R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-20-2004, 02:24 AM   #2926
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Chanhonam2k
Hi guys. Just a quick question
a friend of mine want to ask, can the pull start .12 engine fit in the FW 05R?
also can the NovaRossi LS15PS2 fit in the FW 05R ?

thanks
andy
You will need to put spacers under the motor mounts to fit a pull start motor.
If the 15 has the same crankcase size as the 12 then it should fit, but where would you race with a 15?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 06:48 AM   #2927
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Just back from the track running the FW-05M in a comp.

I get 18 laps for the first time in 309.84 and took .7 secs off of my best lap time. 16.29

I won the a final but david Hall (sponsored) lost 2nd gear half way through. We were within 3 secs of the heat times

It goes like a rocket!!!
Hey Ziggy
i tried searching all the pages yet cant find your post that you have posted for the parts needed to convert our FW-05R to FW-05M using mtx-3's rear uprights. Is it possible for you to announce them again please im switching to FW-05M as well

thanks in advance
Old 09-20-2004, 07:39 AM   #2928
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Hey Ziggy
i tried searching all the pages yet cant find your post that you have posted for the parts needed to convert our FW-05R to FW-05M using mtx-3's rear uprights. Is it possible for you to announce them again please im switching to FW-05M as well

thanks in advance
Why not an FW05R3 ?
RRR rear hubs work great, just set it up for minimum camber change and 1.5 degree toe in, same set up works for Foam and Rubber.
Old 09-20-2004, 07:50 AM   #2929
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Why not an FW05R3 ?
RRR rear hubs work great, just set it up for minimum camber change and 1.5 degree toe in, same set up works for Foam and Rubber.
thanks nimo
i actually just found the page! "47" i almost gave up!!! lol
i just hope my supplier can get them! as they ussually order from rc mart only.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:29 AM   #2930
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Re: Pipes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Buggy Master
[B]i never tried the kyosho versions. i was using the os 1031 but now i use the rd logics turbo 2. it woke up my engine from bottom to top.

Could you tell me where you got the rd logics pipe from?
Thanks
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 12:27 PM   #2931
Tech Fanatic

Nimo, I was wondering what sway bar you're running in the back. I'm also running a soft suspension.

You mentioned that you can run less camber in the rear with the new uprights. Do the tires chunk a little more than normal. My track isn't the smoothest on some sections.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:13 PM   #2932
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Nimo, I was wondering what sway bar you're running in the back. I'm also running a soft suspension.

You mentioned that you can run less camber in the rear with the new uprights. Do the tires chunk a little more than normal. My track isn't the smoothest on some sections.
I run the stiffest gold rear bar, and the front bar flat, this allows me to plant the power without a front wheel lifting (or to put it another way - prevents the front from diffing out).

I don't have chunking tire problems, unless I run too many kerbs.
The rear camber is still at 3 degrees, it's the upper arm in the upper hole to reduce camber change.
Have you tried applying 'Fender Mender' to the tire walls?
Old 09-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #2933
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I will be getting one of the RD Turbo II pipes to try out and I will let you know how it compares to the Kyosho 5.2mm pipe.

On a different topic, Jeffrey Lin won the B-Main at the recent Taiwan Kyosho Cup with Kyosho factory drivers also attending the race. Congrats to Jeff! By the way, I told you those 37T gears make a big difference. Now I have to watch out for you when you get back.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 01:48 PM   #2934
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite

How big are you running your tires? Anything above 62mm is prone to chunking. Also what brand tires are you using? Try Mono Tuning tires, the compound has been improved for better grip.

If all that fails, run some CA glue around the tires walls with a Q-tip although it will take away some side bite.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:18 PM   #2935
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I will be getting one of the RD Turbo II pipes to try out and I will let you know how it compares to the Kyosho 5.2mm pipe.

On a different topic, Jeffrey Lin won the B-Main at the recent Taiwan Kyosho Cup with Kyosho factory drivers also attending the race. Congrats to Jeff! By the way, I told you those 37T gears make a big difference. Now I have to watch out for you when you get back.
Thanks Peter. Just quick correction, the factory drivers are from Hon Nor, Team Magic, etc. No Kyosho drivers were there. Mr. Ito from HPI was there though. I think he is the designer for the Pro 2, Pro 3, and the Savage.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2004, 05:22 PM   #2936
Tech Rookie

Default Air Filter Question

Hey guys,

I wanted to check if anyone has trouble with their engine overheating due to the air filter blocking the head...or is there a different type of filter that sits lower and exposes the head better...I am pretty sure noting is wrong with the motor or that the fuel tank leaks...checked that.

Thanks
Dieter
KiwiRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:47 AM   #2937
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Pipes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by V1R racer
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Buggy Master
i never tried the kyosho versions. i was using the os 1031 but now i use the rd logics turbo 2. it woke up my engine from bottom to top.

Could you tell me where you got the rd logics pipe from?
Thanks
i got it from ebay but you could purchase it off their website. make sure you get the turbo 2 version.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:50 AM   #2938
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Air Filter Question

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiRacer
Hey guys,

I wanted to check if anyone has trouble with their engine overheating due to the air filter blocking the head...or is there a different type of filter that sits lower and exposes the head better...I am pretty sure noting is wrong with the motor or that the fuel tank leaks...checked that.

Thanks
Dieter
Make sure you rotate the engine cooling head by 90 degrees.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2004, 12:58 AM   #2939
Tech Master

Default Re: Air Filter Question

Quote:
Originally posted by KiwiRacer
Hey guys,

Thanks
Dieter
i wondered about that. on my fw, i use the older version of the motor saver air filter and it does look like it blocks the whole head. i wanted to keep this air filter so i replaced the original nova head with a crazy nut head and temps went down.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:03 AM   #2940
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Pipes

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
What's up Wayne. How's going? i wonder how the rd pipe compares with the kyosho ones. anyone tried both?
what's up jeff. looks like your still doing good with your fw. as for me with the pipes, i don't plan on trying anything else right now. i am very impressed with the turbo 2.