R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-14-2004, 09:44 AM   #1816
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Geting a FW-05R, is also one of the things I might do this year, i hear this the best 200mm in the market, the only things is parts, i can't find any store in F.L have part for it, i need to order every things from internet
chinamonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:51 AM   #1817
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by chinamonkey7
Geting a FW-05R, is also one of the things I might do this year, i hear this the best 200mm in the market, the only things is parts, i can't find any store in F.L have part for it, i need to order every things from internet
Join the club. FW05 models are not imported in to the UK (same with V-one RR/Evo models).
All of us who run them get our parts online from Hong Kong or via a racing friend, and 12 days is the longest I have had to wait for an order to arrive.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 AM   #1818
Tech Master

I need to ask a favour.
A few months back I found a picture of a 200mm Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 shell on an FW05R.
This is a recent mould as it has the moulded rear wing mounts like most modern Protoform type shells.
I have spent many hours on the web trying to locate where I found this picture and also trying to find a place I can get one.
(It was on a Japanese site so the shell may only be available in Japan).
Any help would be appreciated.
( don't get it confused with the 1/12th Tamiya shell)
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #1819
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by chinamonkey7
Kyosho cars and parts are available in some part of the US. My LHS do carry some parts. However, you could buy most parts through Tower Hobbies:

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=KYOC0479&P=X

They don't have the best price but great service and quick turnaround (if in stock).
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 11:46 AM   #1820
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you see, i going back to Hong Kong in the summer to visit my family, so if i buy the FW-05R, i can get part too.
chinamonkey7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:13 PM   #1821
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Yahoo to JackPot
Default tcd

hello everyone,

i am new to this thread. have anybody tried the kyosho tcd on the front? how about front and rear?
JackPot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #1822
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by spdmkr
Marcos give me your email and i will send pics. list of many hop-ups and $
[email protected] ,thanks
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:40 PM   #1823
Tech Adept

Jeffrey
Some racers were trying to help me set up my car at the local track and I swapped the short front black spring for the gold long spring as the gold long spring felt one step softer. I will stand up the shocks and if that doesnt work ill change the springs next. Should i go to a silver front and black rear or just change to gold rear black front.

Also what foam tire size and shore is popular on the fw05? I am currently running 40 shore front and back and rear 63 front 61 Is this too big? After racing hard and wearing the fronts down It seems like the turn in push gets less. Maybe my front tire size and shore is wrong. Would swapping to a 60 mm 37 shore help too?

Thanks again...
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 07:57 PM   #1824
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You can try and get a set of long black springs for the front and continue to use the long golds in the back. That seems to work well for most people. Tire sizes and shore rating depends on many things such as your track size, traction, the length of your main, etc. I prefer to use the same shore rating tires front and back and tune the suspension instead. If 40 front and back is what most people running on your track, I suggest that you stay with your current tire setting and try the list I gave you earlier and see how they work out before you go to different tires.

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
Jeffrey
Some racers were trying to help me set up my car at the local track and I swapped the short front black spring for the gold long spring as the gold long spring felt one step softer. I will stand up the shocks and if that doesnt work ill change the springs next. Should i go to a silver front and black rear or just change to gold rear black front.

Also what foam tire size and shore is popular on the fw05? I am currently running 40 shore front and back and rear 63 front 61 Is this too big? After racing hard and wearing the fronts down It seems like the turn in push gets less. Maybe my front tire size and shore is wrong. Would swapping to a 60 mm 37 shore help too?

Thanks again...
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 08:39 PM   #1825
Tech Adept

Thanks again I am racing this weekend so I will let you know how the setting changes work out. On most of the track I race at it isnt a problem as I can correct it by using on power steering, but there are 2 tight 180 corners that I push wide on no matter what speed I enter and people gain or pass me and then I have to fight for the rest of the lap to repass and I cant get clear of them due to the understeer on those 2 corners.
Again your help is much appreciated!
rcosmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 AM   #1826
Tech Elite

Just dismantle my rear ring gear and found the ring gear badly worn out Have to order steel bevel gear ring..$$$
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:56 AM   #1827
Nitro Tech

My FW05R was stolen on last sunday night when I eaten dinner after race.They broken my car's window and take out everything. Maybe they know they can't stole my car because I have many locks...

I have to tell you something before I forget .....
After 2 days with this car,my fastest lap time only 0.4s slower than the fastest guy last sunday.He use Rody 5port and I use D5R. There is some info if you need it....

1) Use 22t/28t can fit most of asia type tracks
In fact I use 21T/28T because our track is tighter

2) more camber on the right side to solve the on-power understeer when left turn
I use F L 2 / F R 3 and R L 4 / R R 5

3)#10,000 rear diff oil is best
the wheels wearing rate is almost the same between front and rear. But you still need 1mm smaller tyre in front.

4)Use Golden spring in rear and block spring in front.
5)Golden anti-roll bar in back and flat anti-roll bar in front
6)Front 35/Rear 37 tyres
7)Highest rolling center setting in rear
8)Downstop....F 3 / R 7 if i'm not wrong....
9)#600 shock oil

Above setting should fit most of asia type track...just need more precise adjusting...

Say Goodbye to my lovely FW05R.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my poor impreza.jpg (24.2 KB, 131 views)
dino.tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 01:59 AM   #1828
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rcosmax
Thanks again I am racing this weekend so I will let you know how the setting changes work out. On most of the track I race at it isnt a problem as I can correct it by using on power steering, but there are 2 tight 180 corners that I push wide on no matter what speed I enter and people gain or pass me and then I have to fight for the rest of the lap to repass and I cant get clear of them due to the understeer on those 2 corners.
Again your help is much appreciated!
Try drag brake.

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 02:01 AM   #1829
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Just dismantle my rear ring gear and found the ring gear badly worn out Have to order steel bevel gear ring..$$$
Get the 40 for the rear and the 39 for the front or get the centre conversion. This gives you more speed.

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:09 AM   #1830
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by dino.tw
My FW05R was stolen on last sunday night when I eaten dinner after race.They broken my car's window and take out everything...
That is bad ..man Why this world have such kinda people.!!
esham is offline   Reply With Quote