R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-08-2003, 12:08 AM   #241
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by vones
Hmmm....don't quite understand what u mean...like tis....?
pinion gears: 22 (FG) with 25(SG)
spur :50 (FG) with 45 (SG)

then won't u car hve a lot of torque but no top speed?

Just trying to give and point out an example...

I think if the above is wat u mean then running it, is ok...cos with 0.8 module the teeth is finer comparing it with the 1.0 gear module ....tats wat I think.
I know with a 0.8 module gearing it is possible to jump a lot of teeth. What I was trying to find out (I think the same goes for Racing4Evo) is whether you can mix and match the pinions and gears without having to worry about gear meshing.

I'll give an example... With an NTC3, if you need to use 54/50 spurs, you need to use 22/26, 20/24 or even 23/27 pinions. If you use a 54/48 spurs, you can only go with 20/26 or 21/27 pinions without having to tilt your engine to mesh the gearing properly. You need to maintain the same gear spread in the spur as in the pinions. This is because all their 1st gear pinions are not of the same diameter. Likewise their 2nd gear pinions and also their 1st gear and 2nd gear spurs. I think we want to know if we need to follow this convention when changing spurs and pinions on the FW05...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 03:14 AM   #242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I'd just like to add that here in the US I'm having a hard time finding parts. I have to special order everything. From what I've gathered so far, the weak point of this car is the front shock tower and the front bulkhead peice that holds the upper hingepins. I myself have broken the shocktower. Another person with the car has broken that bulkhead part. Solution: graphite shock tower, AE hingepins and the bulkhead brace from an rc10gt.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 10:34 AM   #243
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
I'd just like to add that here in the US I'm having a hard time finding parts. I have to special order everything. From what I've gathered so far, the weak point of this car is the front shock tower and the front bulkhead peice that holds the upper hingepins. I myself have broken the shocktower. Another person with the car has broken that bulkhead part. Solution: graphite shock tower, AE hingepins and the bulkhead brace from an rc10gt.
my advice is tat the graphite shock tower is more prone to breakage...get the stock ones more durable..
graphite less flex....much more brittle..wonder if tats the word to use..
plastic more flex, but not easily broken....
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 12:11 PM   #244
Tech Adept

I have also broke both the front bulkhead and the shock tower. While under normal conditions I believe this car to be bullet proof. The shock tower and front bulkhead I broke were do to a jackass in the pits on my freq. during a full throttle pass down a long straight into a right hander. I expected more damage to be honest. As I said before under normal racing & rubbing conditions we should be fine.

By the way I don't have a scale and I saw some numbers on an early post , Does this car seem heavier than others or is it just me?
coldeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:04 PM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by coldeye
I have also broke both the front bulkhead and the shock tower. While under normal conditions I believe this car to be bullet proof. The shock tower and front bulkhead I broke were do to a jackass in the pits on my freq. during a full throttle pass down a long straight into a right hander. I expected more damage to be honest. As I said before under normal racing & rubbing conditions we should be fine.

By the way I don't have a scale and I saw some numbers on an early post , Does this car seem heavier than others or is it just me?
the car is tough enough, under normal racing conditions...unless someone hits u hard......weight of the car is relatively lighter than V1-RR/R.......another tip use longer screws with locking nut on the shocks so tat ur shocks wuldn't be flying around after an impact.
vones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:41 PM   #246
Tech Elite

Who else in the US? I just heard from the hobby shop that I'll have to wait till January to get parts. Rediculous! All I need is a spur gear.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:52 PM   #247
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Who else in the US? I just heard from the hobby shop that I'll have to wait till January to get parts. Rediculous! All I need is a spur gear.
Can't you mail order from HK? Most of the time they are generally cheaper even with shipping included.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:58 PM   #248
Tech Elite

I thought shipping was pricey, like $20 minimum. Also, I don't know of any overseas websites that have a list of parts for the car online.
Old 12-08-2003, 09:37 PM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

i ordered a few small parts from dinball. i think a paid about $8.00 shipping (registered mail) but it will take a couple of weeks to receive but being the christmas season maybe longer.
Buggy Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 02:19 PM   #250
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02
Default exhaust?

i ok i finally did it i order my kyosho fw-05r and a novarossi rs12s1 engine for the car. i was wondering if you guy can help me out and let me know what kind of exhaust system would go good with the engine and some web site where i could order it. thank
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:02 PM   #251
Tech Initiate

Default Re: exhaust?

Try RDlogics. I am using it anc it looks very good.

You can order from their web site,. www.rdlogics.com

Quote:
Originally posted by mrredrsx02
i ok i finally did it i order my kyosho fw-05r and a novarossi rs12s1 engine for the car. i was wondering if you guy can help me out and let me know what kind of exhaust system would go good with the engine and some web site where i could order it. thank
officeneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 05:21 PM   #252
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: exhaust?

Quote:
Originally posted by officeneed
Try RDlogics. I am using it anc it looks very good.

You can order from their web site,. www.rdlogics.com
Yes, you want the 61235R pipe. Difficult to find on RDLogic's website.

Old 12-11-2003, 04:16 AM   #253
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I finally got the car coming to me from Japan. I got the new 31582 version (with front one-way and foam tires) and also got the Kyosho exhaust kit. Now my question is this--what engine should I get? I thought about getting the OS TR12 but I want to race this car and wonder if that would be competitive. How about the Novarossi NS12S3? The Sirio? The Pixy? I want something that is competitive yet drivable. I race electric now and am new to nitro so any suggestion would be much appreciated.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 01:32 PM   #254
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to mrredrsx02

i was wondering if you guy can give me some site so i can order some hop up for my fw-05r kit. thanx
mrredrsx02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 03:33 PM   #255
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
I finally got the car coming to me from Japan. I got the new 31582 version (with front one-way and foam tires) and also got the Kyosho exhaust kit. Now my question is this--what engine should I get? I thought about getting the OS TR12 but I want to race this car and wonder if that would be competitive. How about the Novarossi NS12S3? The Sirio? The Pixy? I want something that is competitive yet drivable. I race electric now and am new to nitro so any suggestion would be much appreciated.
hi all, i'm in the same boat but i bought the older one with the rubber tyres. was wondering what other parts i would need as i've only bought the chassis kit and nothing else. what are some wear and tear parts that constantly need replacing on the chassis? what other parts should i get whilst i'm still shopping for this car?
thanks in advance for your help!
poop is offline   Reply With Quote