HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:42 AM
Tech Master

bxpitbull how do you like that Hpi Rs4 nitro with a TZ.18 in it?? I have a TZ.18 in my R-40 and it is real fast. I really like my R-40 it is a quality car and is almost indestrucable I have had some highspeed crashes and it survied them. I can't understand why Hpi does not support its onroad nitro racers more, the Proceed and the R-40 both had alot of potential and Hpi discontinues production on both??? I just finish working on it this weekend I managed to change my final gear ratio to 3.5 going to do some speed runs with it on a private airport runway. Good luck racing

Last edited by nitrohead5300; 09-09-2007 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Oh man I took the R40 out for spin at Floyd Bennette Today. Man did this car handle itself well. It seems like the car just wanted to keep going on the turns and straight away.

Some updates.
Running Diff all around, 40 shore for FLoyd all around. 2mm Ratio front to back on tire diameter. After about 8 tanks I had about 2mm tire wear in the rear and one in the front. I was able to bump heads some some good drivers today adn that helped my skills improve as I was able to keep up with some of them. I figured out that certain sections of the stand allowed me to drive better than others. My vision sucks. Anyhow I came home with a smile. One of the dudes I was racing with was getting a run for his money when I lost it on a turn, he sped off on the straight and to avoid hiting the side wall he turned into my line where I ended up rear ending him. The result was no damage to me and a shock tower for him. I apologized to the guy but it was his fault I guess.

Practicing for the major race in two weeks with no mishaps so far. Oh and Maxxy's fuels is sweet. I was having so much fun today that I caught a big sunburn. I forgot to use sunscreen.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Nitrohead-I'm feeling the OS .18 TZ. You cant go wrong with OS, basically set and forget the needles, point and shoot. If this thing werent pullstart, I know there would be ponies squeezed out of this thing. BUT, it might be wasted in my Nitro RS4 3...I say this because the JL Red Dot in the R40 is a MONSTER. The R40 is flat out sick. Running diffs front and rear, I have finally gotten the hang of driving it and now I am ready to start messing with droop and springs. Hopefully, I can get to compete with this thing a few times before winter gets here.
Old 09-14-2007, 03:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi

Just picked up a 04 spec R40 new in the box. Just wondered if there is any tips i need to know with the titanium screws and not stripping the head out with the Hudy driver?

Thanxs
Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

...titanium screws?? ....you got them with the car? normaly the new in the box hara edition dont have titanium screws...or you got them after?
Old 09-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Master

The 04 spec was an Asia only update with the upgrades that Hara used to win his back to back ROAR championships. The TI screws were in that kit. They are really expensive too. I don't remember anybody having any trouble with stripping. Just make sure that your drivers fit nice and snug. I DO remember that there is some discrepancy between metric hex tools and screws manufactured in the US and overseas.
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hooked_on
Hi

Just picked up a 04 spec R40 new in the box. Just wondered if there is any tips i need to know with the titanium screws and not stripping the head out with the Hudy driver?

Thanxs

how much did you pay for it?........btw, the ti screws did not come standard, use a good wrench, I use MIP.....

is the car a HARA edition?...
Old 09-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rapid Roy
The 04 spec was an Asia only update with the upgrades that Hara used to win his back to back ROAR championships. The TI screws were in that kit. They are really expensive too. I don't remember anybody having any trouble with stripping. Just make sure that your drivers fit nice and snug. I DO remember that there is some discrepancy between metric hex tools and screws manufactured in the US and overseas.

right, but the 04 came with the hop ups, but is still a 1st edtion car without the hara chassis, top deck, fuel tank ot servo mounts..

I can't believe I can't sell a NIB hara r40 for 250........
Old 09-15-2007, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fastharry
how much did you pay for it?........btw, the ti screws did not come standard, use a good wrench, I use MIP.....

is the car a HARA edition?...
Hi

I live in Australia, I paid $299au for it. I could have got the 05/Hara edition at the same store for an extra $30 dollars, but i don't like how the battery pack sits beside the belt and having the receiver in a box seemed like a better idea to me.

FastHarry your kit is a good price, but by the time it landed here it is easier to deal local.

Thanxs
Old 09-15-2007, 04:27 AM
Tech Addict

Good to see so many helpful people in this thread
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Hi

I live in Australia, I paid $299au for it. I could have got the 05/Hara edition at the same store for an extra $30 dollars, but i don't like how the battery pack sits beside the belt and having the receiver in a box seemed like a better idea to me.

FastHarry your kit is a good price, but by the time it landed here it is easier to deal local.

Thanxs
cool....
Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Addict

I just got some plumbers thread tape for the pivot ball nuts, is there any other tips i need to know before i start assembly?

Thanxs
Old 09-16-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

I just got some plumbers thread tape for the pivot ball nuts, is there any other tips i need to know before i start assembly?

Thanxs
follow the insructions....they will put you in the ballpark for everything...

put regular steel screws in the last 4 holes in the rear of the chassis...., be careful doing the 2 speed trans....its possible to crack the shoe putting in the allen screws, the car goes together well....if something doesn't fit right, like the 2 speed shaft is too far over, or something like that, it's something you did wrong....everything should be fine on the car...
Old 09-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fastharry
follow the insructions....they will put you in the ballpark for everything...

put regular steel screws in the last 4 holes in the rear of the chassis...., be careful doing the 2 speed trans....its possible to crack the shoe putting in the allen screws, the car goes together well....if something doesn't fit right, like the 2 speed shaft is too far over, or something like that, it's something you did wrong....everything should be fine on the car...
FastHarry

Thank you... it is going together slowly, work always gets in the way
Old 09-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Tech Elite

FastHarry

Thank you... it is going together slowly, work always gets in the way

BTW, do you know why I said to put 4 reg phillips heads in the back of the chass, instead of the Ti screws?...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.