R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-11-2004, 10:13 AM   #3166
Tech Elite

Default 23T pinion

Has anybody here got the 23t first gear pinion? Where can I get it on line.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:17 AM   #3167
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: 23T pinion

Quote:
Originally posted by dameetz
Has anybody here got the 23t first gear pinion? Where can I get it on line.
Here!!!
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKM1&P=Z
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 11:26 AM   #3168
Tech Master

23T pinion?

I was after this at one time but since I fitted the Kyosho one-piece pipe I have started to gear the car down again as it is now overgeared.
With the old pipe I couldn't get much more than 30k, but now it's more like 40k, and the fuel consumption has upt from 6m to 8m with a JP FX T03.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 07:57 PM   #3169
Tech Regular

Hey guys, I know this isn't the best place to post this but if anyone is looking to get a new FW-05R and starter box for it, I have one for sale. Unfortunately, I have to move and don't have time to build it or race so this one has to go.

Sorry about the plug.
nad138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:25 AM   #3170
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: 23T pinion

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.J
Here!!!
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKM1&P=Z
Thanks Marcos
Old 10-12-2004, 11:58 AM   #3171
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to minijosh Send a message via Yahoo to minijosh
My car

Well I have a kyosho car and not sure what it is. It is a nitro with a .12 engine with a tiny exhaust on it. It has a Rally shell so it might be a rtr. It has perfex radio stuff thru-out. All white and pretty. The motor is a GX-12 and it's shaft driven. Any help guys? Not sure if it runs either. What a gift for someone to give to me huh. Sorry for wasting time.

Joshua T
minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:21 PM   #3172
Tech Master

Default Re: My car

Quote:
Originally posted by minijosh
Well I have a kyosho car and not sure what it is. It is a nitro with a .12 engine with a tiny exhaust on it. It has a Rally shell so it might be a rtr. It has perfex radio stuff thru-out. All white and pretty. The motor is a GX-12 and it's shaft driven. Any help guys? Not sure if it runs either. What a gift for someone to give to me huh. Sorry for wasting time.
That'll be a Kyosho Alpha GP model, and with the short exhaust could well be the first model (now on 3rd version).
It is unfortunately only a begginers car and although it can be raced, it will never be a true racer.
It'll be at home in the car parks though.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 04:42 PM   #3173
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default fw pushing

hi all.
ziggy, i tend to agree, ive spent lotsa time and money on my two fw's (ones a kawaharra and the others standared setup, but with RRR front and rear hubs)..ive given up on the fw and if any one want them cheap.. give me a buzz,
ive got the RRR and hoping that this will work for me..i race efra rules,,foams, 3 port, etc..
im not going to buy a mugen..but am starting to get very frustrated with buying kit after kit and still the mugens are better...the mrx4 nitro will be a killer and i can only hope that the rrr is better..rick bartolozzi recomends that i use the RRR and ditch the fw..
mike

Old 10-12-2004, 06:10 PM   #3174
Tech Adept

Mike, that is exactly how i felt with my fw. I have changed to the RRR and I am sure you will not be sorry. I have changed and added nothing, other than gearing changes for track lengths, to the RRR and it is a winner.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 06:17 PM   #3175
Tech Master

Default RRR

rcosmax;
have you ever driven a mugen..the mtx 3 in question,, if so what do you think are the pros and cons of both cars?
mike
Old 10-12-2004, 07:29 PM   #3176
Tech Adept

I have driven my friends mugen ,never owned 1 or raced one just practice. The feeling of the RRR and mugen mtx-3 is very similar. both cars are well balanced and have even handling. I would definately compare the RRR more to a mugen than a Fw-05. My friends muge is relaxing to drive and i get the same feeling from the rrr. The mugen seems to be more fragile though, the RRR sticks close to the tough as nails kyosho quality.

I can only really coment on the RRR as I have never owned a mtx-3. The rrr pros are: fast, agile, evenly balanced, light, tough, relaxing drive, and very easy to set up. So far i have only broken 2 parts a rear shock stay on a nasty roll over(i would have expected something to break on a crash like that) and a lower rear hinge pin on the same crash. after replacing the parts the settings were not out at all. I do know severl guys that drove mugens at my track have switched after driving the RRR.
it is fast. and half the price of a mtx-3 prospect.
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #3177
Tech Master

Default thanks

thanks rcosmax.
im glad to hear what you said and am kinda relieved....didnt want to go to the mugen as i like the smashability of the kyosho...im a car smasher and tend to take 2 cars to any meeting...c the pic of a smash i had this year at the victorian state titles witm my evelution...i would hate to c a mugen after this...
a radio glitch!
mike
this was before the hit..first pic

Last edited by mikecatts; 08-13-2010 at 03:29 PM.
mikecatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #3178
Tech Master

Default Re: fw pushing

Quote:
Originally posted by mikecatts
hi all.
ziggy, i tend to agree, ive spent lotsa time and money on my two fw's (ones a kawaharra and the others standared setup, but with RRR front and rear hubs)..ive given up on the fw and if any one want them cheap.. give me a buzz,
ive got the RRR and hoping that this will work for me..i race efra rules,,foams, 3 port, etc..
im not going to buy a mugen..but am starting to get very frustrated with buying kit after kit and still the mugens are better...the mrx4 nitro will be a killer and i can only hope that the rrr is better..rick bartolozzi recomends that i use the RRR and ditch the fw..
mike

Try running 37 shore tires upfront and true the tire and reduce it by 2mm. That should solve the pushing problem prevalent in the 05R.

Rgds
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #3179
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: fw pushing

Quote:
Originally posted by BundyMan
Try running 37 shore tires upfront and true the tire and reduce it by 2mm. That should solve the pushing problem prevalent in the 05R.
Wouldn't using smaller front tires might make the on power pushing problem worse... Agree that off power steering would help though.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 PM   #3180
Tech Master

With 37 shore upfront (2mm smaller) and 40 Rear, I have minimal pushing problems and plenty of steering
BundyMan is offline   Reply With Quote