Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum >

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Reply

Old 09-09-2007, 04:42 AM
  #11641  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: indpls,ind
Posts: 1,446
Default

bxpitbull how do you like that Hpi Rs4 nitro with a TZ.18 in it?? I have a TZ.18 in my R-40 and it is real fast. I really like my R-40 it is a quality car and is almost indestrucable I have had some highspeed crashes and it survied them. I can't understand why Hpi does not support its onroad nitro racers more, the Proceed and the R-40 both had alot of potential and Hpi discontinues production on both??? I just finish working on it this weekend I managed to change my final gear ratio to 3.5 going to do some speed runs with it on a private airport runway. Good luck racing

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 09-09-2007 at 05:24 AM.
nitrohead5300 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
  #11642  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 96
Default

Oh man I took the R40 out for spin at Floyd Bennette Today. Man did this car handle itself well. It seems like the car just wanted to keep going on the turns and straight away.

Some updates.
Running Diff all around, 40 shore for FLoyd all around. 2mm Ratio front to back on tire diameter. After about 8 tanks I had about 2mm tire wear in the rear and one in the front. I was able to bump heads some some good drivers today adn that helped my skills improve as I was able to keep up with some of them. I figured out that certain sections of the stand allowed me to drive better than others. My vision sucks. Anyhow I came home with a smile. One of the dudes I was racing with was getting a run for his money when I lost it on a turn, he sped off on the straight and to avoid hiting the side wall he turned into my line where I ended up rear ending him. The result was no damage to me and a shock tower for him. I apologized to the guy but it was his fault I guess.


Practicing for the major race in two weeks with no mishaps so far. Oh and Maxxy's fuels is sweet. I was having so much fun today that I caught a big sunburn. I forgot to use sunscreen.
SasonRC is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
  #11643  
Tech Master
iTrader: (6)
 
bxpitbull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Union City, New Jersey
Posts: 1,883
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Nitrohead-I'm feeling the OS .18 TZ. You cant go wrong with OS, basically set and forget the needles, point and shoot. If this thing werent pullstart, I know there would be ponies squeezed out of this thing. BUT, it might be wasted in my Nitro RS4 3...I say this because the JL Red Dot in the R40 is a MONSTER. The R40 is flat out sick. Running diffs front and rear, I have finally gotten the hang of driving it and now I am ready to start messing with droop and springs. Hopefully, I can get to compete with this thing a few times before winter gets here.
bxpitbull is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 AM
  #11644  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
hooked_on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi

Just picked up a 04 spec R40 new in the box. Just wondered if there is any tips i need to know with the titanium screws and not stripping the head out with the Hudy driver?

Thanxs
hooked_on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
  #11645  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (1)
 
stefanos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Athens,Greece
Posts: 67
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

...titanium screws?? ....you got them with the car? normaly the new in the box hara edition dont have titanium screws...or you got them after?
stefanos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
  #11646  
Tech Master
 
Rapid Roy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: L.A. (Rowland Hts)
Posts: 1,531
Default

The 04 spec was an Asia only update with the upgrades that Hara used to win his back to back ROAR championships. The TI screws were in that kit. They are really expensive too. I don't remember anybody having any trouble with stripping. Just make sure that your drivers fit nice and snug. I DO remember that there is some discrepancy between metric hex tools and screws manufactured in the US and overseas.
Rapid Roy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
  #11647  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
Hi

Just picked up a 04 spec R40 new in the box. Just wondered if there is any tips i need to know with the titanium screws and not stripping the head out with the Hudy driver?

Thanxs

how much did you pay for it?........btw, the ti screws did not come standard, use a good wrench, I use MIP.....

is the car a HARA edition?...
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
  #11648  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy View Post
The 04 spec was an Asia only update with the upgrades that Hara used to win his back to back ROAR championships. The TI screws were in that kit. They are really expensive too. I don't remember anybody having any trouble with stripping. Just make sure that your drivers fit nice and snug. I DO remember that there is some discrepancy between metric hex tools and screws manufactured in the US and overseas.

right, but the 04 came with the hop ups, but is still a 1st edtion car without the hara chassis, top deck, fuel tank ot servo mounts..

I can't believe I can't sell a NIB hara r40 for 250........
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:24 AM
  #11649  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
hooked_on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
how much did you pay for it?........btw, the ti screws did not come standard, use a good wrench, I use MIP.....

is the car a HARA edition?...
Hi

I live in Australia, I paid $299au for it. I could have got the 05/Hara edition at the same store for an extra $30 dollars, but i don't like how the battery pack sits beside the belt and having the receiver in a box seemed like a better idea to me.

FastHarry your kit is a good price, but by the time it landed here it is easier to deal local.

Thanxs
hooked_on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 AM
  #11650  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
hooked_on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Good to see so many helpful people in this thread
hooked_on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
  #11651  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
Hi

I live in Australia, I paid $299au for it. I could have got the 05/Hara edition at the same store for an extra $30 dollars, but i don't like how the battery pack sits beside the belt and having the receiver in a box seemed like a better idea to me.

FastHarry your kit is a good price, but by the time it landed here it is easier to deal local.

Thanxs
cool....
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM
  #11652  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
hooked_on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just got some plumbers thread tape for the pivot ball nuts, is there any other tips i need to know before i start assembly?

Thanxs
hooked_on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:56 AM
  #11653  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
I just got some plumbers thread tape for the pivot ball nuts, is there any other tips i need to know before i start assembly?

Thanxs
follow the insructions....they will put you in the ballpark for everything...


put regular steel screws in the last 4 holes in the rear of the chassis...., be careful doing the 2 speed trans....its possible to crack the shoe putting in the allen screws, the car goes together well....if something doesn't fit right, like the 2 speed shaft is too far over, or something like that, it's something you did wrong....everything should be fine on the car...
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 AM
  #11654  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
hooked_on's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Australia
Posts: 725
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by fastharry View Post
follow the insructions....they will put you in the ballpark for everything...


put regular steel screws in the last 4 holes in the rear of the chassis...., be careful doing the 2 speed trans....its possible to crack the shoe putting in the allen screws, the car goes together well....if something doesn't fit right, like the 2 speed shaft is too far over, or something like that, it's something you did wrong....everything should be fine on the car...
FastHarry

Thank you... it is going together slowly, work always gets in the way
hooked_on is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 05:42 AM
  #11655  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
fastharry™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Posts: 2,846
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
FastHarry

Thank you... it is going together slowly, work always gets in the way

BTW, do you know why I said to put 4 reg phillips heads in the back of the chass, instead of the Ti screws?...
fastharry™ is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service