R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #2356
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 59
Default

Yup - they are and others were like
adlawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 09:34 PM   #2357
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,200
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Done 8 full meetings + a few practice days, and they show no sign of wear yet.
thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:17 AM   #2358
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rjl
Don't they sound great under hard braking?
A very distinctive sound under braking.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 09:36 AM   #2359
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

hey guys fixed my steering problem it was because the car came with a alloy (hop up) exhaust stay/mount and was wider in diameter than the orginal plastic one.

New problem!!!
for those of you who have the kawahara center conversion do you guys have free play in your rear driveshaft ? my fronts have free play but my rears seem stiff and everytime i turn the wheels i would hear abit of vibration i think due to the lack of free play in the rear driveshaft.
What i did tonite to the car was i re-oiled my rear diff so i took out the rear drivecup (towards the diff) but i forgot to look at it properly to install it properly but after looking at it and the instructions (in jap) i find myself that its the correct way and that there is no other way around it. Worst thing is i forgot or cant remmeber how it sounded like before i took the diff out!!! but i did add abit of diff oil (10k) inside the ring gear casing just a little well enough to make a puddle with the ring gear sits.
Anyone got any ideas? or is this normal?
Thanks in advance guys
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 12:31 PM   #2360
Tech Fanatic
 
kidDynomite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago
Posts: 928
Default

Brain, I don't have an 05R yet, but doesn't the ZT kit ask that you trim some to the rear arms down for the new universals?
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 05:03 PM   #2361
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
hey guys fixed my steering problem it was because the car came with a alloy (hop up) exhaust stay/mount and was wider in diameter than the orginal plastic one.

New problem!!!
for those of you who have the kawahara center conversion do you guys have free play in your rear driveshaft ? my fronts have free play but my rears seem stiff and everytime i turn the wheels i would hear abit of vibration i think due to the lack of free play in the rear driveshaft.
What i did tonite to the car was i re-oiled my rear diff so i took out the rear drivecup (towards the diff) but i forgot to look at it properly to install it properly but after looking at it and the instructions (in jap) i find myself that its the correct way and that there is no other way around it. Worst thing is i forgot or cant remmeber how it sounded like before i took the diff out!!! but i did add abit of diff oil (10k) inside the ring gear casing just a little well enough to make a puddle with the ring gear sits.
Anyone got any ideas? or is this normal?
Thanks in advance guys
Do not use silicon oil as a lubricant for the crown wheel and pinion, it's not very good as a lube. Use good quality high temp grease for this
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 07:43 PM   #2362
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,697
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default Starter box

What starter box seems to be the best for the fw05r? Could someone give some feed back and maybe post a picture. Thanks
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 08:55 PM   #2363
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

I've heard good things about the Team Magic X5 starter box aka "Trinity X5". You can find it at Tower Hobbies or if you are California, Hobby People. Some of the OFNA guys are using it with the CD3. The Mugen Pro Starter BII box also works really well although you'll have to get creative with your own adapter.



Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:35 PM   #2364
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default Re: Starter box

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
What starter box seems to be the best for the fw05r? Could someone give some feed back and maybe post a picture. Thanks
I have both the XTM one with the built in glow plug adaptor and the X5. The X5 works a lot better.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:40 PM   #2365
Tech Champion
 
Slotmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germantown Maryland
Posts: 5,697
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine
Default starter box

Thanks for the replys
__________________
HOBBYWING NORTH AMERICA /FALCON SEKIDO/ TEKNO RC TEAM/VBC Racing America/VP-PRO RACING TIRES/2010 R.O.A.R. VTA National Champion Driving a T2R PRO/NANO-TECH Batteries Paul Rush
Slotmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 11:37 PM   #2366
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Macau
Posts: 35
Send a message via ICQ to vaspey
Talking starter box

hey guys

do u know where to find a substitution of the starter wheel for Trinity X5, if anyone have a website, please post up, i need it urgently!!!!!! thanks
vaspey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:43 AM   #2367
Tech Master
 
BrainTeased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,342
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by kidDynomite
Brain, I don't have an 05R yet, but doesn't the ZT kit ask that you trim some to the rear arms down for the new universals?
Im not sure as the instructions are in jap and it doesnt show any pic illustrations of shaving the rear arms down. i will have a look at it later. but i've been told not to tighten the rear bulkhead/ring gear case too tightly so ill give that a go later.

Thanks rjl yea i've been told to use teflon grease. do you reakon wheel bearing grease used on real cars work? :P
__________________
www.feralbatteries.com.au
BrainTeased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:34 AM   #2368
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
Im not sure as the instructions are in jap and it doesnt show any pic illustrations of shaving the rear arms down. i will have a look at it later. but i've been told not to tighten the rear bulkhead/ring gear case too tightly so ill give that a go later.

Thanks rjl yea i've been told to use teflon grease. do you reakon wheel bearing grease used on real cars work? :P
DO NOT HAVE THE GEAR CASE LOOSE!!
The diff and gears will move around and stip themselves and destroy the case.

Use something like the Tamiya Molibunum grease on the diff, it's zero drag.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 03:11 PM   #2369
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Back from another day of testing, been trying out some foam tires as I am pushing the new foam touring class at our club.
I tried a number of Touring shells today to see how they performed:
Protoform Vectra - no front end
Protoform Chrysler - unstable
Protoform Dodge - good but not feel comfortable
Protoform Dodge 2.1 - fast but pushes a bit
Protoform Alfa 2.1 - loose rear
Vixen Skyline - good but a bit aggresive
Protoform MG ZS - the best, fast, relaxing, stable and 1sec per lap faster than anything else.

(only change to the car in all tests was the body mounts heights)
(Tires - Nitro Shoes - 26mm 40 front, 30mm 35 rear)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 11:43 PM   #2370
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Back from another day of testing, been trying out some foam tires as I am pushing the new foam touring class at our club.
I tried a number of Touring shells today to see how they performed:
Protoform Vectra - no front end
Protoform Chrysler - unstable
Protoform Dodge - good but not feel comfortable
Protoform Dodge 2.1 - fast but pushes a bit
Protoform Alfa 2.1 - loose rear
Vixen Skyline - good but a bit aggresive
Protoform MG ZS - the best, fast, relaxing, stable and 1sec per lap faster than anything else.

(only change to the car in all tests was the body mounts heights)
(Tires - Nitro Shoes - 26mm 40 front, 30mm 35 rear)
NiMo, also try the Protoform Mazda 6 body. It is the most balanced and stable body I've found thus far. On the foam tire, I will suggest that you try to run the same hardness front and rear. It provide the most balanced handling that way. Finally, I never could get nitro shoes to work for me. Ellegi/Power/Arrow tires works a lot better for me.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:40 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net