R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #4276
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,200
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by Buggy Master
hmmm.... with all this positive feedback about the skyline pipe, i think i'll buy it to compare or replace my rd logics turbo 2 outlaw
try you wont be disappointed!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:56 PM   #4277
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Got round to racing with the new 3racing RR SSG top deck and gearbox today and boy! did I have the grip, I felt I could have taking the banking flat (lack of bottle prevented this), Nitro Shoe 38's with a PF Mazda6 was awesome today, even if my face did get burnt from the icy cold wind (wind chill was a good -10c).
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 05:57 PM   #4278
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,419
Default Springs

Dear all, is the kyosho black springs softer than the gold springs?
cow buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:29 PM   #4279
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Springs

Quote:
Originally posted by cow buster
Dear all, is the kyosho black springs softer than the gold springs?
silver = soft, black = medium, gold = hard
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #4280
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Springs

Quote:
Originally posted by cow buster
Dear all, is the kyosho black springs softer than the gold springs?
Not all Uncle Cow... Black front springs are harder than Gold rears. A list of hardness from gold, black and silver springs are as follows...

Front
VZ072-2517 Gold = 863 g/mm (48.3 pounds / inch)
VZ072-3017 Black = 719 g/mm (40.3 pounds / inch)
VZ072-3517 Silver = 617 g/mm (34.6 pounds / inch)

Rear
VZ073-3516 Gold = 493 g/mm (27.6 pounds / inch)
VZ073-4016 Gold = 432 g/mm (24.2 pounds / inch)
VZ073-4516 Gold = 384 g/mm (21.5 pounds / inch)
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:33 PM   #4281
Tech Regular
 
misel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pembalap tanpa tanda jasa...
Posts: 256
Default Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Folks, I've been running the Kyosho 5.2mm black pipe on my FW05RR and have been quite happy with it. It works well and gives me plenty of top end. They only thing I don't like about it is the coupler which is prone to come apart in a crash.

So when it did come apart this afternoon during practice, my friend at the track gave me a Skyline V12 to try. Boy was it an eye opener! I had probably 15-20% more top end with this pipe. I thought my car was fast enough at the straight (Novarossi NS3) and now it's absolutly ballistic! And it's not just the top end, the low end had more power as well! I was surprised that a pipe could make that much of a difference.

By the way, the car was working real good too. I had so much steering I had to turn it down and add toe-in in the rear--something I almost never did with the FW05R.
Hey jeffreylin,

I am running fwo5rr and I've been thinking of getting the rrr too. I will preferably stick with my fw05rr if I can only get it competitive with the rrr.
Do you think your fwo5r with Skyline V12 is competitive with your rrr? You mentioned before that your rrr was faster by 0.2s.

thank's
misel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:44 PM   #4282
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by misel
Hey jeffreylin,

I am running fwo5rr and I've been thinking of getting the rrr too. I will preferably stick with my fw05rr if I can only get it competitive with the rrr.
Do you think your fwo5r with Skyline V12 is competitive with your rrr? You mentioned before that your rrr was faster by 0.2s.

thank's
I think it depends on track condition, one chassis could work better than the other. The pipe gives you more power but it does not help the other aspect of the car. Power is never the problem. A properly set up car with a slow motor will beat a fast but bad handling car almost always.

I was going to switch to the RRR all together but I am keeping both now for different conditions. The 0.2 sec I mentioned was just one time at that particular track. It does not mean the RRR is always faster.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #4283
Tech Regular
 
misel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pembalap tanpa tanda jasa...
Posts: 256
Default Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
I think it depends on track condition, one chassis could work better than the other. The pipe gives you more power but it does not help the other aspect of the car. Power is never the problem. A properly set up car with a slow motor will beat a fast but bad handling car almost always.

I was going to switch to the RRR all together but I am keeping both now for different conditions. The 0.2 sec I mentioned was just one time at that particular track. It does not mean the RRR is always faster.
Sorry, I thought you got so much steering when you used Skyline V12. How did you get so much steering from?
misel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #4284
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by misel
Sorry, I thought you got so much steering when you used Skyline V12. How did you get so much steering from?
WHAT! how do i get steering from a pipe?

i guess i had steering because my car was set up right. perhaps the RR conversion helps too.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:18 PM   #4285
Tech Regular
 
misel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Pembalap tanpa tanda jasa...
Posts: 256
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
WHAT! how do i get steering from a pipe?

i guess i had steering because my car was set up right. perhaps the RR conversion helps too.
Yeah, my bad.
Could you give your latest set up? I know we are running on different track, I just want to try on something and your set up might possibly gives more steering on my car.

My car is getting more and more steering after experimenting with setups, but now I ended up with 35 shore (front) and 37 (rear) tires. My friends said it's a no no to have rear tire at a higher shore. What do you think?

thank's jeffreylin.
misel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #4286
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by misel
Yeah, my bad.
Could you give your latest set up? I know we are running on different track, I just want to try on something and your set up might possibly gives more steering on my car.

My car is getting more and more steering after experimenting with setups, but now I ended up with 35 shore (front) and 37 (rear) tires. My friends said it's a no no to have rear tire at a higher shore. What do you think?

thank's jeffreylin.
I think whatever works good you should stick with it. I think 35F 37R sounds fine.

Here is my latest setup:

Front
500 wt black long
inner most shock mount
2 degree camber
0 degree toe
1mm droop using hudy gauge to the bottom of wheel hub
flat front sway bar
56mm kawahara 37 tire
10 degree caster
ackerman position b
4mm rideheight

Rear:
10k diff
500 wt gold long
inner most shock mount
3.5 degree camber
2 degree toe
6mm droop using hudy gauge to the bottom of wheel hub
black sway bar
56mm kawahara 37 tire
roll center position H
4.5mm rideheight

gears
39T steel ring gear
22/50 27/45
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:42 PM   #4287
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

Race it at Airtronics Jeff! Race Expert too!
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #4288
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by misel
My friends said it's a no no to have rear tire at a higher shore.
Not necessary so... By doing that, you can even make the front and rear tires wear the same which is a good thing.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #4289
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Race it at Airtronics Jeff! Race Expert too!
Maybe, I will probably run both cars and see which works better.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:46 PM   #4290
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,200
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pipe

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
I think whatever works good you should stick with it. I think 35F 37R sounds fine.

Here is my latest setup:

Front
500 wt black long
inner most shock mount
2 degree camber
0 degree toe
1mm droop using hudy gauge to the bottom of wheel hub
flat front sway bar
56mm kawahara 37 tire
10 degree caster
ackerman position b
4mm rideheight

Rear:
10k diff
500 wt gold long
inner most shock mount
3.5 degree camber
2 degree toe
6mm droop using hudy gauge to the bottom of wheel hub
black sway bar
56mm kawahara 37 tire
roll center position H
4.5mm rideheight

gears
39T steel ring gear
22/50 27/45
are you running one-way or diff in the front?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net