R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-14-2004, 12:58 PM   #2581
Tech Apprentice

Got my FW up and running today take a look at the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo0194.jpg (6.9 KB, 210 views)
V1R racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:14 PM   #2582
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Bobby Flack

For anyone running the 2004 Nationals in Toledo, Josh Cyrul has our setup from the Great Lakes Challenge which was held at the same track.

You can find it at www.CEFX.net under the setup/tips area.

Also if you have any questions about that track feel free to ask.
Bobby Flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:37 PM   #2583
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by V1R racer
Either get yourself a digi camera or a zoom lens for that phone!! LOL...

best of luck tomorrow and the foam nats next week.

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #2584
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by V1R racer
Another V-one racer that has followed me over to the FW05, that makes 6 and counting.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 04:01 PM   #2585
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Another V-one racer that has followed me over to the FW05, that makes 6 and counting.
From what Ziggy is saying, you may need to advice them to get digital cameras too.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:51 AM   #2586
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Flack
For anyone running the 2004 Nationals in Toledo, Josh Cyrul has our setup from the Great Lakes Challenge which was held at the same track.

You can find it at www.CEFX.net under the setup/tips area.

Also if you have any questions about that track feel free to ask.
Thanks. Do you know if he is running the new V1RRR rear? I notice he describe the rear camber link using 2mm shim as opposed to upper or lower mounting hole.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 03:31 AM   #2587
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to madaz

Hi to all, I've spent the last couple of days reading all 87 pages and have liked what I have seen. I will be recieving my car in a couple of days and need some info, I'm new to nitro. Use to race electric offroad so they change should be interesting

Our local club only allows side exhaust engines they can be either pull start or electric but I'll stay with electric start. But the FW requires a SG crank (this is also called a pilot shaft am I correct) so far I am having troube finding a engine .12 with the side exhaust and sg crank, I would prefer to source one in Australia.

If the previous is not possible how would I go about fitting a threaded crank and running a standard 3 shoe clutch if so what would flywheel and mainly what bellhousing would I use

Last question looking at an engine what is the main difference between a sg and threaded crank.

any feedback is much appreciated, sorry if I these are silly questions but I can't find any info about this.
madaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 04:03 AM   #2588
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by madaz
Hi to all, I've spent the last couple of days reading all 87 pages and have liked what I have seen. I will be recieving my car in a couple of days and need some info, I'm new to nitro. Use to race electric offroad so they change should be interesting

Our local club only allows side exhaust engines they can be either pull start or electric but I'll stay with electric start. But the FW requires a SG crank (this is also called a pilot shaft am I correct) so far I am having troube finding a engine .12 with the side exhaust and sg crank, I would prefer to source one in Australia.

If the previous is not possible how would I go about fitting a threaded crank and running a standard 3 shoe clutch if so what would flywheel and mainly what bellhousing would I use

Last question looking at an engine what is the main difference between a sg and threaded crank.

any feedback is much appreciated, sorry if I these are silly questions but I can't find any info about this.
I wonder if you can use some of the FW05S parts to make a pull start work with the FW05R?
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2004, 05:39 AM   #2589
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

i think he also mentioned that he can run a motor without the pull starter but it must be side exhaust.

I believe there is a novarossi CX 12 which is side exhaust and can come with either pull starter or not pull starter. theres one on ebay right now. Why not just get the FW-05S ? saves you alot of money then getting a FW-05R and having to buy an engine as well.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:42 AM   #2590
Tech Master

Also what do you guys run in your steering setup? as in parts. as i just finished building my FW-05S and broke it in the evening but managed to brake a steering plate. (plastic one) would getting the alloy steering plate make the steering assembly more durable? or should i also get the servo saver and all other linked components in alloy as well?
Old 08-15-2004, 05:43 AM   #2591
Tech Rookie

Would his be the part that I need to convert a threaded crank to sg. to run either the centax or std 3 shoe clutch The part is called

Kyosho (#VS059) Pilot Shaft (For 2-Speed)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kyo_vs059.jpg (117.6 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by madaz; 08-15-2004 at 06:02 AM.
Old 08-15-2004, 05:47 AM   #2592
Tech Rookie

I choose the r over the s as I wan't a very capable car as I want to race higher than club meets (seperate engine required again) as for the nova engine that brand is deemed to powerful hence not allowed. If possible I would like a cheap to med priced engine to learn with tuning etc so I don't kill an expensive engine.
Old 08-15-2004, 06:37 AM   #2593
Tech Master

Quote:
Would his be the part that I need to convert a threaded crank to sg. to run either the centax or std 3 shoe clutch The part is called

Kyosho (#VS059) Pilot Shaft (For 2-Speed)
no this is part of a part to convert the FW-05S to run a SG crank engine. But to run SG crank engine you also need to get the 3D clutch assembly. but im confused you want an "R" right? if so you wont need this stuff all you need is to find a .12 SG crank engine with side exhaust but im confused with your club rules as to why only allowing you to run side exhaust but with an SG crank.
Old 08-15-2004, 11:19 AM   #2594
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Thanks. Do you know if he is running the new V1RRR rear? I notice he describe the rear camber link using 2mm shim as opposed to upper or lower mounting hole.
I dunno if its the RRR rear or the MTX-3 but they are the same.

Like this

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 08-15-2004, 11:21 AM   #2595
Tech Master

Josh has the clutch set at 2.6mm as well! What are oters running? I tried 1.8mm today and it was great. Maybe the Siro motor doesnt have any bottom end!

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance