R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #286
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Originally posted by poop

-steel bevel gear set 39 and 40T - depends on the kind of track yoou frequent.....my stock ones are still ok after 2 gals of nitro...just make sure you shim it properly n use good quality grease
-universal shafts - good to hve if u race frequently.
-carbon steering plate...stay with the stock ones, unless you want to change the ackermann.
-carbon composite front and rear arms...hmmm hvn't tried it yet but shuld be tougher than stock.
-special main chassis.....must hve...unless you go for the hop up brands...stiffened up the whole car.
-carbon upper plate....change the chassis first b4 u decide...though it looks nice n beats the stock ones.
-carbon shock stay F&R...don't go for it...breaks easily
-light weight 1st gear housing....reduce rotating mass
-and a kyosho tuned silencer (black one)(which one to get? 5.2 or 7.0? or should i get the silver one? what's the difference between the black one and the silver one?)...get the 7.0 mm stinger dia...black or silver...up to you to decide....cos I culd get my hands only on the black one.

vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:07 PM   #287
Tech Elite

Default Re: reply to one way

Quote:
Originally posted by coldeye
Sorry to waste everyones time. I must have needed a few minutes away from the work bench. Found the problem. I kicked one of the pins in my rear drive shaft loose causing the car to only drive off the front wheels. Now I know what the chirp was when I shut it down. Temporary fix. The rear doggies fit great in a pinch, but will order a new rear drive shaft A.S.A.P.

Thanks for hearing me panic with frustration.
welcome to the club....
Old 12-17-2003, 07:13 PM   #288
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
If you have not purchased your FW-05R, make sure you get the 31582 foam tire version. There are 2 foam tire versions, one is 31581B and the other 31582. 31582 is a little more expensive but it comes with front one-way, SP chassis, graphic upper plate. I just got mine and was very suprised and happy to find the SP chassis and the graphic upper plate included.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 07:42 PM   #289
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
If you have not purchased your FW-05R, make sure you get the 31582 foam tire version. There are 2 foam tire versions, one is 31581B and the other 31582. 31582 is a little more expensive but it comes with front one-way, SP chassis, graphic upper plate. I just got mine and was very suprised and happy to find the SP chassis and the graphic upper plate included.
so it's finally out.... lucky you......how much n where did you pay for it?
Old 12-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #290
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
so it's finally out.... lucky you......how much n where did you pay for it?
Directly from the J-land. The car is only 26400 yen but paid 8300 yen for shipping to US and 4200 yen of tax, totals about $365.
Old 12-18-2003, 01:56 AM   #291
Tech Elite

Hi guys, I just got the kit and am about to build it. I have a question about the rear gear diff--how much oil should i put in the case? Should I fill it or fill to a certain level only? The instruction does not say either way. Thanks!
Old 12-18-2003, 06:42 AM   #292
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

just wondering if an OS .12 CV-RX would pop straight into the FW05R? the reason i am asking is because i saw that there are some spare parts that are OS engine specific like: spur gear shaft and flywheel set on the FW05S...would it be like this for the FW05R?
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:47 AM   #293
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
unfortunately i bought mine already but it's not the sponge tyre version. i am actually deciding between buying another one (the sponge tyre one) and selling the rubber tyre version but i cant decide. reason being that i've driven one-ways (electric car) and i find that because braking is not as good, being a nitro (read: much faster ) braking is quite important so maybe it would be easier to drive the non front one way car any advice you all can give me? go with rubber version or front one way version? why? why not?
thanks!
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:16 AM   #294
Tech Addict

Default Harden Gears

ANyone knows if hte harden ring gears out yet??
doctorj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 09:44 AM   #295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi guys, I just got the kit and am about to build it. I have a question about the rear gear diff--how much oil should i put in the case? Should I fill it or fill to a certain level only? The instruction does not say either way. Thanks!
fill it up to the cross pins for the spider gears.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 11:05 AM   #296
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Buggy Master
fill it up to the cross pins for the spider gears.
Thanks Buggy Master. If you are from the 808 state well Mele Kalikimaka to you!
Old 12-18-2003, 01:12 PM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks Buggy Master. If you are from the 808 state well Mele Kalikimaka to you!
merry christmas to you too.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 06:51 PM   #298
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02

can any one help me out after you build the kit you suppose to have extra screw and a couple extra part rigth? did they give enough screw? oh yea on my radio everything is backward as in when i press the gas it break, and when i break it gas and left is rigth, and rigth is left on the steering? how do i fixed it?
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #299
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mrredrsx02
can any one help me out after you build the kit you suppose to have extra screw and a couple extra part rigth? did they give enough screw? oh yea on my radio everything is backward as in when i press the gas it break, and when i break it gas and left is rigth, and rigth is left on the steering? how do i fixed it?
Set your radio to reverse on both throttle & steering. Check your radio manul.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:44 PM   #300
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Originally posted by poop
unfortunately i bought mine already but it's not the sponge tyre version. i am actually deciding between buying another one (the sponge tyre one) and selling the rubber tyre version but i cant decide. reason being that i've driven one-ways (electric car) and i find that because braking is not as good, being a nitro (read: much faster ) braking is quite important so maybe it would be easier to drive the non front one way car any advice you all can give me? go with rubber version or front one way version? why? why not?
thanks!
you can actually swap to sponge tires....just need to get the wide tyres dog bones....for 30 mm tyre.