R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-12-2005, 02:30 AM   #3616
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!
Send a message via AIM to kyoshoBOY

Quote:
Originally posted by bulletdays
Any Idea about problem in my engine?
hi, would anyone share his idea on this...

i changed my clutch, then after 2-3 runs in the track i tried to start my engine again, starting is normal as it goes to idle the way it is, but i notice that when i rev it the wheels are not moving i tried to rev it for about 5-7 times then it moves, but at first it wont move, i know this is not normal. I remove the plug and notice that there are a lot of unburned fuel inside... i can still run the car with a good performance, im just thinking why the wheels are not moving for several revs after starting.

wonder my Low end mixt is rich or lean, probably not the top end because i can feel it has a good top end with a light trail of smoke.
and i the engine smells different, maybe because of the unburned fuel... am i damaging the engine?

Does anyone have experience this? please i need your ideas...

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like not the engine,if the engine is idling normal and holding its ok,ull know if the engine is lean or reach is while u running ur car after 3-5 laps then check the temp the temp u want to ur is around 220 f to 260 f the most if u want it safe,better check ur clutch again probably the gap on clutch nut is to tight and check ur clutchspring too,re do ur clutch,and the clutchbell should be spinning freely and right gap on clutch shoe.this for 3D clutch.
kyoshoBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:30 AM   #3617
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by wad
Hey Guys, don't you think that if someone wants to start racing, is better to run a pro-kit, since they are stronger, and easier to drive than the RTR's??
I think that if you have a good car with good radio and good servos, the car will be easier to control, then you will learn how to drive faster, since you don't have to work on the car to make it faster, you just have to drive it.
FW-05T, check it out 2 speed, front spool & from what i've been told it outraced serpent710's & mugen's at a local race meeting late last year.
this info is from a reliable source, quote:the car pulls really well out of corners as well as great turn in & the engine is super quik.
this car could easily be upgraded to FW-05rr with out alot of money spent, but why change it, wait till it breaks.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 02:47 AM   #3618
Tech Regular

Location: batang kalokohan! ay kaloocan pala!!diretso ka lang,pag nasaksak ka! bahay na namin yung sa harap!

Is there a race this sunday on revelation for on road?its been a while I haven't played this is my first time to comeback to race again.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 AM   #3619
Tech Adept

Default KyoshoBoy & Opposite Lock

Thanks, i really appreciate it, i will check the clutch again, im using a UM210 clutch. thanks.
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:21 AM   #3620
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi there.........
Hi uaerc ,

Thanks for your first hand advice. Think i might jump to a pro kit. At this point of time, thinking about it.

Any advice if i were to pick up a V one RR Evo, what model of engine would be very stock and less powerful?

Thanks

Cheers!!
dct147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 AM   #3621
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

please dont get the rr evo get the FW-05R if your gonna get a pro kit... the RR evo is outdated now. and the value of it will hit rock bottem. also the FW-05R construction is very straight foward so its very easy to build and maintain and repair!!! please chooose FW-05R you've come this far in your decision your just one step away from the perfect decision.

with an engine choose the OS TR-P 3 port
its a standard motor but will have enough speeds when you want it to. but it is slow in a sense as well. but these motors are good because
1/ easy to tune
2/ life span of these are double compared to others
3/ very reliable (nothing like a old car with a 2 litre engine running with a carbie. its so reliable its like a car with fuel injection)

hope this helps
Old 01-12-2005, 07:14 AM   #3622
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
please dont get the rr evo get the FW-05R if your gonna get a pro kit... the RR evo is outdated now. and the value of it will hit rock bottem. also the FW-05R construction is very straight foward so its very easy to build and maintain and repair!!! please chooose FW-05R you've come this far in your decision your just one step away from the perfect decision.

its a standard motor but will have enough speeds when you want it to. but it is slow in a sense as well. but these motors are good because
1/ easy to tune
3/ very reliable (nothing like a old car with a 2 litre engine running with a carbie. its so reliable its like a car with fuel injection)

hope this helps
10/10 for that presentation!

I agree dont get the Evo get the FW05R

I loved mine and i miss it so yea, definitely get the Fw over the Evo..
TRAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 09:28 AM   #3623
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Quote:

1/ easy to tune

hope this helps
DCT 147

You have to take our word on this OS engine on tuneability...its really amazing.....you wont believe at a local race...i forgot to put the pressure tube on the tune pipe and the car still ran........not aswell, but ofcourse I had not put the tube on [email protected]! stupid me... anyways.....
I give a 5/5 to this engine OS TR, easy, economical and reliable in hot & humid weathers aswell its just great.

As far as the kit goes..... get the Fwo5R/ RR or the V 1 RRR and forget the evo as said its out dated....
cheers
ziizo
uaerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:53 AM   #3624
Tech Regular

Thumbs up I definitely agree!!

Quote:

1/ easy to tune

hope this helps
That's ryt don't get the rr evo,if u want a belt driven go for d RRR,if u like shaft FW05R/RR.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:52 PM   #3625
Tech Regular

Whooo!!! Thanks so much guys.

FW05R really looks good.

Heard that the V0neRRR has alot of settings to tune. Being a begginner, will it be too complicated for me? as i have VERY VERY little knowledge about all the tuning and stuff. Actually i like the look of belt driven . as for performance, there have been so much debate about them, i guess it`s more or less the same for a beginner like me.

So, conclusion, Pro kit like the FW05R is better than a starter kit like FW 05S or V one ||.

Thanks Guys!!!

Cheers!!
Old 01-12-2005, 01:43 PM   #3626
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by dct147
Whooo!!! Thanks so much guys.

FW05R really looks good.

Heard that the V0neRRR has alot of settings to tune. Being a begginner, will it be too complicated for me? as i have VERY VERY little knowledge about all the tuning and stuff. Actually i like the look of belt driven . as for performance, there have been so much debate about them, i guess it`s more or less the same for a beginner like me.

So, conclusion, Pro kit like the FW05R is better than a starter kit like FW 05S or V one ||.

Thanks Guys!!!

Cheers!!
No problem!anytime!
If u feel like getting a belt driven go for d V1RRR!
Old 01-13-2005, 12:18 AM   #3627
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I think you should get an FW-05S. It should be plenty. However nice it is to have those extra tuning options, like the centax clutch, it also adds confusion and hassle if you don't fully understand them. You want to start off with something user friendly and work you're way up. It's more important to learn how to drive first than to figure out the car.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:50 AM   #3628
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I think you should get an FW-05S. It should be plenty. However nice it is to have those extra tuning options, like the centax clutch, it also adds confusion and hassle if you don't fully understand them. You want to start off with something user friendly and work you're way up. It's more important to learn how to drive first than to figure out the car.
could not agree with you more. a r version is not gonna make you drive faster, if you can't set it up. + you can save your cash now by getting the fw-05s or fw-05t the latter wich comes with front spool & 2 speed. remember you can always buy the FW-05RR conversion kit when you feel comfy with your driving. & the most important thing to remeber is to have fun, otherwise frustration can creep up very fast
Old 01-13-2005, 04:03 AM   #3629
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the advice.

So the tuning of the pro cars are indeed more complicated.

How about the V one S||?

Would that car be just as good to start with?

Cheers!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 04:09 AM   #3630
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dct147
Thanks for all the advice.

So the tuning of the pro cars are indeed more complicated.

How about the V one S||?

Would that car be just as good to start with?

Cheers!!!
yes, but does not come with a 2 speed.