R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-16-2003, 03:22 PM   #271
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by poop
...maybe i should ask the people in the FW-05S thread hahaha
OI ! I just thought that MAYBE there might be someone else on RC Tech that owns one... how very wrong I was !
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:12 PM   #272
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I think it's rare that a stock class requires a side exhaust and pull start engine, perhaps that's why you are not getting much response from people...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:33 PM   #273
Tech Addict

Default Re: exhaust?

Quote:
Originally posted by mrredrsx02
i ok i finally did it i order my kyosho fw-05r and a novarossi rs12s1 engine for the car. i was wondering if you guy can help me out and let me know what kind of exhaust system would go good with the engine and some web site where i could order it. thank

whasssup..

just to let u know, my freind has an 05r the pipe and header is from rd lodgics think it's about $54.00 (rdlodgics.com or .net) the company is rd lodgics get good stuff. good luck

go fo' broke mugen/kyosho till the end
jus4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 07:45 PM   #274
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I ran a modified RD one-piece pipe for this car and found it to have more top end than the one piece. By modified I mean it was cut at the ends and connected with a silicone coupler. I'll try to find out if RD is going to produce this pipe or not.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:12 AM   #275
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by R J M
OI ! I just thought that MAYBE there might be someone else on RC Tech that owns one... how very wrong I was !
lol, sorry mate, just kidding! i didnt know that no one has an FW05S apart from you. i thought that it would actually be more popular than the more expensive 05R for racers of the stock class.
poop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 01:14 AM   #276
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
I think it's rare that a stock class requires a side exhaust and pull start engine, perhaps that's why you are not getting much response from people...
yeah...i think so too. but that's what my club needs so that's what i'll need to get
i guess i'll go surfing around other nitro threads for ideas on a good lower end engines
Old 12-17-2003, 01:14 AM   #277
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

you see, the thing is, the FW05S isn't being "officially" brought into the country...yet...
Sp Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 04:05 AM   #278
Tech Addict

Default shopping list :D

Hi all,

more q's from me again!
seeing that i've just bought my FW05R and it's still at my friends place in Japan, i'm thinking that maybe i should get him to buy me some parts to save on shipping !!!
here's the list:

-steel bevel gear set 39 and 40T (should i get both?heard that the original ones are crap)
-universal shafts
-carbon steering plate
-carbon composite front and rear arms
-special main chassis
-carbon upper plate
-carbon shock stay F&R
-light weight 1st gear housing
-and a kyosho tuned silencer (black one)(which one to get? 5.2 or 7.0? or should i get the silver one? what's the difference between the black one and the silver one?)

now, question is: should i get them or would they be a waste of money? would you be able to tell me what are "must have's" and what are "good to have but not really necessary"?
thanks in advance for your help in deciding my self bought christmas present
Old 12-17-2003, 05:06 AM   #279
Tech Regular

The polished version should definately outlast the black version.

The black color is usually just specialized anodizing, which comes off after time from impacts. The polished one will retain that great reflective color, but will be succeptable to oil residue, which can be prevented if you clean after ever run
tranced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:04 AM   #280
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
lol, sorry mate, just kidding! i didnt know that no one has an FW05S apart from you. i thought that it would actually be more popular than the more expensive 05R for racers of the stock class.
No biggie, poophead ... I'm cool .

Uhhh also, I don't even have an FW-05S yet ... soon will though !
Old 12-17-2003, 06:07 AM   #281
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sp Racer
you see, the thing is, the FW05S isn't being "officially" brought into the country...yet...
Not for those of us that choose to pay double the price we should/can pay !
Old 12-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #282
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Re: shopping list :D

Quote:
Hi all,

more q's from me again!
seeing that i've just bought my FW05R and it's still at my friends place in Japan, i'm thinking that maybe i should get him to buy me some parts to save on shipping !!!
here's the list:

-steel bevel gear set 39 and 40T (should i get both?heard that the original ones are crap)
-universal shafts
-carbon steering plate
-carbon composite front and rear arms
-special main chassis
-carbon upper plate
-carbon shock stay F&R
-light weight 1st gear housing
-and a kyosho tuned silencer (black one)(which one to get? 5.2 or 7.0? or should i get the silver one? what's the difference between the black one and the silver one?)

now, question is: should i get them or would they be a waste of money? would you be able to tell me what are "must have's" and what are "good to have but not really necessary"?
thanks in advance for your help in deciding my self bought christmas present
this is my opinion on what is "must have" from your list:

steel gear set, 39t for bigger track, 40t for smaller track
front universal shafts, rear optional
tuned pipe, not sure what you mean by 5.2 or 7.0, stinger diameter?
the rest i think is not necessary but nice to have. hey christmas present to yourself. why not.

add to list:

optional steering rack with 2 additional ackerman holes

i just finished building my kit, haven't had a chance to run it yet so i don't have first hand experience of its durability. should be ready by this weekends race.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:08 PM   #283
Tech Adept

Default one way

I need some help! I just installed the 3 racing one way in the front and cant seem to get any brakes. I know the front one way is supposed to remove braking from the front wheels, but whats the deal with the rear wheels. I have checked everything I can think of. Even tried to operate the brake lever after adjustment by hand on the bench and still can't get the thing to brake. Not new to the hobby, just new to one ways.

Any help is appreciated!
coldeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #284
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02
Default front one way?

what is the whole purpose of the front one way? if i want to get the front one way shaft do i also have to get the front one way hub?
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2003, 06:43 PM   #285
Tech Adept

Default reply to one way

Sorry to waste everyones time. I must have needed a few minutes away from the work bench. Found the problem. I kicked one of the pins in my rear drive shaft loose causing the car to only drive off the front wheels. Now I know what the chirp was when I shut it down. Temporary fix. The rear doggies fit great in a pinch, but will order a new rear drive shaft A.S.A.P.

Thanks for hearing me panic with frustration.
coldeye is offline   Reply With Quote