R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-21-2005, 12:30 AM   #4816
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Actually a looser rear diff will help the rear from kicking out on low-trac tracks.
Hi kidDynomite! i agree.. i was actually suggesting thicker diff oil since i noted that he was running on a good traction tracks..

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
using a thicker diff oil in the rear might help..
OrAnGe PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:59 AM   #4817
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi kidDynomite! i agree.. i was actually suggesting thicker diff oil since i noted that he was running on a good traction tracks..

cheers!
Agreed..Tested
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 03:14 PM   #4818
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg
WTF is the deal with everyone selling off the RR's!?
Not me, I love this car, really easy to set-up, and Cardan power!!! Low maintenace.

Havy
havy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:39 PM   #4819
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
I know, but I guess when mrgsr said sometimes "the track is just below good", that to me would suggest that it is often low-traction. And if everyone else is running 40s, to me that would probably mean medium traction. Everyone has a different opinion on what traction is like on some club racing tracks. Like you mentioned, he may even be running a one-way on a really tight and small track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgsr
are there any tips you guys can offer ? the fast guys at my track are using 40 shore tyres all round with awesome grip .. my car is very taily on 40 shore tyres.
What motor are you running? You mentioned on-power rear traction. You may need to feather you trigger finger a little or loosen the clutch spring nut. I had this problem with my V-One and a new Sirio Evo 3. The motor has so much low-end torque compared to my older Sirio, that it was very easy to break the rear end loose on power. I went from 7k to 5k in the rear diff, loosen the clutch, and richened the low-end 1hr. All was better. But I still needed to adjust my driving style more than anything. It's better to manage the power than be over powered.

I would suggest to try to go back to the stock RR settings, except for lighter rear diff oil and 38 shore all around (if you were running 35s in the rear, they wear way faster than the fronts which will also make the rear end swing out on power). And start testing from there.

Then mess with the droop. Since the foams are always changing size, I usually measure droop over ride height during qualifiers and try different settings 0.5mm at a time (I find that 2 to 2.5mm of droop over ride height is best for any situation F & R). Then I go with the best setting for the Main. You may want to try running more rear toe-in. One change at a time so you'll learn what's best for your driving style.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 PM   #4820
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Quote:
I know, but I guess when mrgsr said sometimes.

Hey dude thanks heaps for that info. I guess i am a little throttle finger happy at times

I am running an OS TR R Spec and yeh these engines are known for having huge torque. I am using the stock setting for the clutch nut so maybe i should unscrew the screw and make the clutch engage sooner.

I ran the car saturday with more front droop and no rear droop and the car handled much better.

would removing the rear sway bar make a difference ? if so what difference will i see ?

This weekend at the nats ill try the 40 front 37 rear tyre setup. Then if that fails ill go the lighter diff oil.
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:35 PM   #4821
Tech Master

Just incase you are having trouble finding parts for your Kyosho here is a link to a map of Shops that carry Kyosho parts. This map is updated every two weeks give or take. CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #4822
Tech Initiate

fastblagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 12:03 AM   #4823
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
I know, but I guess when mrgsr said sometimes "the track is just below good", that to me would suggest that it is often low-traction. And if everyone else is running 40s, to me that would probably mean medium traction. Everyone has a different opinion on what traction is like on some club racing tracks. Like you mentioned, he may even be running a one-way on a really tight and small track.
you're right! everyone has different opinions in the meaning of high/med/low traction tracks.. we use 37s all around and its considered as med. that's why i thought 40s all around (with awesome grip as posted by mrgsr) is somewhere in the high traction category.. but that's just me! isn't 'sometimes' the opposite of 'often'.. no? (just kidding...)
OrAnGe PoWeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 01:43 AM   #4824
Tech Adept

Default hobby shop need with hop up parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Just incase you are having trouble finding parts for your Kyosho here is a link to a map of Shops that carry Kyosho parts. This map is updated every two weeks give or take. CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP
Do you guy have any links to any hobby shop that I can order online?
chumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 05:34 AM   #4825
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clegg
WTF is the deal with everyone selling off the RR's!?
If I don't find a cure the radio clitch problem soon with the RRR I will be comin back to the trusty old FW05.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:06 AM   #4826
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo
If I don't find a cure the radio clitch problem soon with the RRR I will be comin back to the trusty old FW05.
try moving the reveiver to a different spot away from the throttle linckage
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 07:17 AM   #4827
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default FS: Skyline VR12s tuned pipe

hey guys

i know this is not the for sale thread but id like this pipe to go to a fw-05 driver. ive just received my os speed pipe to use with my new os tz engine.

pipe is on ebay

thanks
John

ebay link
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 03:43 PM   #4828
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumanji
Do you guy have any links to any hobby shop that I can order online?
Click here for a dealer locater. This map should have another update by the end of the week.
Airtronics|Kyosho|
Tim Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #4829
Tech Adept

Default Rc-mushroom.com

Have U guys ever order from RC-Mushroom.com??? They seem to have lot of hop-up parts. How is there shipping charge?
chumanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:52 AM   #4830
Tech Addict

Default KAWAHARA

Hi can any one tell me what comes in the conversion kit for the fw05rr alsio the conversion kit for the rear and one for the front,,,? what do they include or has anyone got pics...............?????????
Harris rc batteries
lrp motors,speed passion motors
lrp speedy
AE FT TC5
titanium racing options
aussie racer is offline   Reply With Quote