R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-24-2005, 03:30 AM   #4831
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanji
Have U guys ever order from RC-Mushroom.com??? They seem to have lot of hop-up parts. How is there shipping charge?
i've just ordered from them and no problem regarding deliveries nice service too
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:35 AM   #4832
Tech Adept

aussie racer

Check some pages back on this thread there are two posts on the part nos!

I dont think its available anymore......?? Kyosho stopped making them and started selling the kits.
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 03:37 AM   #4833
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
If I don't find a cure the radio clitch problem soon with the RRR I will be comin back to the trusty old FW05.
glitch ? what glitch ? what RX you using did u try a PCM ?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:53 AM   #4834
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie racer
Hi can any one tell me what comes in the conversion kit for the fw05rr alsio the conversion kit for the rear and one for the front,,,? what do they include or has anyone got pics...............?????????
There is not a conversion available any longer.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 11:11 AM   #4835
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
glitch ? what glitch ? what RX you using did u try a PCM ?
I've been running a KO Esprit II, but over recent months I have suspected radio glitches with it in the FW05 and now can only run that car with a Futaba RX.
Now in the RRR I can do runs alone and with a handful of others with no problems, but come race day I get occational glitches that applies full power, I have replaced and re-routed everything, even switched between 27mhz and 40mhz, and even with a borrowed KO it still happens.
Most of those I'm racing with now run the Sanwa Super Exzes which has a longer TX aerial, so I now have one I will be putting it in the RRR this weekend. FW05 will stay with the KO TX for now.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005, 02:34 PM   #4836

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ordered some parts from Kyosho America and I have to say I am surprised at how easy and cheap it was. I was expecting a typical rape job like some other companies do if you buy direct.

Makes up nicely for tower not having anything.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:38 PM   #4837
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
There is not a conversion available any longer.
I think Aussie Racer is reffering to the Kawahara conversion not the Fw-05RR conversion, I am not sure myself what is included but know that I want to get the Center conversion wich has front 17 & 45T and the rear 17&46T ring gear set.

Nathan
twitchki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:00 AM   #4838
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default front spool question?

hey guys

im about to order a front spool for my fw-05rr and i just wanted to know if i had to order anything else with it to make it work ? eg: different dogbones or outdrives ?

does anyone have the part number for this as well ?

thanks heaps
John
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:53 AM   #4839
Tech Regular

If you already have a front differential and are getting the one from 3racing or Kyosho you won't need anything
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 05:57 AM   #4840
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3434
If you already have a front differential and are getting the one from 3racing or Kyosho you won't need anything

Hello

i dont have a front diff case as i was using a front one way.

i would much prefer go with the kyosho brand but how is the 3 racing one ?
Old 06-25-2005, 08:34 AM   #4841
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
I've been running a KO Esprit II, but over recent months I have suspected radio glitches with it in the FW05 and now can only run that car with a Futaba RX.
Now in the RRR I can do runs alone and with a handful of others with no problems, but come race day I get occational glitches that applies full power, I have replaced and re-routed everything, even switched between 27mhz and 40mhz, and even with a borrowed KO it still happens.
Most of those I'm racing with now run the Sanwa Super Exzes which has a longer TX aerial, so I now have one I will be putting it in the RRR this weekend. FW05 will stay with the KO TX for now.
Nimo

I was using a fm Rx with my 3pk and my car would become glitchy at times...I changed to HRS and its gone.

I think you need to try a HRS or PCM, to check it out. Sometimes if there are too many freq. around then FM radios usually picks up signals. Like the other day one of the guys was using a FM crystal and the other was on AM crystal still they had major glitch problems..

if you rerouted everything, there less likely chances of any wire leakage or something.

Now my RRR is awaiting a spektrum and my Fwo5RR is got the HRS, RRR is gr8 in turns but the RR lacks the quick turning as in the RRR, was thinking of the option part VSW 016 i think with 3 diff. ackerman's so may be that would increase the turnin.

ZiiZo
Old 06-26-2005, 07:31 AM   #4842
Tech Elite

Default thanks for all your setup help - here goes....

hey team
just wanted to thank everyone for all there help the past couple of weeks in trying to help me fix my rear end no traction problem.

we had our winter nationals this weekend and yes i did crap
wet weather and not being prepared to race in the wet was half my problem. ive never raced in the wet or on rubbers before so it was very hard to adapt.

by the time the 3rd heat came the sun was out and the track was dry but still very cold. i ran the cars stock setup but swapped the springs so that i had black on the rear and the gold up front, i also moved up to 37 shore all round tyres. the cars rear was still loose till the traction came up and then it was a screamer i did a few awesome quick laps but then hit a barried and broke a front dogbone, then broke another front dogbone in my final.

has anyone else had a problem with breaking dogbones ?

im pretty sure with a spool in the front i would have done much better, the track was very short and tight turns.

thanks
john
Old 06-26-2005, 08:49 PM   #4843
Tech Regular

ahh yes grasshopper, spool makes car go like stink! have tried this method of traction management. makes a$$ not so loose! sometime will post pic of my spool. it special cookie. digi cam not so special. also had problem breaking universals. we have hard 2X4 barriers on the track i was racing on but since i use a spool for both rubber and foam and a different track all together i have not had a problem yet. make sure you shim the uni's or bones far enough in that they dont get ejected in a crash.
rc.hackmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:31 PM   #4844
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc.hackmaster
make sure you shim the uni's or bones far enough in that they dont get ejected in a crash.
how do you shim the dogbones ?

are you saying the spool makes the car go like stink? is this good or bad
haha
Old 06-27-2005, 01:06 AM   #4845
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to buboy28 Send a message via Yahoo to buboy28
Arrow GEARING

HI, WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO CHANGE THE STOCK GEARING BOTH SPUR AND PINION IF I CHANGED MY RING GEAR FROM 40T TO 39T, THANKS
buboy28 is offline   Reply With Quote