R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-23-2007, 03:13 AM   #11686
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi, for me i will put a OS .12 speed tuned engine... hehe... if not you can try STS d3r / d5r engine..
jameslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 05:52 AM   #11687
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwapogi View Post
thanks keavze, rapid roy, and fast harry..yeah im just planning to bash around..hehehe.so the hara tranny really does make a lot of diffrence huh..ive also read that putting in a larger engine does not guaranty performance bump.so what would be the best engine to put.novarossi is off my budget since its very expensive.an os .12 speed tuned or a .18?which is the better of the two?again thanks in advance guys for the help..you guys are really helping me a lot here..ehehehhee.

the r40, like any foam tired, belted PRO racetrack car, does not lend itself to bashing around.....Foam tires will wear out quick, the car will have no traction on a dirty parking lot, and the belts are gonna shread with the debris caught in them....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #11688
Tech Rookie

Talking ....

yeah i know what you mean fastharry.the only reason i bought the r40 is because i did not know anything about nitro cars.basically, i do not know much about rc's at all.all i know is you buy one and upgade it to go faster.i was at the store looking for a nitro car and saw the r40.i noticed that it was sitting very low so i thought it would handle really good.i never had a single clue that the r40 was a purpose built race track car,but since i bought one, might as well have fun with it.you know what i mean?so from an expert like you on r40s fastharry,what engine size would you recommend me to have tons of torque and top end.i already ordered the hara edition tranny, light weight hollow 2 speed and middle shaft and the steering upgrade kit to eliminate the massive steering slop the stock has.thanks for the previous replies guys!!really appreciate it.
gwapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 AM   #11689
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)
Send a message via ICQ to surreal Send a message via AIM to surreal

Sorry to interrupt, however, if any of you guys are interested in a huge R40 lot, I am selling it all. obo/price negotiable.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=186770
Old 10-24-2007, 06:58 AM   #11690
Tech Addict

Quote:
yeah i know what you mean fastharry.the only reason i bought the r40 is because i did not know anything about nitro cars.basically, i do not know much about rc's at all.all i know is you buy one and upgade it to go faster.i was at the store looking for a nitro car and saw the r40.i noticed that it was sitting very low so i thought it would handle really good.i never had a single clue that the r40 was a purpose built race track car,but since i bought one, might as well have fun with it.you know what i mean?so from an expert like you on r40s fastharry,what engine size would you recommend me to have tons of torque and top end.i already ordered the hara edition tranny, light weight hollow 2 speed and middle shaft and the steering upgrade kit to eliminate the massive steering slop the stock has.thanks for the previous replies guys!!really appreciate it.
get the OS TZ12 rather than .18, u'll get higher rpm top speed and better mileage for yr fuel...

u could bring the height of the car up (shocks, springs, etc...) to have more clearance to the ground...

btw, which version of the r40 did you get?
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 05:02 PM   #11691
Tech Rookie

Default ...

thanks keavze!!!i have the standard r40 but right now it's becomming a hara edition because i ordered the hara 2 speed tranny, hollow 2 speed and middle shaft and also the steering uprgrade.i also replaced the shock towers with carbon fiber.hehehehe.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 PM   #11692
Tech Addict

Quote:
thanks keavze!!!i have the standard r40 but right now it's becomming a hara edition because i ordered the hara 2 speed tranny, hollow 2 speed and middle shaft and also the steering uprgrade.i also replaced the shock towers with carbon fiber.hehehehe.
woah! u could have bought the hara edition in the 1st place, more worth it in my personal opinion.

btw, which engine did you got? hope it's the OS 12TZ...
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #11693
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
woah! u could have bought the hara edition in the 1st place, more worth it in my personal opinion.

btw, which engine did you got? hope it's the OS 12TZ...

could have bought my NIB hara for 225 ....I just sold it, and included a new PF stratus body....
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #11694
Tech Apprentice

If you are planning to bash, but still have insane power, you can get a standard OS 12 TZ 3 port for $179 from RCMArt.com, or the PICCO/JLR .12 Red Dot for $169 from murnanmodified.com. I wouldn't spend cash on a highend engine unless you take your car to the race track.

Back when I bashed, I had ran the R40 in a parking lot only to find myself replacing belts abd gears often due to rocks. But in a decent parking lot you will do fine. Raise the ride height a little but not too much where the car will handle like crap.

Good luck and enjoy.
SasonRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:56 PM   #11695
Tech Rookie

Default yup yup..

yeah i know guys..i've also thought that i should have bought the hara edition but like i said,its my first time on rc's and i went to the store and saw the r40 and bought it right away.i didn't even know that there was a hara edition.hehehe.he motor i have on it right know is the nitro star 12 xs sg from hpi.they said that it's a good engine but i want more power..hehehehehe.yeah i'll probably buy the standard os .12 tz because the 5 port version is too expensive...thanks a lot for the help!!!i'm really liking this hobby..
Old 10-26-2007, 07:04 PM   #11696
Tech Rookie

Default xcv

wait was it the 5 port or the 3 port that was more expensive?whatever i'll just buy the cheaper one between the 3 or 5 port..hehehe.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #11697
Tech Addict

Quote:
wait was it the 5 port or the 3 port that was more expensive?whatever i'll just buy the cheaper one between the 3 or 5 port..hehehe.
anyway, either the 3 or 5ports is also good stuffs...
no worries.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:45 PM   #11698
Tech Master

Quote:
yeah i know guys..i've also thought that i should have bought the hara edition but like i said,its my first time on rc's and i went to the store and saw the r40 and bought it right away.i didn't even know that there was a hara edition.hehehe.he motor i have on it right know is the nitro star 12 xs sg from hpi.they said that it's a good engine but i want more power..hehehehehe.yeah i'll probably buy the standard os .12 tz because the 5 port version is too expensive...thanks a lot for the help!!!i'm really liking this hobby..
The xs is a pretty good engine. What pipe and fuel are you using? You might want to try changing those first, then get a new engine when yours wears out.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:50 PM   #11699
Tech Rookie

Default ,...........

the exhaust on it is the black one from hpi also..im sorr but i dont know the model or part number on it..all i now that its black and its length is from the engine up until to the pulley in front..hehehe.the fuel im using is morgan fuel's backyard basher.20% nitro 16% oil.what exhaust should i put in my current engine?and also could you recommend me an exhaust that would also be good on the os .12 tz so that when i buy that engine,i wont have to buy another exhaust..if it possible.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #11700
Tech Addict

Quote:
the exhaust on it is the black one from hpi also..im sorr but i dont know the model or part number on it..all i now that its black and its length is from the engine up until to the pulley in front..hehehe.the fuel im using is morgan fuel's backyard basher.20% nitro 16% oil.what exhaust should i put in my current engine?and also could you recommend me an exhaust that would also be good on the os .12 tz so that when i buy that engine,i wont have to buy another exhaust..if it possible.
skyline vr12 pipe is good generally...