R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #316
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

one more thing this is about helping other people, if you want this car to be sucessfull you should help your fellow racer. That what this board is all about. like it or not
gijoe64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 07:24 PM   #317
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

gijoe64: I had been racing this car for quite a while and have posted most of my experience in building the car in the begining of the thread. Most the guys that have driven the car as far are very pleased with the handling. Maybe this is the reason you don't seem to find much discussion on setting car cos the car just handle out of the box.

If you really need help in setting you car, please ask nicely and I believe most of us are please to help. :sneaky I agree with you that the track in Japan is different cos all the track in the world are different even the same track may require different setup during different day. So please help us to help you by provide some info on the track you are running and problem you are facing in setting your car.

Please remember that setup sheet are there for refrence only, different driver will have a different driving sytle and will require a different setup. What i usually do when I see read a setup sheet is to identify what most of the driver do to their cars, eg. if most of the driver are running lighter oil in the front, that will be my starting point for setting up the front shock. Of cos I will fine tuned my car according to the track and my driving style, but following the majority of the driver setup will be a good starting point.

Anyway I hope you can take what I have written positively. Let me know what you info you require and I will be here to help.
:
Joehwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 07:53 AM   #318
Tech Master

Thanks for the reply. I sorry if I came off strong. I asked a question and I have seen a few other guys ask about TCD diff's
my car has them front and rear I am going to the winter nationals
and I was wondering if I can run a oneway in the front and still use the TCD in the rear. I kind of understand how they work but I just waned some info on this.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:11 AM   #319
Tech Master

Hi Gijoe,

Are you running your FW05R on foam and do you have any ideas what type ans size of the track you will be running - med/large track, technical or high speed, flat or bumpy? Also what oil do you have in your LSD? Lastly, are you beginner?
Old 12-24-2003, 09:17 AM   #320
Tech Master

I will be running on a large smooth track yes foams. I have TCD gears front and rear Heavy oil in the front diff and Light in the rear with the TCD diff's you only use two types of oil they give you
one is light and the other is heavy.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:19 AM   #321
Tech Master

From the pic at the web site for the winter nationals it will be a high speed track I doesn't look techincal.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:22 AM   #322
Tech Master

I drive mostly electric touring this is my first nitro I am a very good driver but I don't know how I am going to fair against nitro
drivers.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:52 AM   #323
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gijoe64
I will be running on a large smooth track yes foams. I have TCD gears front and rear Heavy oil in the front diff and Light in the rear with the TCD diff's you only use two types of oil they give you
one is light and the other is heavy.
Hi, the Black oil that came stock with TCD gears is it heavy or light type? The other 1 is Red in colour, right?
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 11:55 AM   #324
Tech Master

the black is heavy and the red is light
Old 12-24-2003, 11:58 AM   #325
Tech Master

also the springs for this car is anyone using fantom or evolva springs.
Old 12-24-2003, 04:37 PM   #326
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02
Default rear wheel

i need help i put the kit together but the rear wheel i could move it in and out is it suppose to be like that or did i do something wrong?
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 05:00 PM   #327
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: rear wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by mrredrsx02
i need help i put the kit together but the rear wheel i could move it in and out is it suppose to be like that or did i do something wrong?
Yeah, there are a little play on the wheels and you could shim it if you want. Are you using the wheel that came with the kit? I think the foam tire version and the rubber version has different drive shaft or wheel shaft so you might want to check that out.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 06:15 PM   #328
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by gijoe64
the black is heavy and the red is light
Thks.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #329
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: rear wheel

Quote:
Originally posted by mrredrsx02
you must have the foam tire kit and probably didn't put in the spacers between the outside bearing of the rear hub carrier and the axle pin.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 09:22 PM   #330
Tech Master

GIjoe,

First of all you got the LSD/TCD oil mix up, the black oil slightly lighter than the red. I raced buggy so I know the oil in the LSD better, the reason the kyosho release the red oil is becos the black oil don't last, the main different between them is the red oil will last longer and the diff action be more consistent.

Since you will be running on foam in a smooth and none techincal track, the car one-way with LSD can be a little twitchy. However how the car handle will definately depend on your driving and traction. Most of the driver that use one-way will run a heavier rear diff. You can try running 10000wt oil in the LSD, will be more stable but you will loose some steering off power.

I will not encourage you to run LSD front & rear especially with the Black or red oil, the car will have too much steering and will be very difficult to be consistent.