Tech Master

Hey guys, any tips on an R40 rubber tire setup? Thanks
Fatboy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 09:55 AM   #1307
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by front1wayFreak
lol..i was just joking about putting serpent on my R40, don't take it personally darkseid
No, nothing personal taken, I just thought I would ask why people like to use other companies' products on their car. I've never done much of that, so I thought I would get inside the head of someone who does and figure out the reasons.

Just inquiring really.

When I spoke of avoiding the kit threads, I was talking about threads like the Yok SD thread. I can't even stand to go there anymore, cause I'm one of the few people left with an all Yokomo.....Yokomo. Most of those guys are running Associated shocks, with Rayspeed chassis, with a little Tobee and others thrown in!

Not much for me to talk about there!
Old 01-12-2004, 09:58 AM   #1308
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

Copying a design really isn't that uncommon, look at the TC3, after it was released tons of other companies copied the design. Honestly how much different can a 3 belt 4 wd car be from another companies? They all need to follow the same design to get it to drive correctly. The main differences just seem to be the little details, such as fuel tanks, servo placement and such. No company is gonna ever have a one of a kind car and if they do some other company will surely copy the idea soon!
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:12 AM   #1309

Actually; it looks like they just scaled down the PROCEED. Makes sense doesn't it? I liked the little details on this 3-belter; like the battery placement/case, front suspension pin bushings, Pivot ball shoulders, rubber(not urethane) belts, easier maintenance, etc. the car obviously draws on HPI/Delta's 1/8 experience.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #1310
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

Yeah, most touring cars are scaled down 1/8th scales. Look at the MTX-3, and even better Kyosho's V-One-RR, or the EVO!
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:22 PM   #1311
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It appears that Akira Hena had a Serpent 2spd on his R40 when he took 2nd at the JMRCAs last year
boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:31 PM   #1312
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkseid
icon: oh come on, be a sport. You know you love these discussions.

You know, 4 wheels, a fuel tank, and a engine....

....how much longer can we all deny that, yes, our car looks like company yadayadayada's car, which looks like........

This use to bug me, but then I realized that the devil was in the details. Its those unique features like those 4 wheels, fuel tank, and engine that really show how closely these cars resemble each other.
hehehe, i actually do like seeing how different car companies evolve their cars; whether by their own innovation, market response, or response to a competitors car. but i just feel that similar statements like "this car looks like that one" starts unnecessary flame wars that goes into what company is most original.

nitrojohnny:

btw just found out that TEAM MAGIC & K Factory are one and the same.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #1313
Tech Addict

where's everybody?

just trying to keep the thread alive
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #1314
Regional Moderator

I'm still here, just don't have much to chat about. Haven't gotten anything new for my R40 recently. Still waiting for my 200mm Mazda 6 to come in so that I can have a new body for it.

Just ordered a temp guage and glow plug for my new engine. But thats about all on the R40 front.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:25 PM   #1315
Tech Addict

Quote:
Still waiting for my 200mm Mazda 6 to come in so that I can have a new body for it.

where did you order the body from? Mazda 6 body looks very nice, do you know how does the handling compare to stratus?
luketob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:08 PM   #1316
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jscamry Send a message via MSN to jscamry Send a message via Yahoo to jscamry Send a message via Skype™ to jscamry
Default throttle return spring

I was wondering if someone could please post a pic of how they installed a throttle return spring on the r40....

thanks J.
jscamry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2004, 10:23 PM   #1317
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by front1wayFreak
where did you order the body from? Mazda 6 body looks very nice, do you know how does the handling compare to stratus?
I have one for my electric sedan, but haven't run it yet. A buddy of mine (CIVIC91 here on rctech) ran his on his electric car and said it was the best TC body he had ever run. Same thing Barry Baker said. He said its "stable, but still agressive.....kinda hard to explain until you run one" So I'm quite excited to run one on both my electric and nitro car this year. I'm the type of guy who runs a body as much for how it looks as for how it performs, so since I love the way the Mazda 6 looks, I'm happy to hear it performs so well.

I ordered mine from my local hobby shop. They're still on order, so I'm playing the waiting game.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:39 PM   #1318
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

when tuning my moter i noticed my front tires break loose is that caused by to light in the rear dif and also they lock up when applying brake any one know
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 03:03 PM   #1319
Tech Elite

Question about Haras setup....

Why did he move the bottoms of the rear shocks upwards and outwards with graphite spacers?

Also why did he move the attachment point of the rear swaybar?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:49 PM   #1320
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 20 SMOKE
when tuning my moter i noticed my front tires break loose is that caused by to light in the rear dif and also they lock up when applying brake any one know
A little more info might be needed here. When are the fronts breaking loose? While turning? And what do you mean by breaking loose? Like they're loosing traction going through the turns.

If this is what your talking about, you may try a lighter diff oil up front, thicker diff oil in the rear, softening the action on the front swaybar or disengaging it completely, or just softer foams up front. There are many solutions to a loose front end.

As for them locking up while breaking, you may just need to lighten up your breaking action. Take it back a 'click' at a time on the radio until your still getting solid breaking with out the lockup.