R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-26-2004, 07:36 AM   #2716
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Thanks ziggy
Do i have to use optional brake pads with the optional brake disk to get the best performance? the whole brake upgrade kit cost like $60 USD!!! thats alot for little pieces!!!!!
I've just fitted this set to my car.

APP02 BRake Set
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:23 AM   #2717
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ziggy,

The RRR front hubs give you more steering throw. You will not need any other parts to install the front or rear. You will need to narrow the rear slightly as the hubs have more offset than stock. You will find that the car is more planted with the new rear hubs and you can adjust roll center much easier!

Brain,

The APP brake set is best. You get the pads and disc together. I love it, it doesn't wear and only fades if you're REALLY hard on the brakes. I've run 30 min mains with minimal braking and not felt any fade.

Enjoy!
Rick Vessell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:37 AM   #2718
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I see what they did with the hubs. The camber link is too long if you fit the MTX-3 rear hubs. They have angles the hubs in more so the camber link is shorter.
I'm curious now.

As ziggy says, fitting of the MTX-3 rear hubs will mean the upper links need to be shortened quite a bit. At least this is the case with the RR/Evo and I presume is similar with the FW.

This shorter top link is one of the factors that contribute to the increased dynamic camber change, so I now wonder what else might be different to allow the top link to remain essentially unchanged in length.

I initially presumed the lower arms must be longer but cvccsi's pic's seem to show the wheel hex with a 2mm spacer just like the Evo (not familiar with the FW).

If the RRR lower arms are longer, does it mean the RRR has it's lower arm pins closer together - that is, closer together than the RR/Evo?

If that's true, then I expect fitting these arms to the FW will see the car somewhat over 200mm.

If the FW is the correct width using the RRR lower arms, then I suspect there will be less dynamic camber change afforded than with the MTX hubs.

Rereading that, it seems bloody confusing, doesn't it - sorry.
Has anyone actually taken any measurements in order to extract the underlying geometry?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 08:39 AM   #2719
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnySocko
Ziggy,

The RRR front hubs give you more steering throw. You will not need any other parts to install the front or rear. You will need to narrow the rear slightly as the hubs have more offset than stock. You will find that the car is more planted with the new rear hubs and you can adjust roll center much easier!

Enjoy!
Jonny, for the rear, do you mean that shaving down the arm is necessary or turning the pillow balls in closer?

I just got an email from RCModel HK that all my RRR parts are on back order and the rest are on their way.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 09:34 AM   #2720
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

When using the RRR rear hubs on the FW-05R , you need to use the short rear axle, not the one that uses the 2mm spacer between the hex and the hub. If you use the long axle with the 2mm spacer your car will be 200mm or just above with the pillow balls screwed all the way in. Same dogbone just different axle.
ATOMIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:15 AM   #2721
Tech Elite

Hmmm . . .

cvccsi,
What is the length of the RRR lower arm? - dimention "X" in the attached pic.
That is, centre of pin hole to end of arm.
Is it different to the FW/Evo arm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rrr on fw-05-dim.jpg (19.0 KB, 127 views)
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:19 AM   #2722
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Hmmm . . .

cvccsi,
What is the length of the RRR lower arm? - dimention "X" in the attached pic.
That is, centre of pin hole to end of arm.
Is it different to the FW/Evo arm?
Hi,

Actually, that is the FW05R lower arm. I will take the measurement tonight.
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:38 AM   #2723
Tech Addict

Does anyone have the Kawahara front end conversion in the US? I would like to buy a spare for the Nats , new or used.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #2724
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ATOMIC
Does anyone have the Kawahara front end conversion in the US? I would like to buy a spare for the Nats , new or used.
Better get 2, they are made of chocolate!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 03:22 PM   #2725
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Better get 2, they are made of chocolate!

Cheers
Old 08-26-2004, 05:50 PM   #2726
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
When is the Nats? (when do you need it).
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 05:53 PM   #2727
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
When is the Nats? (when do you need it).
Charge him a lot Jeff. He never paid me for translating the first one! Isn't that right Atomic?
KO PROPO Staff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 06:06 PM   #2728
Tech Addict

Jeffreylin- wed or thursday next week, that will be shipped directly to the track. I really would like to find kf-1044 which is the suspension pin holder. If I could find those I would buy a couple.

KO - Sorry , I did not mean to make you use that little brain of yours. LOL You going to the gas nats?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:07 PM   #2729
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
Charge him a lot Jeff. He never paid me for translating the first one! Isn't that right Atomic?
Hey Robert, what are you doing here? Interested in a nitro car?!?! A bunch of us are going to Hesperia this Saturday (racing starts at 4 pm I think)--wanna join us?
Old 08-26-2004, 06:11 PM   #2730
Tech Elite

Quote:
Jeffreylin- wed or thursday next week, that will be shipped directly to the track. I really would like to find kf-1044 which is the suspension pin holder. If I could find those I would buy a couple.

KO - Sorry , I did not mean to make you use that little brain of yours. LOL You going to the gas nats?
Sorry Atomic, I can't get it to you next week. I do have a brand new set that I won't need but it's in Taiwan (I travel there regularly and have a FW05 there as well). I will be going there again a a few weeks and if you still want it then let me know and I will send it to you.