R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-30-2005, 08:27 PM   #3856
Tech Master

Thanks alot guys i think it might be the diff oil i have in it

Its the stock oil the RRR comes with 30000?

ill give the car a go on a Large track this weekend and see if the car still tails with 30000 on a large track

If it doesnt then i will have to go down to about 10000-15000 oil for the smaller track

Thanks alot guys again you have helped me alot!
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:22 PM   #3857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

First of all, are you running the 2mm split? That makes a huge difference. As the split starts to go away you will notice an increase in steering. It's most prevelant when the rears are smaller than the front.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 09:39 PM   #3858
Tech Master

Yer i was running the 2mm split

I might invest in an FW05RR and keep my RRR thats really the onlyway that i will see for myself which is better.

Thanks for your help
Old 01-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #3859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I can feel that the car has a tendancy to kick its rear end out a little on acceleration out of a corner. Maybe that is what you are experiencing. If that's the case you'll just have to be smoother with the throttle which will go a long way towards increased durability of the rear outdrives and better fuel milage.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:24 PM   #3860
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guy,

I have been driving the FW05R and switch to the RRR last year, I have some good run with RRR. Recently I have switch it back to the 05RR and I prefer the 05RR more than the RRR as I find maintaining the 05RR is easier.

Anyway the following is some of my experience;

I replace the stock pinons to K-factory hard-coated one and have no problem on the wear rate. However on the RRR, I can only replace the 2nd gear pinon and the 1st pinon will wear pretty fast due to the material.

The rear shock tower of the RRR is pretty weak, I have broke 2 in one race day cos someone just bump onto my car from the rear. Other that that both car are pretty strong.

It's true the RRR is lighter, my 05RR race ready with Titanium pvot balls, screws, Personal Transponder and Shimo Chassis weighted 1760g. But I dun think the 35g will make too much different.

I find the RRR corner faster and get up to speed faster but it is not as stable as the 05RR. Since the 05 transmission is smoother and you can also corner as fast if you can make use of it. The 05RR is easier to drive as it is more stable I can also push the car harder.

However one of the most important observation between the two car is, when the traction is good, the RRR is definately fast but when the traction goes off, the tail can be a little loose. as for the 05RR, it dun seem to affect by the traction that much.

Therefore;
If you want a lighter and faster car - V1RRR
If you want stable and less maintainace car - FW05RR

I also find I have slighty better runtime with my 05, the RRR also have more tune pipes option, and if you plan to run a Sirion engine, goes with the RRR with the sirio pipe, unless Sirio is coming out with a pipe for the fw05.

Lastly the RRR is cheaper than the 05RR cos the steel gear for the o5 is a necessary upgrade.

Last edited by Joehwee; 01-30-2005 at 10:33 PM.
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #3861
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
The rear shock tower of the RRR is pretty weak, I have broke 2 in one race day cos someone just bump onto my car from the rear. Other that that both car are pretty strong.
thats the same problem that i had with my 710,before i switch to the 05R
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:45 PM   #3862
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
thats the same problem that i had with my 710,before i switch to the 05R
Not anymore with the new updated 710 rear shock tower. You should have stayed long enough to try it.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:46 PM   #3863
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Not anymore with the new updated 710 rear shock tower. You should have stayed long enough to try it.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:47 PM   #3864
Super Moderator

Quote:
i cant if my wife found out i bought another car!
Old 01-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #3865
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Better be careful, she might be monitoring this thread!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:49 PM   #3866
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Yeah, so not having 2 cars but a heli and a car at the same time is ok? Nice trick.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 PM   #3867
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Joehwee
Joe, I believe somebody has come out with stronger options already?

Quote:
It's true the RRR is lighter, my 05RR race ready with Titanium pvot balls, screws, Personal Transponder and Shimo Chassis weighted 1760g. But I dun think the 35g will make too much different.
That's including the bodyshell with no fuel I assume...

Quote:
I also find I have slighty better runtime with my 05, the RRR also have more tune pipes option, and if you plan to run a Sirion engine, goes with the RRR with the sirio pipe, unless Sirio is coming out with a pipe for the fw05.
Surely the Sirio engine would be a generic engine for any car and not Kyosho specific, no?
Old 01-30-2005, 11:00 PM   #3868
Tech Master

Quote:
Hi guy,

I have been driving the FW05R and switch to the RRR last year, I have some good run with RRR. Recently I have switch it back to the 05RR and I prefer the 05RR more than the RRR as I find maintaining the 05RR is easier.

Anyway the following is some of my experience;

I replace the stock pinons to K-factory hard-coated one and have no problem on the wear rate. However on the RRR, I can only replace the 2nd gear pinon and the 1st pinon will wear pretty fast due to the material.

I find the RRR corner faster and get up to speed faster but it is not as stable as the 05RR. Since the 05 transmission is smoother and you can also corner as fast if you can make use of it. The 05RR is easier to drive as it is more stable I can also push the car harder.

However one of the most important observation between the two car is, when the traction is good, the RRR is definately fast but when the traction goes off, the tail can be a little loose. as for the 05RR, it dun seem to affect by the traction that much.

Therefore;
If you want a lighter and faster car - V1RRR
If you want stable and less maintainace car - FW05RR

Lastly the RRR is cheaper than the 05RR cos the steel gear for the o5 is a necessary upgrade.
Thanks Joehwee

If i was to go with the FW05RR would you guys think that if it had the Kawahara centre conversion and 1st 22T/ 2nd 27T,28T pinions would it be able to handle a 60-65metre straight? No just handle it but also keep up with the other belt cars? or would the motor get hot and i would need to back off abit?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2005, 11:10 PM   #3869
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by TRAJ
Thanks Joehwee

If i was to go with the FW05RR would you guys think that if it had the Kawahara centre conversion and 1st 22T/ 2nd 27T,28T pinions would it be able to handle a 60-65metre straight? No just handle it but also keep up with the other belt cars? or would the motor get hot and i would need to back off abit?

Thanks
TRAJ, if you really have problems with gearing, go the Mugen Centax clutch route. They have 29T 2nd gear pinion paired up with a 39T crown gears. Plus it's much cheaper than the Kawahara centre conversion route.

But honestly, 60 to 65 m straight is not that huge...
Old 01-30-2005, 11:11 PM   #3870
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yeah, so not having 2 cars but a heli and a car at the same time is ok? Nice trick.
the Heli is leased from my school for instructions, i wish that i could own one my self