Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Regular

i run the 37's regardles of track size. the car just pulls harder with ther lower gear ratio.
Old 07-05-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

what engine/pipe combo are you using ?

are u using the stock gearing as well ?
Old 07-05-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

mrgsr, ok sorry for not responding sooner to your q's. go like stink! yes good! 37's are the way to go. i run them on a small track and a large track and dont even have to change 1st or 2nd gear just adjust shift point. blade bar has nothing to do with droop. if you need more steering (i hope you dont need that lol) turn it flat. if you need less steering turn it to 45 deg or more if its not enough. if you want push or understeer turn it vertical. you run rubber tyre or foam trye? i run both. rubber for the small track, they use grape soda for traction. works good for rubber tyre. at the big track they use vht and i run foam there. 2 different setups but not much different. mainly rear shocks and springs and adding the antirollbar for the foam. IF your wondering what springs i use, i use the evolva 1/8 stock springs. they are light blue and work great. 30wt front and 50wt rear, black or gold roll bar(depending how much traction) and all the other minor adjustments that are trackside for that particular day. for rubber the rear shocks are all i change and disable the rear roll bar. red evolva front springs on the rear and 40wt oil. both use the inside position on the shock tower.front stays the same and the 2nd position from the outside on the front tower. hope it helps, doug
oops forgot to mention the engine, its a mugen M12 (not a mt) and the rd logics x 12 pipe, good lowend and midrange.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

If anyone is interested I have a fw05rr for sale in the for sale or trade section of this form.
KT
Old 07-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kt racing
If anyone is interested I have a fw05rr for sale in the for sale or trade section of this form.
KT
what are you looking for trade?

by the way 1 have 1 question. amybe this has been answered before.

which is the best? FW-05RR or the V1RRR?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

hi ppl.
im thinking of purchasing a FW-05RR, but im not sure what kit i should buy.
Is the Sirio .12 engine that comes with http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...up_evo5-e.html
any good? or should i just buy the car itself, and then buy a different engine and pipe?

And do you NEED the clutch adjusting tool? or is it just easier with it?

thank you
Old 07-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
what are you looking for trade?

by the way 1 have 1 question. amybe this has been answered before.

which is the best? FW-05RR or the V1RRR?

i think it comes down to ur preference.either u prefer belts or shafts.maybe the v one rrr have lower cg contributed by the laydown throttle servo and other things,but other than that,it is the differences in the drive train system.the suspension is about the same i think.maybe the kyosho drivers noe better than me .as i said,comes down to preference
Old 07-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

well, ive driven shaft and belt EP . Just want to know how the GP belts are doing . how often does the belt need to be change and compare to shaft,
Im refering to the kitt maintainance.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Rookie

what do you guys think about the FW-05RR KYOSHO CUP Edition?
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...oshocup-e.html

is it as good as the "normal" FW-05RR and could I just mount some form tires to it without changing alot of stuff?

hoping to get a quick response
Old 07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Rookie

It looks the same as a normal FW-05RR but has a diff in the front instead of a one-way. Thats the only difference I can see, apart from rubber tyres of course
Old 07-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

So is that good or bad? i guess depends on driving style. is there parts included to go back to one-way if I'd like?
and also, it has the "Shimo Racing brand 7075-grade duralumin main chassis" which i believe isnt standard in the other RR's? is that a good thing?
Old 07-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

I am not sure about the chasis but for the one-way it does depend on driving style, If you wanted 1 you could try 3-racing one-way wich cost about USD $20
Old 07-09-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
well, ive driven shaft and belt EP . Just want to know how the GP belts are doing . how often does the belt need to be change and compare to shaft,
Im refering to the kitt maintainance.

hmmm.belts wear rate depends on a couple of factors,type of surface,pulleys,etc.i think if u drive on a permanent track only,u can get at least a year of life from the belt,if not more.but if u drive on parking lot tracks,maybe significantly less.correct me if i'm wrong.i've not driven belt cars before
Old 07-09-2005, 09:27 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At my local track the R and RR's are taking off with popularity. Most people like them more than the V One series at the track we run at it seems.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by omni
what do you guys think about the FW-05RR KYOSHO CUP Edition?
http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products...oshocup-e.html

is it as good as the "normal" FW-05RR and could I just mount some form tires to it without changing alot of stuff?

hoping to get a quick response
Looks to only have a standard clutch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.