R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-18-2004, 12:11 PM   #1861
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 69 Pasok Tamod
Posts: 51
Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default

ziggy,

thanks for posting the pic..anyway, what other things do i need to change? how do i adjust the roll center? i am planning to get it today. thanks.
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #1862
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Just had a thought, MonoShock rear end?
I think it's possible with this car.
Will have to explore.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 01:17 PM   #1863
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 69 Pasok Tamod
Posts: 51
Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default

nimo,

wat do you mean by mono shock rear end? do you know if the kawahara front conversion works? is it worth it?
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:28 PM   #1864
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JackPot
nimo,

wat do you mean by mono shock rear end? do you know if the kawahara front conversion works? is it worth it?
Yes and the centre conversion

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:35 PM   #1865
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 69 Pasok Tamod
Posts: 51
Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Yes and the centre conversion

Cheers
thanks ziggy..if you dont mind me asking, what benefits will i get from the front conversion? does do front conversion have "up stop"..the fw does not have up stop..thanks again.
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 02:49 PM   #1866
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Just had a thought, MonoShock rear end?
I think it's possible with this car.
Will have to explore.
Rats! I think I sold the bits I want with one of my ex V-one's.
Guess I'll have to buy some more, they're only $7.00.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:44 PM   #1867
Tech Master
 
ziggy12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 1,596
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JackPot
thanks ziggy..if you dont mind me asking, what benefits will i get from the front conversion? does do front conversion have "up stop"..the fw does not have up stop..thanks again.
Dont use upstop. It upsets the car in the turn. The front conversion gives you more steering.

I was using softer tyres at the front now use the same all round

Cheers
__________________
Dedicated RC Car Speed Site

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 03:52 PM   #1868
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: 69 Pasok Tamod
Posts: 51
Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ziggy12345
Dont use upstop. It upsets the car in the turn. The front conversion gives you more steering.

I was using softer tyres at the front now use the same all round

Cheers
thanks again ziggy.
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #1869
ojo
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Borneo Island
Posts: 17
Default

Ziggy...

Can you please list out what I need for the mugen rear hub conversion?

I need the part number as I have to order it through internet.

Thank you very much
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 04:45 AM   #1870
Tech Initiate
 
FW-05S Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 33
Default C'mon, gimme some help!

Hey,
I'm only new to R/C Racing and I would some from some of you experts

I raced my car last week, and I noticed it was all over the place... I set it up according to the kit...


Could somebody please help me out with a set up guide????:

Front Ride Height:
Rear Ride Height:
Front Droop:
Rear Droop:
Front Geometry: (Toe, Camber, Caster)
Rear Geometry: (Toe, Camber, Caster)
Front Springs:
Rear Springs:
Rear Camber Link Postiton:
Front Lower Shock Mounting Postion:
Rear Lower Shock Mounting Position:
Front Upper Shock Mounting Position:
Rear Upper Shock Mounting Position:
Front Differential Oil:
Rear Differential Oil:
Front Shock Oil:
Rear Shock Oil:
Front Tyres:
Rear Tyres:
Front Sway Bar:
Rear Sway Bar:
Clutch:
Fuel:
Servo Saver:

I would truly be EXTREMELY grateful of ANYONE who helps me!!!


Thankyou!!!


P.S I am racing this weekend and I want to show all those people driving a non-kyosho car, the true power of a kyosho car!!!
FW-05S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:17 AM   #1871
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: C'mon, gimme some help!

Quote:
Originally posted by FW-05S Racer
Hey,
I'm only new to R/C Racing and I would some from some of you experts

I raced my car last week, and I noticed it was all over the place... I set it up according to the kit...


Could somebody please help me out with a set up guide????:

Front Ride Height:
Rear Ride Height:
Front Droop:
Rear Droop:
Front Geometry: (Toe, Camber, Caster)
Rear Geometry: (Toe, Camber, Caster)
Front Springs:
Rear Springs:
Rear Camber Link Postiton:
Front Lower Shock Mounting Postion:
Rear Lower Shock Mounting Position:
Front Upper Shock Mounting Position:
Rear Upper Shock Mounting Position:
Front Differential Oil:
Rear Differential Oil:
Front Shock Oil:
Rear Shock Oil:
Front Tyres:
Rear Tyres:
Front Sway Bar:
Rear Sway Bar:
Clutch:
Fuel:
Servo Saver:

I would truly be EXTREMELY grateful of ANYONE who helps me!!!


Thankyou!!!


P.S I am racing this weekend and I want to show all those people driving a non-kyosho car, the true power of a kyosho car!!!
try this one


the only thing that i would change from this set up is to use "MONOTUNING FOAM TIRES"
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:20 AM   #1872
rjl
Tech Fanatic
 
rjl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: OZ
Posts: 848
Default

I've nick named this chubby,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zac fw 1.jpg (155.8 KB, 182 views)
rjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:24 AM   #1873
Tech Initiate
 
FW-05S Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 33
Talking Thankyou Josh!!!

The information you sent me is most definately most grateful

Where do you race?

I will still be grateful of anybody who sends me help with setup help.


Thankyou guys!

Aaron
FW-05S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:27 AM   #1874
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,213
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default Re: Thankyou Josh!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by FW-05S Racer
The information you sent me is most definately most grateful

Where do you race?

I will still be grateful of anybody who sends me help with setup help.


Thankyou guys!

Aaron
did you see the set up 3 post up^
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 06:33 AM   #1875
Tech Initiate
 
FW-05S Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 33
Thumbs up Uhh... yeah, sorry Josh, my bad

I live in Australia.
What is your track like?
Do you have any pics or links?

Thanks, Aaron



FW-05S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FOR SALE - Mugen MBX5T ProSpec and Kyosho STR with chassis conversion and Kyosho big MattWells R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 04-28-2017 10:25 AM
1986 1/12 Kyosho Plazma MKIII With Kyosho LeMan 600E Motor Funkymojo R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 05-17-2012 11:11 AM
Custom painted Kyosho SP2 and Kyosho STRR bodies.... RC3 Graphics SWEET W/ PICS CRFXXXT R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 01-07-2008 07:38 PM
MACH. 28/NEW PS, KYOSHO MINI INFERNO ST/W/3NEW IB1400 8 CELL PACKS, KYOSHO 1./8 BUGGY newbie2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 11-18-2007 06:07 PM
Convert Kyosho Quick Start system on Kyosho QRC to Pullstart Morpheus2be Monster Trucks 0 02-16-2005 11:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net