R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2004, 08:26 PM   #1921
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cyba888
Jeff
The engine your running in Wanban is not modified correct? Will you be going again this Saturday?
It's an off-the-shelf Novarossi NS12S5, but it's plenty fast. I will be going this Saturday and racing Saturday night. Get your car ready!!!
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:34 PM   #1922
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
thanks for the replies. Marcos Which novarossi did you go with?
Also has anyone tried the new jp motors? My tracks all are now carrying the new jp line and they look very nice but I havent seen one run yet. Joehwee had mentioned that he ran the fx 5 port. The reason i ask is those jp engines look to be well modified straight from the factory. Nice porting work, balanced and newly designed hardened crank. I am however a bit unsure of their single needle carb...how is tuning a single needle? It would seem to me that you would never have a really good tune?
Mspeed is ok? My dealer had mentioned that the cranks are not as well trued and ballanced as the europeans and so they will never be as good? Hype?

thanks again.
novarossi/mugen mr-12
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 11:58 PM   #1923
Tech Fanatic
 
Ares17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eastern Singapore
Posts: 938
Default

Hi all...
can anyone tell me what the difference between VSW006(Universal Swing Shaft
(For F/R Rubber Tyre or Front Foam Tyre)
and VSW015(Universal Swing Shaft
for Front Oneway).
Reason I'm asking is I'm now using the VSW006 and I'm thinking of using the front one-way in the near future. Are the 2 swing shafts the same. Can I use the front one way with the VSW006 instead of the VSW015? Thank you.
Ares17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 12:16 AM   #1924
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Ares17
Hi all...
can anyone tell me what the difference between VSW006(Universal Swing Shaft
(For F/R Rubber Tyre or Front Foam Tyre)
and VSW015(Universal Swing Shaft
for Front Oneway).
Reason I'm asking is I'm now using the VSW006 and I'm thinking of using the front one-way in the near future. Are the 2 swing shafts the same. Can I use the front one way with the VSW006 instead of the VSW015? Thank you.
This was confusing to me. I originally purchased the VSW015 since my kit had an one-way. However, the VSW015 was a little short and just barely slid into the out drive. Although I never had it pop out it looked like it would in a big crash. Then I switched to VSW006 and it fitted perfectly. So I'd say yes, it will work.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 02:56 AM   #1925
Tech Fanatic
 
Ares17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Eastern Singapore
Posts: 938
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
This was confusing to me. I originally purchased the VSW015 since my kit had an one-way. However, the VSW015 was a little short and just barely slid into the out drive. Although I never had it pop out it looked like it would in a big crash. Then I switched to VSW006 and it fitted perfectly. So I'd say yes, it will work.
Now, thats a great help bro. I' learning to drive with one way..used to hate them. But when I got the chance to drive my 1/8th the other day and it entered a corner at such blazing speed, I knew I've got to have one of the one way in my fw05r sooner or later....
Ares17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 01:19 PM   #1926
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

I would have liked to say good things about the Halifax meeting but as usual it rained.
I only got 1 dry run so qualified 21st from 80, unfortunately I got punted in to a deep puddle in warm up for the final and the receiver complained, hence only one lap registered in the final.


(picture curtesy of Garry Lions)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 08:11 PM   #1927
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,191
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
I would have liked to say good things about the Halifax meeting but as usual it rained.
I only got 1 dry run so qualified 21st from 80, unfortunately I got punted in to a deep puddle in warm up for the final and the receiver complained, hence only one lap registered in the final.


(picture curtesy of Garry Lions)
now that is die-hard racers!!!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 10:55 PM   #1928
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What kind of exaust works on this car??? Does a regular exaust system work on this car? Probably not with the engine being on the other side?? Car doesn't come with exaust does it? Thanks.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:31 PM   #1929
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
What kind of exaust works on this car??? Does a regular exaust system work on this car? Probably not with the engine being on the other side?? Car doesn't come with exaust does it? Thanks.
Kyosho makes 4 pipes and 2 manifolds for this car and they work great. The kit does not come with exhaust.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 11:57 PM   #1930
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

What pipe and manifolds do you guys recommend from Kyosho? Any part numbers and where I can get them from? I'll be running a NS12S3 first and then a Palmaris 12.
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:11 AM   #1931
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
What pipe and manifolds do you guys recommend from Kyosho? Any part numbers and where I can get them from? I'll be running a NS12S3 first and then a Palmaris 12.
Are you limited to run 5.2mm pipes? If so, get VSW008 which includs the manifold and the coupler (or VSW010 with pipe only). Otherwise, VSW033 (6mm) and VSW011 (7mm) might give you a bit more top end. I use the 5.2mm pipe with NS12S3 and it works great.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:18 AM   #1932
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,532
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

No, not limited to any particular pipe size. Thou should probably get something legal just incase I go to a sactioned event? Thanks for the part numbers! Any idea where I can purchase those items?
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 12:39 AM   #1933
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
No, not limited to any particular pipe size. Thou should probably get something legal just incase I go to a sactioned event? Thanks for the part numbers! Any idea where I can purchase those items?
Right here:
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFCK7&P=X
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:47 PM   #1934
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

The more I run this Kawahara chassis, the more I think it is for Foam tyre use only.
Today at the track I was coming in to the corner braking hard as usual when suddenly the car swapped ends big time, then when I tried to take the next few corners I would spin out under power.
When I got the car back to the pit area I found that a central Kawahara drive cup had come loose, then discovered that the part where the grub screw fits in was gone, I mean a big chunk of the drive cup was gone.




Last edited by NiMo; 06-27-2004 at 12:56 PM.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 03:54 PM   #1935
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 69 Pasok Tamod
Posts: 51
Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SupermaxxRich
No, not limited to any particular pipe size. Thou should probably get something legal just incase I go to a sactioned event? Thanks for the part numbers! Any idea where I can purchase those items?
NIMO,

where did you get your red springs? is this harder than the black or softer?
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net