R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2004, 12:30 PM   #2641
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I got some feedback on them. The guy at RC-union tried them and he said they didnt work. The MTX3 are better. He didnt say why!

Cheers
Ziggy, Boner said (V-One RR Thread) that the new 3R's hubs are a good fit. I'm not sure why it wouldn't work as far as handling goes. Maybe they didn't shim it for the right roll height? The 3R has a slightly different suspension geometry to the RR/Evo. So hopefully it just needs a bit of testing for the other chassis'.

NiMo, please keep us posted with your feelings on the new hub's handling. I was just about to buy the Mugen parts, but would rather wait and see if buying a pair of guenuine K parts will save me some money.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 12:40 PM   #2642
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
NiMo, please keep us posted with your feelings on the new hub's handling. I was just about to buy the Mugen parts, but would rather wait and see if buying a pair of guenuine K parts will save me some money.
Give me a couple of weeks to receive / fit and test them.
I have been told there is a problem with the up/down movement with these hubs, so I look forward to the challenge.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 12:10 AM   #2643
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

I ran the 37T ring gears in my car with a 22/27 gear combo. Tons more top end. I can now run my tires small and that's how the car likes it. Bottom end power is still strong. If need be, I can run a FDR lower than the 710 with the Mugen 29 pinion. The drivetrain is friction free now. I was really happy with the setup I have on the car. It's perfect for the new track layout which is not 90ft longer.

This should be on the top of everyone's "to get" list!
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 07:10 AM   #2644
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

ran my car for the first time today but only had 30 mins as it started to rain! car absolutely flies and i havent even dialed it in yet but it seems to stick to the ground very well but not yet handling on rails but not ice skating either!!! so very happy with the car! i find it more agressive as well as its very responsive to steering and throttle!
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:24 AM   #2645
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,201
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I ran the 37T ring gears in my car with a 22/27 gear combo. Tons more top end. I can now run my tires small and that's how the car likes it. Bottom end power is still strong. If need be, I can run a FDR lower than the 710 with the Mugen 29 pinion. The drivetrain is friction free now. I was really happy with the setup I have on the car. It's perfect for the new track layout which is not 90ft longer.

This should be on the top of everyone's "to get" list!
what website did you get the 37's from?
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 08:38 AM   #2646
Tech Elite
 
esham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: racing line - push to the limit
Posts: 2,942
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
ran my car for the first time today but only had 30 mins as it started to rain! car absolutely flies and i havent even dialed it in yet but it seems to stick to the ground very well but not yet handling on rails but not ice skating either!!! so very happy with the car! i find it more agressive as well as its very responsive to steering and throttle!
Brain.. don't mind to share your setup with us?
thank you.
__________________
Kyosho R4/V1RRREvo2/ OSpeed>Nova353T & S/Evo4M>Nova-KeepOnS
Transponder Pokok Cherry- [email protected]
Kelab Peminat Kereta Kawalan Jauh Ipoh, Perak
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:22 PM   #2647
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
what website did you get the 37's from?
Yes, please share the wealth!
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:40 PM   #2648
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Try this site for 37T gear set. The price is ok too.

http://rc-union.com/product_info.php?products_id=1359
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:46 PM   #2649
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cvccsi
Try this site for 37T gear set. The price is ok too.

http://rc-union.com/product_info.php?products_id=1359
Thanks, bro! That looks like a good site ... prices are pretty reasonable with other parts too. Is RCunion in the States?
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:48 PM   #2650
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

I cannot suss this car out!!
normally if you increase the 1st gear the car has a slower launch, right !!
Well I have now gone to the Kawahara 45t diff rings with a 22/50 1st gear and out the box Jaco Nitro Shoes yet the car still launches quicker than an MTX3 and the top end is even faster on the same straight space even though I'm using less revs.
Anyone got the 23T 1st gear Pinion yet? as I can no longer gear up the 1st gear.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:50 PM   #2651
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 629
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Thanks, bro! That looks like a good site ... prices are pretty reasonable with other parts too. Is RCunion in the States?
I am not sure... I think RCunion is a Hong Kong site.
cvccsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:51 PM   #2652
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Thanks, bro! That looks like a good site ... prices are pretty reasonable with other parts too. Is RCunion in the States?
RCunion is in Hong Kong, but the service is fast (usually under 10 days to the UK), site recommended.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 03:56 PM   #2653
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
I cannot suss this car out!!
normally if you increase the 1st gear the car has a slower launch, right !!
Well I have now gone to the Kawahara 45t diff rings with a 22/50 1st gear and out the box Jaco Nitro Shoes yet the car still launches quicker than an MTX3 and the top end is even faster on the same straight space even though I'm using less revs.
Anyone got the 23T 1st gear Pinion yet? as I can no longer gear up the 1st gear.
Yeap ... your car was ballistic today. Faster than my 5-port ... mind you I was using the OS-12TR and you the JP-FX.

Still, I agree with you in that the ratios for the FW05 is very good indeed.
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #2654
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Sow&Steady
Yeap ... your car was ballistic today. Faster than my 5-port ... mind you I was using the OS-12TR and you the JP-FX.

Still, I agree with you in that the ratios for the FW05 is very good indeed.
You didn't see it after you left, I remembered to secure the brake bolt which stopped that dragging brake, boy was it fast then.
(it is always good to remember to use threadlock)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 06:52 PM   #2655
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Brain.. don't mind to share your setup with us?
thank you.
My setup as follows

Front
Front Diff oil - 50,000 using 4 spider gears
front shock oil - 60 wt
front caster - 1 clip in between all gaps
(shock tower and arm, arm and shock brace/bulkhead, bulkhead and arm)
front camber - neg 2.5 deg
front toe out - 1 deg
droop screws screwed all the way out (not touching chassis at all times)
black kit springs (will change to light blue springs today)
shock mount position
- top : lowest hole
- bottom : top hole
front anti-roll bar - Flat
Ride height - 5.5mm
wheel base - 197mm
front foams - 40 shore


Rear
Rear diff - 5,000
rear shocks - 40 wt
rear camber - neg 3.5 deg.
rear toe in - 3 deg
rear springs - gold kit springs (will change to light blue springs today also)
rear droop screws, screwed all the way out.
rear shock mount position
- top : lowest hole
- bottom : bottom hole
Rear sway bar - silver (will change to gold also to see the affect)
Ride height - 5.5mm
wheel base - 198mm
rear foams - 37 shore

I too have the centre kawahara conversion! car feels/rolls very free.

My track is
small-medium / technical
low bite
surface is smooth but not flat.
weather condition right now is starting to hit spring so roughly 16 degree celcious which is roughly 40-45 feriheight (accuse my spelling)
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au

Last edited by BrainTeased; 08-21-2004 at 07:00 PM.
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 08:00 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net