R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-01-2004, 09:43 PM   #2011
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
1st gear

6.9 (20/51), 6.57 (21/51), 6.27 (22/51), 6.77 (20/50), 6.44 (21/50) and 6.15 (22/50).

2nd gear

4.98 (25/46), 4.79 (26/46), 4.61 (27/46), 4.45 (28/46), 4.87 (25/45), 4.68 (26/45), 4.51 (27/45) and 4.35 (28/45).
Thanks "D" thats exactlly what i was looking for!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:52 PM   #2012
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

what's up D. it's been so long since you posted here I thought you left the thread. welcome back!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:03 PM   #2013
Tech Prophet
 
InitialD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: MORDOR
Posts: 19,679
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
what's up D. it's been so long since you posted here I thought you left the thread. welcome back!
Long? I have always been "here". Just lurking around.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 11:56 PM   #2014
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 59
Default Kawahara Center Conversion?

Yes ..just finished installing it and I got a question to those who running this set-up....

1. The slop by the new center drive cup....is that normal? Seems like the stock set-up has less slop.

2. Should I put the o-ring back to the center drive cup(Front) or leave it out?

3. Anything on that Japanese installation instruction that I miss...that is very important?


Thanks!
adlawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:05 AM   #2015
Tech Elite
 
Racing4Evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,118
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo
Default

I don't have the Kawahara Center Conversion yet but I did see another racer with it. He did have the o-ring in the front cup and the slop was also there.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #2016
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 59
Default

Thanks Evo!

I have to put that o-ring back then...it's just there's not that much space in there - that is why I decided to leave it out --- again Thanks!
adlawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:34 AM   #2017
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: LRP Nitro Masters 2004 Luxembourg

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
The Kyosho car of teamdriver Takuya Ito from Japan


Takuya Ito finish in 2nd at the LRP Nitro Masters 2004 Luxembourg. From the looks of the picture the car is using all Kyosho parts. I guess the car works good with out using different conversions.
Are they Mugen rear hubs or the new RRR? They look like RR top links. Also the pipe is really short

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance

Last edited by ziggy12345; 07-02-2004 at 03:41 AM.
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:40 AM   #2018
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by adlawoo
Yes ..just finished installing it and I got a question to those who running this set-up....

1. The slop by the new center drive cup....is that normal? Seems like the stock set-up has less slop.

2. Should I put the o-ring back to the center drive cup(Front) or leave it out?

3. Anything on that Japanese installation instruction that I miss...that is very important?


Thanks!
I found the bearing to be loose at the back in the housing. I added a few shim washers to the drive shaft to move the cup forward to remove the slop and still support the bearing.

I also thought the clamp screws that go through the upper deck did not clamp firm enough so replaced them with bolt and nut to be able to tighten the housing down on the bearing without stripping the thread.

Also use good lock tight on the grub screw. Loss of rear drive cost me the C final last race. (I wouldnt have won but didnt even start!)

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 07:09 AM   #2019
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
I found the bearing to be loose at the back in the housing. I added a few shim washers to the drive shaft to move the cup forward to remove the slop and still support the bearing.

I also thought the clamp screws that go through the upper deck did not clamp firm enough so replaced them with bolt and nut to be able to tighten the housing down on the bearing without stripping the thread.

Also use good lock tight on the grub screw. Loss of rear drive cost me the C final last race. (I wouldnt have won but didnt even start!)

Cheers
you got e-mail!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 09:49 AM   #2020
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
3. Anything on that Japanese installation instruction that I miss...that is very important?
The bevel drives are different. One has a groove in it and should only be matched with the right bevel gear (cant remeber which one!)

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 10:35 AM   #2021
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: LRP Nitro Masters 2004 Luxembourg

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Are they Mugen rear hubs or the new RRR? They look like RR top links. Also the pipe is really short

Cheers
i though that they were mugen but i recall Josh Cyrul was testing new rear arms on his FW-05R.
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:35 AM   #2022
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 59
Default Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
The bevel drives are different. One has a groove in it and should only be matched with the right bevel gear (cant remeber which one!)

Cheers
Yup...that one goes to the front diff. How about the those Japanese scripts, by any chance?


Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345


I also thought the clamp screws that go through the upper deck did not clamp firm enough so replaced them with bolt and nut to be able to tighten the housing down on the bearing without stripping the thread.


Cheers
Good idea Zig!! Just wondering how hard would be the install of the nut?? I'm gonna take a look on my car later...probably it is not that hard than I thought....
adlawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #2023
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Just wondering how hard would be the install of the nut??
Already sussed that one (and done it) as I got fed up with stripping the threads in the gearbox case.

Cut down a Hex key to a size that can fit an Hex screw between the chassis and gearbox, then place a hex screw through the bottom, then use the hex key to hold the screw when you fit the nut.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 12:55 PM   #2024
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Already sussed that one (and done it) as I got fed up with stripping the threads in the gearbox case.

Cut down a Hex key to a size that can fit an Hex screw between the chassis and gearbox, then place a hex screw through the bottom, then use the hex key to hold the screw when you fit the nut.
it seem like a lot of work to get the conversion to work!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #2025
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Kawahara Center Conversion?

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
it seem like a lot of work to get the conversion to work!
This is not only on the conversion, it is on the standard kit.
Mainly where the main shaft enters the rear gearbox (bearing area) , it pushes apart under load and has caused two other racers to strip their rear diffs, one of them an out the box FW05S with GS15R and single speed.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net