R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #121
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 32
Default

rear, (a little blury)...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscf0029 copy.jpg (70.4 KB, 831 views)
SpeedyOB-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 10:24 PM   #122
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: Orion Fresh Kicks Foams

Quote:
Originally posted by jbackslash
The thing that suprised me was that he trued his tires down quite a bit and was still able to get them to last a 45 minute main. I should have stuck around to see what the tires looked like afterwards. Anybody use Orions Fresh Kick Foams. I think Hara said he used 37 shore all the way around. Hopefully his setup goes online soon.
Yeah, orion fresh kicks are an awesome tire. That's amazing that he used 37's and still made the 45 minute main. But then again, he's Atushi Hara. A great win by a one of the greats in rc racing...........Atushi Hara.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:18 PM   #123
Tech Fanatic
 
Frank McKinney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: A Yank in England
Posts: 755
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
Unofficial results:

1. ATSUSHI HARA (HPI R40)
2. BILLY EASTON (Associated NTC3)
3. JOSH CYRUL (Trinity G4)

Congrats to Hara and HPI, not bad for the first outing on the R40
NOT BAD?!



Okay, okay, first time racing the car, not a gas car specialist, first actual race for the car, it's only been available less than 2 weeks. Yeah, I suppose that's "not bad".

sheesh, what do you want man!
__________________
Minimal signature to save screen space! Big sigs suX0r
Frank McKinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:13 AM   #124
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: los angles
Posts: 1
Default

Congrats to Hara on a very nice win today!

I dont think that I will be waiting to buy R40 intill it is proven that an average driver will be able to get around the track. Just because Hara won means that it will dominate everywhere. Can anyone remember what car won the Nationals last year?... Yes is was the Serpent and we see how many they sold over the last year. Also isnt it funny that someone who should not even have been able to race (since he is not a resident of the USA) and has already race a Japan Nationals was aloud to race anyways... I also heard from a couple drives at the Nats this weekend that Hara was at Mugen this week trying to buy parts to inprove the R40 already...

Still Hara has to be very happy with this great win!!
havinfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 10:50 AM   #125
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by havinfun
Congrats to Hara on a very nice win today!

I dont think that I will be waiting to buy R40 intill it is proven that an average driver will be able to get around the track. Just because Hara won means that it will dominate everywhere. Can anyone remember what car won the Nationals last year?... Yes is was the Serpent and we see how many they sold over the last year. Also isnt it funny that someone who should not even have been able to race (since he is not a resident of the USA) and has already race a Japan Nationals was aloud to race anyways... I also heard from a couple drives at the Nats this weekend that Hara was at Mugen this week trying to buy parts to inprove the R40 already...

Still Hara has to be very happy with this great win!!
You need to get your facts straight buddy.

Hara lives in Temecula, CA, so he is a resident of this "oh sooo wonderful country"

Further, you need to have been here for 6 month to be able to participate at the Nats.

He obviously fullfilled all the requirements, since the people who couldn't beat him tried to protest him out of the way, unsucessfully.

Lastely, in this country of immigrants, this questions shouldn't even be asked

Last edited by stefan; 08-11-2003 at 11:05 AM.
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:03 AM   #126
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

Congratulations!
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #127
Tech Elite
 
Ron C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Congratulations !!!

RD Logics would like to Congratulate Atsuhi Hara and Team
HPI for winning the 2003 ROAR Sedan Nationals!!!

He was running :

- HPI R40 Car
- Novarossi NS12 S3
- RD logics One Piece Turbo Pipe (Part# 61215L)

Top Five Drivers/Manufacturers are:

Atsushi Hara - HPI R40
Billy Easton - Associated TC3
Josh Cyrul - Trinity G4
Ralph Burch Jr - Serpent 705
Ron Rosetti - Mugen MTX3

Each one of them were certainly well represented.
Again Congratulations to the winners.!.!.!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rdl turbo one piece pipe (part # 61215l).jpg (6.2 KB, 669 views)
__________________
Mugen Seiki / MSR / Airtronics / Enneti Tyres / O'Donnell Racing / Checkpoint / Hobbico
Ron C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:14 AM   #128
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 153
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wagnerov Send a message via Yahoo to wagnerov
Default

I think the argument was that Hara had no proof that he had been "living" in the U.S. for six months. Maybe he pulled out a visa or something. The other side's argument was that he had been a ROAR member for almost a year, since Cleveland last year. By that token, I guess Spashett, Salven, Picco, Osaka, and others would have been legal to race as well, which IMO should not happen in a _National_ championship (a rule's a rule, they nitpicked about everything else last weekend!). Proof must have been provided, otherwise I am sure he wouldn't have been allowed to race. I hope ROAR explains their decision soon. The rule was created to avoid situations like this, after a national event many years ago created controversy in the same fashion.

But anyway, the best driver definitely won the race. He put on a clinic that put the experienced gas folk to shame. Except at the start...but that wasn't really his fault. Absolutely incredible lines, and I think he turned the fastest lap of the weekend during the A. Does it make me want an HPI? Not really. He made the Pro 3 look good too, and we know how much of a camel that car is.
__________________
---
RCFIA.com - Northern California Formula 1 Racing
wagnerov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:49 AM   #129
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default

Roger,

We were actually using 37 fronts 35 rears. After 45min you would only loose about 2mm of tire. The track was very greasy feeling and wasn’t abrasive at all.


SpeedyOB-4,

The pictures are of my car. I was plagued with bad luck all week I had some engine failures and freak incidences. But my car was extremely good. I was able to pull some fast laps and put the car on a fast pace when things were in check.
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:55 AM   #130
Tech Elite
 
Roger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,312
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thad Garner
[B]Roger,

We were actually using 37 fronts 35 rears. After 45min you would only loose about 2mm of tire. The track was very greasy feeling and wasn’t abrasive at all.


Thats what I kinda figured. Did they spray VHT ? Thx for the 411 Thad.
__________________
http://nitrokb.netne.net/profiles/RogerSerafin.html
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:19 PM   #131
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by wagnerov
I think the argument was that Hara had no proof that he had been "living" in the U.S. for six months. Maybe he pulled out a visa or something. The other side's argument was that he had been a ROAR member for almost a year, since Cleveland last year. By that token, I guess Spashett, Salven, Picco, Osaka, and others would have been legal to race as well, which IMO should not happen in a _National_ championship (a rule's a rule, they nitpicked about everything else last weekend!). Proof must have been provided, otherwise I am sure he wouldn't have been allowed to race. I hope ROAR explains their decision soon. The rule was created to avoid situations like this, after a national event many years ago created controversy in the same fashion.

But anyway, the best driver definitely won the race. He put on a clinic that put the experienced gas folk to shame. Except at the start...but that wasn't really his fault. Absolutely incredible lines, and I think he turned the fastest lap of the weekend during the A. Does it make me want an HPI? Not really. He made the Pro 3 look good too, and we know how much of a camel that car is.
Don't laugh, but I have my own theory about why Hara was so good:

Until 3 years ago I was only running electric TC and Off Road, never raced longer than 5 minutes in my life.

The first time that I ran my MTX2, I TQed and won the race with two laps on the field, braking the track record by one lap.

To this day, this is still one of my best races and I have not often been fster than that first day.

My explanation is that I ran the full 30 min main like it was a 5 minute electric main, I didn't even blink.
In the 3 years since, I have learned a lot about saving a car and bringing it through a long main, but I lost that all-out speed of the first race.

Just a theory though
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 12:20 PM   #132
Tech Regular
 
puma1824's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 337
Send a message via AIM to puma1824
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by havinfun
... I also heard from a couple drives at the Nats this weekend that Hara was at Mugen this week trying to buy parts to inprove the R40 already...

Anyone know what these parts may be????
puma1824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:26 PM   #133
Tech Regular
 
Thad Garner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Trabuco Canyon
Posts: 305
Default

We were trying different clutch shoe materials including mugen shoes. I can understand havinfuns skepticism…I think
Thad Garner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #134
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Modesto, Ca
Posts: 991
Default

Hey Thad,
How thick is that carbon fiber setup board of yours?
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 03:36 PM   #135
Tech Adept
 
Manbik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sin City
Posts: 142
Default

The winning setup
Manbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New on Nitro and this forum Emaxx rider Rookie Zone 8 02-06-2008 07:21 AM
HPI Nitro MT 2 Forum Tom P Electric Off-Road 5 07-19-2004 06:26 PM
New Nitro R/C Forum Dantherc10man Web Links 0 08-09-2003 07:39 AM
Nitro car forum Rose Money Singapore R/C Racers 47 07-04-2002 08:49 PM
Nitro Forum ART2 Singapore R/C Racers 41 05-16-2002 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:14 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net