R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-13-2004, 02:47 AM   #2131
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
Thanks ziggy. The front overdrive is the next thing i will try. Currently i am using the hardened 39th gears front and rear, but i have an extra 40th hardened gear I will try on the rear diff this weekend. I have been eyeing that mugen conversion but held off when i had heard kyosho was testing new rear hubs. Any word on this or was it just a rumour?
The rear hubs are from the RRR. They will be here in a month or 2. For the correct back action you need a shorter camber link. If you get the 3racing rear shock mount it has an extra camber link hole closer to the hubs. (3 instead of 2 holes)

It was working for me but I broke the carbon stay so changed back to the kit one

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:52 AM   #2132
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
The new arms and hubs will be available when the V-One RRR is realeased. Kyosho drivers are testing the parts right now on thier FW-O5R. I took out my car last Thursday and some idiot decided to switch to my channel without warning which ultimately sent my car straight into the wall at the end of a 160ft straight. My car is demolished now including my Rex ReR 12. I've been too despondent to actually inspect and total up the cost of damage but just from looking at it, it's already +$500.

What really gets me over the top is that this idiot tried to say it wasn't his fault. This stuff is happening more and more often at the track.
There must be a system that can prevent this! I use an non standard channel when at practice just because of this.

How about having an emergency channel that acts on a seperate frequency that will overide all inputs and switch off the receiver allowing the failsafe to kick in.

Come on Futaba!!

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 02:53 AM   #2133
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Racing4Evo
What really gets me over the top is that this idiot tried to say it wasn't his fault. This stuff is happening more and more often at the track.
Sorry to hear of your lost. Did you have a fail safe on your radio installed?
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 08:17 AM   #2134
Tech Fanatic

Default Upcoming Race!

Hello fellow racers! Sunday July 18th marks the first race for The Big Apple Radio Control Automoblile Racers Club! RACERS WHO LIKE TO HAVE A GOOD TIME AT THE TRACK... YOU ARE ALL OFFICIALLY INVITED TO OUR INAUGURAL RACE SUNDAY JULY 18TH!... COME HELP TO 'BREAK-IN' THE BIG APPLE!!! For out-of-towners I will look into the hotels closest to the track and post their info here. THE BIG APPLE 'BREAK-IN RUN'!!! CLASSES TO BE RUN ARE; 1/8TH 4wd OPEN 1/8TH 4wd GTP 200mm 1/10TH TOURING CAR The race will be held at Middlesex County College 2600 Woodbridge Ave Edison, NJ Lot# 6-A. You can use Expedia, Mapquest or Yahoo maps for directions to the race site. Our Web site is still in the works and will include amongst other things directions to our race site. The race will be run by seasoned veteran Mr. Tom Baffer Sr. who has put on more great races than most. We are confident we will have a smooth day. In preperation for the event we will hold our own 'MOCK RACE' prior to the race to test the system's capabilities and assure you a good day of racing. The clubs officers are all working VERY hard to make this and every event we hold a memorable one! EVERYBODY BRING YOUR 'A' GAME OR (as Charlie Williams says) MARINATE!:-) Hope to see you there! Chavo Figueroa Big Apple R/C If you have any questions my e-mail addy is [email protected]
NitroHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:00 PM   #2135
Tech Adept

What really gets me over the top is that this idiot tried to say it wasn't his fault. This stuff is happening more and more often at the track. [/B][/QUOTE]

Damn that sucks! It seems that everytime i go to the track im bitten by someone who does this sort of thing. I really feel for you! Why does it seem to happen when your car is running well too? There have been days when I have been fighting a settup (on my old rs43) and i have considered driving it into the wall myself. Maybe it would be cheaper to buy a new kit? just a thought. Good luck.....
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:23 AM   #2136
Tech Initiate

Send a message via ICQ to vaspey
Default Choosing of Starter box

hi all racers, i'm new to nitro car and an enquiry is that what starter box i need to choose?????

i just tends to have a Trinity X5 starter box that suits FW05R
what do u guys think?

pleased to give me comments!!!!

www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPG5&P=7
vaspey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 10:22 AM   #2137
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Choosing of Starter box

Quote:
Originally posted by vaspey
hi all racers, i'm new to nitro car and an enquiry is that what starter box i need to choose?????

i just tends to have a Trinity X5 starter box that suits FW05R
what do u guys think?

pleased to give me comments!!!!

www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXEPG5&P=7
Very very good! Perfect for the FW-05R. I have one from XTM and the this one and this is much much better.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:24 PM   #2138
Tech Rookie

The kit #(KY31582) is the whole car plus the hop ups, right?

Not just the hop ups, right?

Thanks
K9DoberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 03:39 PM   #2139
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by K9DoberMan
The kit #(KY31582) is the whole car plus the hop ups, right?

Not just the hop ups, right?

Thanks
The whole foam set up kit with one way, upgraded chassis and top deck
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:21 PM   #2140
Tech Rookie

So i will just need, engine, pipe, radio and servos. Right?
K9DoberMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 05:27 PM   #2141
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by K9DoberMan
So i will just need, engine, pipe, radio and servos. Right?
yes!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:46 PM   #2142
Tech Initiate

Default Choosing of Starter box

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Very very good! Perfect for the FW-05R. I have one from XTM and the this one and this is much much better.

Thx jefferylin, i've order one!!!!

I actually have a question on the flywheel assemble to the engine,
the spring nut seems cant screw onto the flywheel nut as shown in the instruction guide and leave 1.5 mm of the flywheel nut out.......I can just screw to a point that 0 mm came out, and cant screw in anymore (my engine is NOVA REX RER12S5)

if u dont know what i'm talking about, just refer to instruction manual step 28, u will see what i want to know!!!!!

any of modellers plz help on this!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-15-2004, 08:57 PM   #2143
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Choosing of Starter box

Quote:
Originally posted by vaspey
Thx jefferylin, i've order one!!!!

I actually have a question on the flywheel assemble to the engine,
the spring nut seems cant screw onto the flywheel nut as shown in the instruction guide and leave 1.5 mm of the flywheel nut out.......I can just screw to a point that 0 mm came out, and cant screw in anymore (my engine is NOVA REX RER12S5)

if u dont know what i'm talking about, just refer to instruction manual step 28, u will see what i want to know!!!!!

any of modellers plz help on this!!!!!!!!!

Check your fly wheel assembly. Something must be wrong. Also, what did you use to tie the spring nut? It's tight and you might need to get a tool for it.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:19 PM   #2144
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Choosing of Starter box

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
Check your fly wheel assembly. Something must be wrong. Also, what did you use to tie the spring nut? It's tight and you might need to get a tool for it.
would u plz tell me how u made to urs????

coz i want to get more information y i cant do that!!!!
i dont believe i cant make it!
please
Old 07-15-2004, 09:46 PM   #2145
Tech Initiate

I tried to assemble again, but really the spring nut cant screw anymore to make a 1.5mm flywheel nut head out

is it the spring nut problem?