Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-29-2004, 11:44 PM   #1576
Tech Master

this car is dialed
FW-05RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:54 PM   #1577
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Has anyone noticed the fuel tank rubbing on the outdrive that goes through the brake disk?
Old 05-30-2004, 12:00 AM   #1578
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by Bundy_Bear
Has anyone noticed the fuel tank rubbing on the outdrive that goes through the brake disk?
Yeah, you need to tighten the screws that holds the fuel tank a bit more.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:19 AM   #1579
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
guys really need to easy on throttle exiting corner otherwise it will spin ! to much power at the back! If it belt car, it feel like running without front belt. HELP..!!! me guy!!!
Well, around here, most have trouble getting the car too loosen up enough! Ironic. I think if you run a diff setup like 50k in front and 30k in the rear on a track with 180's and all, that isn't helping any. Use lighter rear diff oil than you are presently, that would be my suggestion.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:42 AM   #1580
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
Well, around here, most have trouble getting the car too loosen up enough! Ironic. I think if you run a diff setup like 50k in front and 30k in the rear on a track with 180's and all, that isn't helping any. Use lighter rear diff oil than you are presently, that would be my suggestion.
thanks .. i believe to start built it up again really carefull this time. 50K/30K i tried before and yes it doesn't work. Now its 10K/7K i need to check again the drive train the rear diff doesn't smooth enough..i going to start it from there..than egain back to the basic on the suspension.
esham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 05:37 AM   #1581
Tech Master

with a diff setup of 10k and 7k, I would actually thicken the front diff oil. That way you can just grab the throttle and your car will hookup, rather than hook around. I personally run 30k and 7k and found its just plain easy to drive on just about any surface I've found... fast, maybe not in some cases, but it's a start.

Anyway, I'd rather my slightly push rather than slightly oversteer... just easier to drive.
Im2lazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 07:12 AM   #1582
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Im2lazy
with a diff setup of 10k and 7k, I would actually thicken the front diff oil. That way you can just grab the throttle and your car will hookup, rather than hook around. I personally run 30k and 7k and found its just plain easy to drive on just about any surface I've found... fast, maybe not in some cases, but it's a start.

Anyway, I'd rather my slightly push rather than slightly oversteer... just easier to drive.
Just dismatle my front diff and this the time to change it .. yup agree i did experience with 30K that is ok. Im2.. i have problem with diff mess. Follow the instruction on assembling the front diff/rear diff but the gear is not that smooth.. sometime stuck if i hold the diff housing and turn one side of the diff joint it stuck sometime. BUt yes it's ok if i hold both of the diff joint left and right and turn it it smooth but not if i turn one side at the time. Is it surpose to be smooth..right ?! LSD/TCD not in stock right now..still struggle with this stock gear.Anybody have an idea on how to get smooth gear mess with the stock gear diff..??ANybody
Old 05-30-2004, 07:52 AM   #1583
mmc
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Diff

Hey Esham,
I also run on a tight track.
Try 30K to 35K diff oil in fron, and 5K to 10K in the rear.
However, diff oils are not enough. From my experience, you have to check/measure the front wheel track and the rear wheel track. The track should be 200mm more or less. If the front track is much, much more narrow than the rear, then you are likely to experience oversteer.
With regard to diff gear smoothness, check the shims, not too loose, not too tight gear meshing (shims on the right side of the diff makes the gear mesh more loose, shims on the left side of the diff makes the gear mesh tighter).
Hope this helps.
mmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #1584
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)

anybody had any problem with the transmission not shifting or shifting way too early??
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 11:43 AM   #1585
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

You may have to replace your diff case. I had the same problem and I couldn't figure out what the problem is untill I change the diff cover and then it's smooth again.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 03:57 PM   #1586
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Marcos.S710
anybody had any problem with the transmission not shifting or shifting way too early??
A junior race had a non changing gearbox, but once we put the clutch shoes on the right way round his gearbox started changing.
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 04:11 PM   #1587
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
A junior race had a non changing gearbox, but once we put the clutch shoes on the right way round his gearbox started changing.
im taking the 2 speed out to inspect it , thanks , i hope i didnt put it backwards
Old 05-30-2004, 06:25 PM   #1588
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by NiMo
Fixed the problem , cleaned and re-assembled the transmission and adjusted the clutch.works great now, thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 06:35 PM   #1589
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffreylin
You may have to replace your diff case. I had the same problem and I couldn't figure out what the problem is untill I change the diff cover and then it's smooth again.
Some how i believe there is a slight default from the diff housing. Suspect on the height of the housing body. Still investigating and i plan to sand down abit of the housing diff pin holder and shim it inside abit more. I problem seem come from loose touching/mess.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:38 PM   #1590
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by esham
Some how i believe there is a slight default from the diff housing. Suspect on the height of the housing body. Still investigating and i plan to sand down abit of the housing diff pin holder and shim it inside abit more. I problem seem come from loose touching/mess.
i didnt have that problem but i noticed that i had to re-shim the front diff to make it operate smoother.