change i hve made is swapped the springs back to front to help with my lowere traction track.

the stock setup sheet says 1degree negative camber all round. isnt this very little camber ?

when i ran it with 2 deegrees negative my tyres starte dto cone outward instead of inward ..

i guess a softer rear spring would mean more negative camber ?

can someone please clear this up for me

thank you heaps
I wouldn't worry about the stock set up. I'd just adjust the camber based on tire wear--i.e. you probably need more camber.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.