R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2008, 12:06 AM   #16
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Northern California
Posts: 293
Default

It is great to hear the feedback about the Altis 2.3 and comparisons to other bodies. Like full size cars and there are different cars for different people and what they like. Bodies for racing are no different, however certain facts are true and most guys found that out as mentioned in the comments above.

The Altis 2.3 was designed and built for speed and obtaining good times. The Altis 2.3 was designed to have good steering at high speeds and low speeds. Most bodies have one or the other and the trade offs is what gives slower times. However our body can feel a little unstable at high speeds and that is correct. You can get the stability feel back into the body by pushing the rear wing back. Also using a slightly larger wing will do the same but may be outside ROAR rules where you run. However when this is done you will loose a some speed coming out of the corners.

To gain the top speeds that the Altis 2.3 body gives, the body shell is 202mm with a slightly thinner cockpit compared to other body shells at 205mm.

We have found from feedback given to us from our Top Drivers around the world that some chassis setup changes gives faster lap times with the Altis 2.3 body shell. They feel different front tire angles can be changed (Camber and toe) because the Altis 2.3 will give steering. The results with the Altis 2.3around the world have proven that this body gives lap times that others try to match. We test our bodies and others all the time because we are always in search of the "perfect body". We will obviously be employed for the rest of our lives with that being our goal. lol
TM America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 02:28 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
JetMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 1,172
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM America View Post
It is great to hear the feedback about the Altis 2.3 and comparisons to other bodies. Like full size cars and there are different cars for different people and what they like. Bodies for racing are no different, however certain facts are true and most guys found that out as mentioned in the comments above.

The Altis 2.3 was designed and built for speed and obtaining good times. The Altis 2.3 was designed to have good steering at high speeds and low speeds. Most bodies have one or the other and the trade offs is what gives slower times. However our body can feel a little unstable at high speeds and that is correct. You can get the stability feel back into the body by pushing the rear wing back. Also using a slightly larger wing will do the same but may be outside ROAR rules where you run. However when this is done you will loose a some speed coming out of the corners.

To gain the top speeds that the Altis 2.3 body gives, the body shell is 202mm with a slightly thinner cockpit compared to other body shells at 205mm.

We have found from feedback given to us from our Top Drivers around the world that some chassis setup changes gives faster lap times with the Altis 2.3 body shell. They feel different front tire angles can be changed (Camber and toe) because the Altis 2.3 will give steering. The results with the Altis 2.3around the world have proven that this body gives lap times that others try to match. We test our bodies and others all the time because we are always in search of the "perfect body". We will obviously be employed for the rest of our lives with that being our goal. lol
I never tried moving the rear wing back at larger tracks. I will have to give that a try the next time i'm up at 301. Thanks for the tip!
__________________
www.vorra.org

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 AM   #18
Tech Regular
 
SLOW 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Where can you find one of these for sale at?
SLOW 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW 77 View Post
Where can you find one of these for sale at?
racedayhobbies.com
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:24 PM   #20
Tech Regular
 
SLOW 77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 300
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Thanks! They happen to be out of stock though
SLOW 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:37 PM   #21
Tech Master
 
Ivan Dickson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cali Love USA
Posts: 1,643
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLOW 77 View Post
Thanks! They happen to be out of stock though
That's a bummer....
__________________
SPECIAL THANKS TO ✦ MY WIFE ✦✦ MOTIV RC ✦✦ GRAVITY RC ✦✦ JGO PAINTZ ✦✦ TQ RC RACEWAY ✦✦ TAMIYA RACEWAY ✦
Ivan Dickson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:37 PM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,848
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Give TMA a call direct 480-983-4016
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:47 PM   #23
Tech Adept
 
MAXX_BASHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default blitz 2.3

hi, i am from a shop in australia and we keep blitz bodies in stock. i am pretty sure with your current exchange rate we could be pretty competitive.
i can do the blitz altiz 2.3 2 for $55 australian plus postage
if you are interested this price is a special to help with the recession we are having
thanks
MAXX_BASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:34 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 4,148
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXX_BASHER View Post
hi, i am from a shop in australia and we keep blitz bodies in stock. i am pretty sure with your current exchange rate we could be pretty competitive.
i can do the blitz altiz 2.3 2 for $55 australian plus postage
if you are interested this price is a special to help with the recession we are having
thanks
That comes to about $38US plus postage.
__________________
| Capricorn | Ybslow | Proline-Protoform | Johnny Bravo Racing | Desoto Racing | Murnan Modified | Matrix Tires | Powermaster Fuel |
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:40 PM   #25
Tech Adept
 
MAXX_BASHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 235
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
That comes to about $38US plus postage
yes that appears about right on current exchange rates.
ill just have to confirm postage if your interested
cheers
MAXX_BASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 AM   #26
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 42
Default

try rc mushrooms, they have 2 in package for good price.
majk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
East Civic (EFRA2028) or Blitz Altis 2.3 (EFRA 2027) c1 racin Nitro On-Road 13 09-10-2008 02:33 PM
Blitz Body USA distributer? shadow102 Nitro On-Road 4 03-06-2008 11:18 AM
Where to get Blitz Body Shell Warbird Australian Racing 13 11-11-2005 06:54 AM
Titan -=Blitz- Body NorthAmerica Distribution! formosa008 Nitro On-Road 2 07-26-2004 06:54 AM
Titan -=Blitz- Body NorthAmerica Distribution! formosa008 Electric On-Road 0 07-23-2004 01:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:45 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net