R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2005, 12:05 AM   #4711
Tech Master
 
BundyMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fujiwara ToFu Shop
Posts: 1,588
Default

Dude, I am not aware if there is ackerman adjustment possibility available on the graphite steering plate?
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 12:28 AM   #4712
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundyMan
Dude, I am not aware if there is ackerman adjustment possibility available on the graphite steering plate?
The new one has 2 positions A&C.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:48 AM   #4713
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion
wouldn't leaving the gears in the diff cause them to wear prematurely and spoil coz there's no lubrication at all with the clay in there?
I wouldn't worry about the wear on those gears. Unless your stuck on the boards alot or hold the wheels on one side of the car when running, they should hardly spin at all. The way its designed they probably don't even spin two revolutions per corner.
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 05:50 PM   #4714
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Thumbs up GOOD Answer

you got it 3434 thats how it works
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #4715
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default hey coldfusion

i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 11:32 PM   #4716
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64
i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:23 AM   #4717
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64
i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
I ran mine with both on the rear, L at the RF an H at the RR, never had an issue with rear end grip (apart from having too much)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 06:55 AM   #4718
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64
i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
get ready for Sunday!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 08:40 AM   #4719
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Pole Position
Posts: 3,173
Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)
Default driving difference with the fw-05rr ??

hey guys

ive sold my fw-05r and just finished building the fw-05rr

i am going to use stock setup the first time i take i t out.
I just wanted to know what are some new things to look for in this car ?

both in the way it drives and any special things about the parts compared to the fw-05r ?

thanks heaps
John
mrgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 02:20 PM   #4720
Tech Adept
 
uaerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UAE
Posts: 236
Post

I actually took out my RR on the track yesterday and it was really dusty....... now what i noticed was, apart from a lot of sand on the track ....... was while entering corners...... i had to really slow down.

I had installed the 92491 springs orange in rear - soft and Yellow in front - Hard. ride height at rear was 7 and front was 6 or so.. to give more grip at turn in. but...... while the car is entering the turn its sort of slipping from the front and not enough turn in ---- though when its slowddown and i hit a little accelerator it turns...which is quite slow.

How do i get the car to have more grip in the frontt...... atleast now the car is not spinning out...... should i use the medium springs ? in front may be its too hard n not too much wieght is trasferinggg....... ?

any suggestionsss ?
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:14 AM   #4721
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
I actually took out my RR on the track yesterday and it was really dusty....... now what i noticed was, apart from a lot of sand on the track ....... was while entering corners...... i had to really slow down.

I had installed the 92491 springs orange in rear - soft and Yellow in front - Hard. ride height at rear was 7 and front was 6 or so.. to give more grip at turn in. but...... while the car is entering the turn its sort of slipping from the front and not enough turn in ---- though when its slowddown and i hit a little accelerator it turns...which is quite slow.

How do i get the car to have more grip in the frontt...... atleast now the car is not spinning out...... should i use the medium springs ? in front may be its too hard n not too much wieght is trasferinggg....... ?

any suggestionsss ?
Try ackerman A. silver spings in front with 40wt - #2 shock tower hole / black springs in rear with 50wt - shocks standing up with black or gold swaybar. Ride height at 5 in front and 6 in back. 2mm of droop over ride height. You can also try black rear springs in front and stand the shocks up more.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #4722
Tech Adept
 
uaerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: UAE
Posts: 236
Default

Kiddynamite......

Thanks for the info.....wouldnt this be the hard setup.. I mean dont we have to put in soft setup when its a dusty / sandy track . aka low traction.

have you tried this on a dusty track. ?

thanks heaps...
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #4723
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaerc
Kiddynamite......

Thanks for the info.....wouldnt this be the hard setup.. I mean dont we have to put in soft setup when its a dusty / sandy track . aka low traction.

have you tried this on a dusty track. ?

thanks heaps...
It actually is a soft set-up. I'm using the 1.0mm x 2 pistons in front. Laying down the shocks in front also softens it up and helps with turn in. My track was the same way the first few weeks of the season. I also used 37 shore all around. The silver springs are pretty light and if you want even lighter, use the black rear springs in front. The stand up shocks in back help to get more steering, same with the thicker rear swaybar. One of the fastest 710 guys at my track wanted to try out my car for kicks and he said it was more dialed than his. He's even thinking of trying to go Kyosho. I'm still experimenting with getting a little more on-power steering, but seeing a sponsored guy drive my car really helped me to dial in my driving style. It's different in the turns than the RRR. But I'm hoping to find a great set-up and this one may be a good starting point for you too. If you come up with something, do share please.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:25 PM   #4724
Tech Master
 
impalabob64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: florida
Posts: 1,464
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to impalabob64
Default hey kiddyno

bobby here ,man lock that frt diff up,with some shoo goo,or serpent cleaning clay.trust me it works perfect.my buddy has 2 rrr ,running solid in frt an i can power steer in to a corner full throttle.
__________________
RoninRc.com
MurnanModifiedMotors
Basher BT-4
impalabob64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #4725
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,179
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalabob64
bobby here ,man lock that frt diff up,with some shoo goo,or serpent cleaning clay.trust me it works perfect.my buddy has 2 rrr ,running solid in frt an i can power steer in to a corner full throttle.
listen to bobby he's got his car dialed!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:17 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net