R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #2281
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
hey guys im getting my FW-05R soon its been sent already i wanted to get my front diff parts ready so i need your help

Does the foam tyre version with the one way come with the front diff housing?
Also what parts do i need to have my FW-05R ready to run with a front diff? thanks guys!

P.S i went to my local hobby shop today and they showed me a packet which has a crown wheel (silver) and i think 2 small gears is this what i need or do i need the steel big brown gear?
The R kit does notr come with a one way! If you want one try here......http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...55104108062.38
Old 07-24-2004, 01:15 AM   #2282
Tech Master

Quote:
you have to setup the needle settings first as it is no use heating up an engine then spending 2 to 5 mins setting up the needles you set the needles to factory settings so you can start the engine and have it idle. i have no idea what the new jp fx factory settings are. You should of brought the JP FX engine that has been broken in already!
Mine wasnt!!

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:19 AM   #2283
Tech Master

Quote:
hey guys im getting my FW-05R soon its been sent already i wanted to get my front diff parts ready so i need your help

Does the foam tyre version with the one way come with the front diff housing?
Also what parts do i need to have my FW-05R ready to run with a front diff? thanks guys!

P.S i went to my local hobby shop today and they showed me a packet which has a crown wheel (silver) and i think 2 small gears is this what i need or do i need the steel big brown gear?
The silver gars are the ones that come with the kit and are cast steel. A lot of people say these wear out (mine did after 20 mins!) and reccomend you change to the steel machined gears (Brown ones)

My suggestion is change to the centre conversion tat changes the drive ratio and gives you 2 steel machined gears. This fixes the gearing problem that the FW-05 has

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 07-24-2004, 01:21 AM   #2284
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Slotmachine
The R kit does notr come with a one way! If you want one try here......http://integy.automated-shops.com/cg...55104108062.38
No! i was saying i have the foam tyre kit which has the one way and was wondering if this kit came with the casings for the open diff for the front. example. if you buy the mtx-3 kit or RR evo kit you get a front one way diff yet you also get the front diff casing minus the gears. so i was wondering if this also applies to the FW-05R kit which has the one way shimo chassis and carbon upper plate.
sorry if i confused ya guys
cheers
Old 07-24-2004, 01:22 AM   #2285
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Mine wasnt!!

Cheers
but you can get these engines already broken in from factory right? im pretty sure i read it somewhere!
Old 07-24-2004, 01:25 AM   #2286
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
The silver gars are the ones that come with the kit and are cast steel. A lot of people say these wear out (mine did after 20 mins!) and reccomend you change to the steel machined gears (Brown ones)

My suggestion is change to the centre conversion tat changes the drive ratio and gives you 2 steel machined gears. This fixes the gearing problem that the FW-05 has

Cheers
Bingo!!! yes mine FW-05R has the centre conversion done on it! so that means with the oneway diff only one brown big gear for the rear diff? what about the small gears? do they have to be brown as well?
thanks for ya time and input ziggy

cant wait to get the car as its so hard not know what to get without the car infront of ya
Old 07-24-2004, 01:35 AM   #2287
Tech Master

Quote:
you have to setup the needle settings first as it is no use heating up an engine then spending 2 to 5 mins setting up the needles you set the needles to factory settings so you can start the engine and have it idle. i have no idea what the new jp fx factory settings are. You should of brought the JP FX engine that has been broken in already!

My JP FX12 T03 was like any other motor, brand new and needed running in.
It was so tight that I had to turn the tick over up one complete turn to keep it running or it just stalled and locked.
It took 4 tanks before it started to free up.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:40 AM   #2288
Tech Master

Quote:
but you can get these engines already broken in from factory right? im pretty sure i read it somewhere!
I've seen some done by 'Pro-Shop Futaba', but not from the factory.
You can get the lower powered 1hp motor from OS etc already broken in, but not the high powered Euro based motors.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 01:53 AM   #2289
Tech Master

Quote:
Bingo!!! yes mine FW-05R has the centre conversion done on it! so that means with the oneway diff only one brown big gear for the rear diff? what about the small gears? do they have to be brown as well?

cant wait to get the car as its so hard not know what to get without the car infront of ya
The centre conversion changes the bevel gears from 40 to 45/46 and the crown gears to from 13 to 17. Check this is done when you get it. Both gears are machined steel

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 07-24-2004, 01:55 AM   #2290
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

If you have the Kawahara centre conversion you will have overdriven front drive, you would be better to stay with the one way. Make sure your front tyres always remain at least 1.5mm smaller than the rears. The three fastest cars at KROMA last week all had one ways.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:01 AM   #2291
Tech Master

oh so the centre conversion is only the bevel and crown gears (as in pinion and spur gears? on the clutch bell and 2 speed?)

and what if i need to stop really quick !! haha ill give the one way a try! with 30,000 diff oil in the rear and see how i go! but i wouldnt feel to confident with a car that i am not allowed to brake hard with! and if i do put a front diff in what can i do to make good use out of the centre conversion? or what do i do to make the car feel like it has a one way? 50,000 front diff oil should do the trick? or even smaller tyre diameter at the front?
Old 07-24-2004, 02:12 AM   #2292
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
oh so the centre conversion is only the bevel and crown gears (as in pinion and spur gears? on the clutch bell and 2 speed?)

and what if i need to stop really quick !! haha ill give the one way a try! with 30,000 diff oil in the rear and see how i go! but i wouldnt feel to confident with a car that i am not allowed to brake hard with! and if i do put a front diff in what can i do to make good use out of the centre conversion? or what do i do to make the car feel like it has a one way? 50,000 front diff oil should do the trick? or even smaller tyre diameter at the front?
Front one-way 10,000 rear diff oil, set your brakes so that the rear wheels dont lock up but the car slows down without losing rear grip altogether, you'd be surprised how much brake this is. By the end of your first race you'll want more brakes.
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:24 AM   #2293
Tech Master

You will be surprised how much braking you can get just by steering. The car will slow dramatically when you steer so you need to set your speed into the corner and get on the gas as soon as you steer.

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 07-24-2004, 02:25 AM   #2294
Tech Master

Quote:

Use front tyres 2mm smaller than the rear

Cheers

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
Old 07-24-2004, 02:32 AM   #2295
Tech Initiate

what do you think about a fwo5r are they fast and easy to drive or not can you plz tell me what you think about them becase l wont to buy one
Mr-V-One-S is offline   Reply With Quote